Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

hi all just a quick update had scan today got 5 folics and 2 in the other they uped my stims to 300 for two days then back to 225 i have to go for another scan on saturday. how is every one x

Mazak - Hope that the extra stimms get you some more follies and eggies!! Best of luck for Saturday!!! :dust:

Hello everyone,
Wannabe - I've had two laparotomies, so I know how grotty it makes you feel - I was walking like an old lady for a while :hugs: All in a good cause, you'll be right as rain in no time and ready for the next step. I always joke that x will mark the spot after I get my c-section scar (here's hoping!). Enjoy all the trashy TV while you can!

Hippie, I think your negative wobble will balance my positive one today, so I'm sending lots of pma your way. Are you still on for EC tomorrow? You too Sophie? Good luck and lots of :dust:

Traskey - fantastic news! Hope they're all snug in there. Is everyone PUPO with twins at the mo? Sorry if I'm mistaken. This could get interesting!

Wallie, good luck on Fri, let's hope you don't need to wait. My clinic does the same, except for us it's Thursdays.. :flower:

Mazak, good to hear that you are on track, any idea when your EC will be? Maybe you can be my buddy!

Samba and Donna, hope the 2ww is going ok. Any funnies to share?

Hope I haven't forgotten anyone, this is like some kind of memory test for the tired and drug-addled sistas! Or maybe that's just me..

AFM the scan went well today - all the fluid has gone (sorry if I keep going on about that, but it was really weighing on my mind), lining is juicy and the eggies are on track. At the mo I have 6 on one side, 4 on the other and 3 wee ones. So, same old until another scan on Fri, when I will start my antibiotics, and possible EC next Wed. Blimey, I'm actually beginning to think this might work. Steady on!

PS Mazak, lets hope the extra stims do the trick. It's good that they are treating you as an individual. Hope all goes well on Sat - lots of :dust: xx

PG - Its funny as you get closer it kind of dawns on you that you could actually really get a real life BABY out of this!!! Its very strange isnt it!! Sending you LOADS of big fat juicy follie :dust: I'll be keeping everything crossed for you on Friday xxx This is when the journey starts to get weird, surreal, exciting, nerve wracking etc etc etc GOOD LUCK!!

Yup Im PUPO with twinnies!!! xxx So I think thats makes it 100% of us so far!

Mazak, good luck for your scan Saturday!

PG, so pleased all the fluid has gone and sounds like your follies are doing great.

Yep, we have 6 embies transferred so far :wohoo:

:happydance: Traskey's PUPO! :happydance: Mega congrats and buckets of sticky :dust: for you and your lovely twinnies :happydance:

Big :hugs: to donna and Samba - hope you're both feeling well

Good news on the follies PG - exciting that you'll possibly be going for EC in just a week :hugs: Hope they keep growing nice and fat for you.

And to you Mazak - hoping the increased dose does the trick for you :hugs:

:hi: Wallie - keeping my fingers crossed for a nice thin lining for you so that you can join the stim party

Wanna, good to hear from you again - glad it all went well, take care of yourself and get nice and well so that you can get on to the next stage :hugs:

I think that's everyone...

I phoned my clinic today because I got myself in a muddle about the gonal-f jabs. Basically I wasn't sure whether or not to to my usual 7am jab before the scan tomorrow - a nurse had previously told me not to, but the one I saw on Monday told me off for not doing it that day. But I thought that there had to be a gap between the last gonal-f and the trigger, so I phoned the clinic to check and the nurse I spoke to confirmed it for me - NO gonal-f at 7am, buserelin only until I've had my scan. They will then decide whether it is a Friday or Monday collection and give me the instructions for the ovitrelle jab. EXCITING! :happydance:

Feeling really quite uncomfortable now, so goodness knows how you ladies with 10 or more follicles felt! Hoping that those straggling 12mm follies have done some growing over the last day or so and that we get the go ahead for a Friday collection...

Yay for PUPO with twins :happydance: and :dust: to the three/ nine of you!

