Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

hi hippiehappy also !! i see u started stimming tonight hun i preffered the gonal f as with the menopur u have to mix it yourself whereas the goal u just click click click lol i held mine in for 5 seconds as told by the unit the same with menopur and several times there has been a blob of liquid come out as i release the needle so dont panic the first 1 is always nervewracking and i used to panic about everything !! i dont now i just get on with it, will be stalking u and im sure u will have lots of lovely follies when u go for your scan good luck

I really hope so! :hugs: I'm a first timer so all talk of follie size and lining measurements means very little to me I'm afraid. :shrug: . My clinic also tells me very little, they do bloods and don't give you results just say yeah fine, go ahead with this and that. So I've not really been able to obsess about anything even if I wanted to as half the time I've no idea what's going on, haha.
Again, good luck on Tuesday x

When you use the gonal-f you do sort of feel there's not much going in, so that's normal, don't worry.

just noticed we are both 37 also lol we have quite a bit in common with the 2 failed cycles as well im feeling this may be our year !! i so hope so im trying to think positive but its hard when u have been thru it twice before and it hasnt worked :growlmad::shrug:isnt it are u doing anything different this cycle to the last 2 or different meds ? menopur is only thing they have changed as they say it has been proven to produce better quality embies ?

hi hippiehappy also !! i see u started stimming tonight hun i preffered the gonal f as with the menopur u have to mix it yourself whereas the goal u just click click click lol i held mine in for 5 seconds as told by the unit the same with menopur and several times there has been a blob of liquid come out as i release the needle so dont panic the first 1 is always nervewracking and i used to panic about everything !! i dont now i just get on with it, will be stalking u and im sure u will have lots of lovely follies when u go for your scan good luck

I really hope so! :hugs: I'm a first timer so all talk of follie size and lining measurements means very little to me I'm afraid. :shrug: . My clinic also tells me very little, they do bloods and don't give you results just say yeah fine, go ahead with this and that. So I've not really been able to obsess about anything even if I wanted to as half the time I've no idea what's going on, haha.
Again, good luck on Tuesday x

thats not a bad thing trust me hippie !! if your anything like me u will just analyse everything all your e2 levels etc and so on i didnt even bother asking them fri like i usually would then straight on the web seeing what they mean what they should be etc everybody is different and results all vary from 1 person to the next as 1 clininc to another my re tells me off lol says i need to stay away from google haha i feel alot calmer now then i did before i started stims was a wreck emotional moody erractic lol cant wait for tuesday now ivf is 1 long hurdle having to get thru 1 thing then another egg collection then fertilisation then how the embies are doing transfer etc then the dreaded tww thats the worst for me i think but with doing 2 failed cycles i no what to expect now and ive just learnt to take it 1 day at a time every cycle is different so im hoping this time i will get a bfp best thing is to not get stressed and relax as much as we can :winkwink:i will keep u posted xx

Hi all

Welcome Donna :flower: - I hope the trigger and ec go well this week! Fingers crossed it's third time lucky for you :hugs:

Hippie, I totally agree about the hospital smell of the gonal-f pen! I suppose as I'm on the 450 dose it feels like a lot for me (12 clicks I think!) but it's only just a bit more than the buserelin now that I've increased the dose. I guess because the pen is so much bigger than the syringes I use for the buserelin it always feels like a lot to me, but it's all an illusion :wacko::haha:

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend! :happydance:

Hi all

Welcome Donna :flower: - I hope the trigger and ec go well this week! Fingers crossed it's third time lucky for you :hugs:

Hippie, I totally agree about the hospital smell of the gonal-f pen! I suppose as I'm on the 450 dose it feels like a lot for me (12 clicks I think!) but it's only just a bit more than the buserelin now that I've increased the dose. I guess because the pen is so much bigger than the syringes I use for the buserelin it always feels like a lot to me, but it's all an illusion :wacko::haha:

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend! :happydance:

Hi sophiebee, thanku hun, omg the menopur stinks !! it smells clinical but is post menopausal ladies pee lol !! lovely im glad it dosent smell like it !! gags !! it does reek tho i dont remember the gonal f stinking like it.

Morning Ladies!

Hope youve been enjoying the weekend!

Hippie - CONGRATS on your first stimming jab!!! Its not long to go now really! The whole stimming side goes soooo quickly. When is your first scan and bloods?

Donna - Welcome and good luck!!! xxx

Hi sophiebee, thanku hun, omg the menopur stinks !! it smells clinical but is post menopausal ladies pee lol !! lovely im glad it dosent smell like it !! gags !! it does reek tho i dont remember the gonal f stinking like it.