Sophie, thanks for mentioning the no Gonal F b4 the final scan thing - it's good to have these things in your head. Friday/ Monday EC not far away now :happydance: I have everything crossed for you, have some :dust:

Samba, you mean it gets weirder than this? :haha: Looking forward to it, I hope you're enjoying it!

Of course it wasn't everyone - I missed my cycle buddy, how could I? :dohh:
Honestly, these drugs have ruined my brain...

Hope you're doing well Hippie :hugs: Good luck for the scan tomorrow - we can synchronise our dildo cams :haha:

Of course it wasn't everyone - I missed my cycle buddy, how could I? :dohh:
Honestly, these drugs have ruined my brain...

Hope you're doing well Hippie :hugs: Good luck for the scan tomorrow - we can synchronise our dildo cams :haha:

:haha: glad it's not just me!

I'm starting to think that come my baseline scan on Friday I'll not be DR'd enough. I noticed I had sore breasts last night and again today and tmi I've got EWCM and it's day 12 of my normal cycle. I think I'll end up on Provera again this cycle. I hope I'm wrong though... But Friday I'll know for sure either way.

I'm not worried or disappointed it just delays things, that's all.

Hi all, quick one from me. Had a nightmare last night that kept me awake for hours about going for my scan and only still having 4 follies and only 2 of them being big enough!
Anyway, just had the scan now and we have 2 between 21 and 25mm, 2 at 19 and 3 at 17 so that's at least 7 good ones and another 9 smaller ones so that's a mammoth 16 in total!*:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
So I'm triggering tonight and in for EC on Friday. My brain is so cabbaged atm I feel like I'm walking around in a bubble. Not just you PG and Sophie! I nearly got myself run over by a car leaving the clinic and then drove the wrong way to work.
Spending half the night awake last night thanks to the nightmare and the DH snoring and sleep-shouting didn't help either. The ET will be either Sunday, Monday or Wednesday. :yipee::happydance:
It's so true that it's all starting to feel EXTREMELY surreal now! The psychedelic drugs are helping, I'm sure.

Sophie, how did your scan go? :hugs:

PG and Wallie, mega good luck with your scans! :dust:

Mazak, sounds like your scan is looking good! I had 10 at my first and 16 now (3rd) and that's without even increasing the dose on Gonal F I'm sure the follies will go crazy for you now! FX and :dust:

Traskey, Samba and Donna, :happydance::yipee: sending you all lots of sticky :dust:.
Will check back later when I get home xx

Oh and Wanna, glad to hear your op went well :yipee: onwards and upwards now, FX you will get to start soon. Staff at St Mary's are supernice :hugs: x

Just a quick one to say I've updated the front page with everyone's key dates but not sure I got it right! Please feel free to DM me if I've missed anybody or got anything wrong, I will try and keep on top of updates/ changes xx

Very quick one from me as I'm at work and can't get the interwebs on my phone for some reason so having to try to do this with no-one looking :wacko:

All still looking good. I have 6 at a good size (1x18mm, 2x17mm and 3x16mm) plus a couple of smaller ones being a bit squished by the biggies that probably won't grow. 8 in total then, but looking like 6 for eggies. We shall see...

Still no confirmed date for collection, but they will call me this afternoon to let me know - will either be Friday or Monday.

:happydance: Woohoo for Hippie - glad your scan went well!

Will update as soon as I can after I get the news :kiss:

No collection for me this week :nope:

Docs say I'm not ready yet, so it's another couple of days of stims and another scan on Friday at 10:30am. Now looking at a Monday or Wednesday scan date. Disappointing, but I guess they know what they're doing - and if it means more/better quality eggs then I'm all for it.

Bit worried as this meant I was really late taking today's gonal-f jab (2.30pm instead of 7am) but hopefully it won't make too much difference at this stage :shrug:

Aww don't be too disappointed, if you have to wait a few extra days to get your baby, I'm sure you'll agree it was worth it. :hugs: chin up!

Hey Sophie, boo for no EC Friday but chin up. I guess you must be feeling a bit like I did on Monday, I was hoping for the scan to show bigger and more follies and spent the next 2 days being mega stressed out but those 2 days made all the difference. I am betting that you will very pleasantly surprised on Friday, you know that there are a MINIMUM of 6 follies there, which is a decent number anyway, so you can only get more and better/ bigger ones, what's not to like :thumbup:
Ok 2 more days of stabbing but I'm sure in the grand scheme it will be worth it :hugs:

Wallie, sorry for not replying sooner, how strange about your clinic only letting you down reg week by week! Surely they end up having too many people triggering and going for EC all at the same time that way? :dohh: I'm sure they know what they are doing but sometimes policies make you really wonder... :huh::roll:
With regards to the extra d regging, frustrating but again, look at the bright side, better than risking a poor response to stims I guess. I'm sure you will get there in the end, I have a good feeling that this tread will end up with 100% BFP! :hugs:

PG, very very happy that the scan showed no fluid, I bet you are relieved like crazy :wohoo::happydance:
with regards to the no stims before trigger, funny this was mentioned as my trigger shot is the Pregnyl and I've been told to still go ahead and do both the Buserelin and the Gonal F as normal at 6.30 this evening and then the trigger shot at 9.30. I guess it depends on the drug, maybe it's because I'm having a different one? :wacko:
EC will be at 8.30 on Friday morning which is great as I don't need to stay hungry and thirsty too long :thumbup:

Finally, to join the surreal debate, I completely agree with Samba, it's only slowly starting to down on me that this might really be happening though I don't want to let myself be too optimistic before ET, there are still too many things that could go wrong at this stage. I accept that it would be very bad luck but I guess I've just had so much bad luck I have learned to brace myself for the worst! I am starting to think ahead in case the cycle ends with a BFN but not in case it ends with a BFP, that will be easier to deal with and I don't want to spoil the anticipation too much I guess!
My OTD could be around my granny's birthday on Feb 18th and :baby: due around my dad's birthday October 31st which is also Samhain, couldn't ask for more!

:dust: to all and good luck with all the scans at the week-end :hugs:

Hello peeps,

Wallie - I hope you don't get delayed on Friday, but you know it's best if they treat you like an individual and do what's best for you :hugs: It might not happen, but an extra week of sniffs will be worth it. Sorry for being so thick, but what's Provera when it's at home?

Sophie - sorry to hear about your delay :hugs: They sure suck, but the important thing is that you will have 6 juicy ones ready for action. I'm sure the delay in the Gonal F won't hurt too much, it's the endpoint that's important. I have no real idea of how my follies are growing until Friday's scan, but I'm pencilled in for EC on Wed and Mazak will be around that time too, so you'll still have some buddies.

Hippie - welcome to the bonkers club :wacko: Try not to get run over by a bus or anything, this is all so preoccupying! Are you planning anything relaxing to prepare for ET? I'm thinking of a sneaky massage or something between EC and ET. :dust: for Friday - hope it all goes well and you get lots of embies to choose from.

Hello everyone else :dust: :hugs:

Hello peeps,
Hippie - welcome to the bonkers club :wacko: Try not to get run over by a bus or anything, this is all so preoccupying! Are you planning anything relaxing to prepare for ET? I'm thinking of a sneaky massage or something between EC and ET. :dust: for Friday - hope it all goes well and you get lots of embies to choose from.

Hello everyone else :dust: :hugs:

Funnily enough, I had a mini stress at work this afternoon. You know how I mentioned that they are strict with leave, well the nurse at the clinic mentioned that they advise taking 7 days off after ET. I mentioned this to my boss and suggested that I could work from home, he basically asked me to take the rest of my annual leave for EC and ET :nope: cheeky sod!!!:growlmad:

So it looks like big fat sick note, here I come :haha:

I have a close friend's birthday do on Saturday though I expect I won't stay too long as might not feel 100% from the EC. A massage sounds like the perfect plan though, might do that Saturday or Sunday daytime xx :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->