That made me LOL. I work for Adult Social Care looking after contracts for care and nursing homes, the smell in some of those homes is just :sick:
The Gonal F just stinks of antiseptic, not half as bad as the other thing :winkwink:

Morning Ladies!

Hope youve been enjoying the weekend!

Hippie - CONGRATS on your first stimming jab!!! Its not long to go now really! The whole stimming side goes soooo quickly. When is your first scan and bloods?

Donna - Welcome and good luck!!! xxx

Thanks Samba. I really do hope it goes quick. I went out for breakkie with the DH this morning as he's been working over 90 hours per week in the last 2 weeks I have hardly seen him. While we were in the cafe I started feeling mega sorry for myself and getting tearful, must definitely be the drugs! I just started thinking how sh*t this all is and that I'm still going to have to stab myself TWICE for over a week, possibly two and it already feels like I have been doing it for an eternity!!! :cry:
I also started thinking of how I have tickets booked to go and see my sister in March, she had her 2nd baby on January 11th and lives abroad. The trip will be about a week or so after the TWW and what if it's a BFN, I might not be mentally able to go? It made me feel sooo sad! :help:
Anyway, it was an excellent excuse for some serious retail therapy. I haven't been on a shopping trip for months and had managed to stay away from the Xmas sales etc so got my nails done (which is a very VERY rare treat for me) and got some cd's, a t-shirt and a big fat Krispy Kreme donut.
Feeling miles better now! :happydance:

Hope you are all having a good week-end xx

Hiya sorry I haven't been on for ages there's lots going on I have my lap this Friday I'm ver scared the last one was awfull I will be in hospital for a few days but we got our paper work for the ivf :happydance: we will be at st Mary's too not sure how long it will be I'm going to post the paperwork back tomorrow I have to get the passport pics done I hope it will start before my 30th at the end of march,

Hippie :hugs::hugs: wow it really doesn't sound fun I just hope it works for you :hugs::hugs:

just noticed we are both 37 also lol we have quite a bit in common with the 2 failed cycles as well im feeling this may be our year !! i so hope so im trying to think positive but its hard when u have been thru it twice before and it hasnt worked :growlmad::shrug:isnt it are u doing anything different this cycle to the last 2 or different meds ? menopur is only thing they have changed as they say it has been proven to produce better quality embies ?

I sure am hoping it's going to work this time as I have high hopes!

I think I'll be on menopur again, same as my 2nd cycle. We got more eggs that time maybe with the change in drugs but they made me stim longer too.

The only thing the FS mentioned is that she may take embies to blast and see what they do, maybe that'll make the difference this time.

It's funny you say you just get on with the jabbing now, so do I. I've not started that yet but certainly the sniffing, I keep forgetting, even though I've got a reminder on my phone that's got an alarm! My OH loves mixing it up too for me.

Anyway best of luck and keep us up to date on how you're getting on.:happydance:

Hello wana, wow lap for you on Friday, I will be keepimg everything crossed for you! Have you already got the proforma through and done the tests like the scan and the 25 bottles of bloods they do before you can start? It's the one where they test you for everything like HIV, Rubella antibodies, Hep B etc?
We got the tests done quickly, the only thing that took ages was getting the results which took about 10 weeks and only at that point did they think of letting me know that the scan was not clear and about the salpinges! :nope:.
Anyway, hope your lap goes ok, will be thinking about you :hugs:

Sophie, I did the same as you with the Gonal F today and stabbed myself in the thumb. That internal needle is really sneaky! :dohh:.
It wasn't half as bad as stitching my finger with the sewing machine or stapling it, of course I've done both!
Had to laugh when I did it, made me think of you, lol.

Hope everyone had a good week-end. Lots going on for everyone next week, I have my scan on Saturday so I suspect it will be another long week for me. :hugs: and :dust: to all x

We haven't had the bloods done yet but with me having the lap on Friday don't know if I will need the lap and oh had a sa done a couple of weeks ago but we haven't had our first app at st Mary's yet omg 10 weeks why so long? :( I'm so impatient I will be ringing every day lol
I'm hoping that as my gyn said that because my endo is so severe he wants the ivf done ASAP after the lap so I hope he can push it for me the endo was back within 3 months after my last lap so time is precious,

Do you live near st Mary's ?

I live about 20 mins away on the Salford side and work in town not far from Hulme so it's quite easy for me to get to. I think we were messed about like that because there was no urgency but your circumstances are clearly different so I'm sure they will push it through a lot quicker than they did with us. All I kept being told was well you're young :shrug: which was upsetting because it meant a lot of sittig around. About 3 years' worth in fact. Now if I'm lucky and I get pregnant after this cycle I will have my 1st baby just before my 33rd birthday so thank you very much NHS but I really don't think that's really THAT young??
Anyway, I'm getting myself worked up again. Like I said, clearly you have a reason why things need to happen much faster. I'm sure they wouldn't have made me wait 10 weeks for blood and scan results if I'd been 5 years older so I'm confident they will push you through quicker than that. Definitely get your surgeon/ consultant on them though! :hugs: xx

Hello everyone and welcome Donna :flower: Hope you had a good weekend.

Hippie I see you are also under the spell of cake this weekend, I'm glad the donut helped! I tried to make eclairs but they ended up looking like turds, oh dear!:haha: I think we all have times when it all catches up with us, it's hard enough without the jabs, the getting up early at the weekend to do it and the side effects, but it WILL be worth it :hugs:

Wannabe, I hope the lap goes well on Friday and the wait to IVF isn't too long for you. Have you go anything fun planned for those 10 weeks to help the time go by?

AFM (what does that stand for anyway?), still spotting. Will it ever go?! Only three days to go until I find out if all the stabbing's been worth it.. Busy planning a weekend away for the 2ww: a good distraction now and hopefully then too.

:wave: everyone else, hope you have a good week in store :dust:

Hello everyone and welcome Donna :flower: Hope you had a good weekend.

Hippie I see you are also under the spell of cake this weekend, I'm glad the donut helped! I tried to make eclairs but they ended up looking like turds, oh dear!:haha: I think we all have times when it all catches up with us, it's hard enough without the jabs, the getting up early at the weekend to do it and the side effects, but it WILL be worth it :hugs:

Wannabe, I hope the lap goes well on Friday and the wait to IVF isn't too long for you. Have you go anything fun planned for those 10 weeks to help the time go by?

AFM (what does that stand for anyway?), still spotting. Will it ever go?! Only three days to go until I find out if all the stabbing's been worth it.. Busy planning a weekend away for the 2ww: a good distraction now and hopefully then too.

:wave: everyone else, hope you have a good week in store :dust:

The eclair bit made me howl with laughter! What is it with down regging that makes you sugar crazy anyway? I've been eating cake like it's going out of fashion!
My jabs are all at 6.30 in the evening, so luckily I've been able to have lie ins :thumbup:.
AFM= as for me.
The week-end break sounds like a perfect plan. Will have to see when ET will be an try and persuade the DH to have a whole week-end off work. That will be the hard bit!
Night all and hope next week is a good one xx

Hi ladies,
just a quicky im panicking now as just done my ovitrelle trigger shot and when i released the needle there was a bit of liquid in the plunger which squirted out as i pulled it out i pushed it down ffs !! i swear i had plunger right down when injected it obviuosly not i should of put back in but it had already came out so now im in a state thinking it didnt all go in and eggs wont mature !! i spoke to soon have been really good not stressing and then this happens !! arghhhhhhhhhhhh !!! i should no better its my third time at it !! any ideas what i should do ?? not much i can do really is there :dohh::growlmad:

Hi Donna - I'm really sorry I have no idea about the ovitrelle trigger as I've never got that far in the process. I guess you should call your clinic as soon as they open - you can't be the only person this has happened to.

Hope it all works out for you :hugs:

Hi Donna,
Same as above really though I'd be tempted to say that chances are if it was just a tiny little bit you will probably be ok. After all they give the same dose to everybody to make sure even the person who needs more triggers, though that's not to say that everyone needs the same amount... If that makes sense?
Usually when a squirt comes out it looks like loads but it really isn't. I agree with Sophie about it being a good idea ringing the clinic but my feeling is they'll say it's no biggie.
Let us know how you get on and good luck :hugs: x

Omg I feel like I don't understand anything I'm trying to keep up but I really don't get it :( maby when I start treatment I will lol

Omg I feel like I don't understand anything I'm trying to keep up but I really don't get it :( maby when I start treatment I will lol

Don't worry I don't blame you :hugs: do you know how long it will be after your lap before :witch: arrives? It might be worth speaking to your surgeon to see whether you will be allowed to ring in straight away. You need to ring in on CD1 they will take your details and call you back within 72 hours though I always found that they called me back on the day. You will then have to go in within the next day or 2 for bloods and a scan and they will give you an appointment 3 weeks later when you get all the drugs and they show you how to inject. Have you been told whether you are on long or short protocol? If you need any clarifications feel free to DM me as I'm an expert in St Mary's now haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->