Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

Thanks for sorting the front page Hippie, you have done a sterling job :flower: I think I will begin to need a bit of your realism soon - think I'll go and stare at my stats post-it for a bit, that usually works! (I am a geek and have worked out my chances of a baby at high (40%) medium and low (20%) odds for up to 6 rounds of IVF (yawn, imagine what it's like to live with me!). However, let's enjoy this while we can, it's a tough old road and a bit of optimism feels good. If we don't get that bfp, we'll be gutted anyway, so we may as well enjoy the ride!

I'm doing self-cert sick leave for 'minor surgery' for a couple of days and working at home for the rest. Don't think that's actually a lie..

Thanks guys :hugs:

I'm actually not feeling too down-heartened, although it was disappointing obviously. I know that they are only making this decision because they want it to work for me - they're not doing it just to cheese me off :haha:
It can only help with getting more nice fat follies - I'll just have a bit of an uncomfortable weekend, but hopefully I'll get the go ahead for Monday which will help cheer me through :thumbup:

Hippie, I'm on Ovitrelle for my trigger, so maybe you're right about it being different depending on the drug. I take my last Gonal-F jab the day before, and the last buserelin the day of the trigger. I've got all my instructions (and pain killer bum bullet :wacko:) already - just need a date now!!

I'm also going to do the self-cert sick leave for EC and the day after too, then again for ET (might book the day after as annual leave for some chill-out time).

Hope everyone is well - isn't it :cold::cold::cold: out there?!

I'm sorry this is a quickie from me, as I have a load of work to do tonight. I've read up with all your news. Stimming for a few more days may well help, fingers crossed. Hope those of you waiting for dates get them soon.

I was off egg collection day and the next. Then it was the weekend, which helped.

:hug:

Provera is a drug which makes AF come on. I was on it before last cycle as my lining wasn't thin enough. Added about another 14 days onto the cycle bleugh!

Anyway glad to hear it's all moving forward and I really hope this will be a 100% BFP thread too! :dust: :hugs:

Hi Ladies

Im also just dashing in tonight... Ive read all your news and Im so excited that everyone is getting closer and closer!!! End of this week, and next week is going to be SUPER exciting xxxx

LOTS OF LOVE AND :hugs: and promise a proper update tomorrow xxx

Hey ladies

quick post to say hello been so busy this week which is good as taken my mind off things !! have had a read thru all your posts just want to wish every1 well and send lots of sticky and positive vibes !! :happydance:

afm
did a test yest purely to make sure trigger was out of my system which it is so at least now if i test early i will no wether its a real bfp if i am blessed with 1 ? may test weekend had some crampy twinges yest but nothing else to report am 4dp5dt today will grab some frer,s tomorrow i just cant help myself !! traskey samba are u testing early ?

Donna

Hello all - how is everyone? Toasty and warm I hope!

Just popping in to sprinkle some :dust: for tomorrow's activities!

Hippie - GOOD LUCK for the collection tomorrow :hugs: I'll be thinking of you and hope it all goes really well. Keeping my fingers crossed for plenty of high quality eggies!

Wallie - GOOD LUCK for the scan tomorrow! I know that a delay of a week won't be the end of the world, but I'm hoping that you get a bit of good news and are able to get the ball rolling with the next stage.:hugs:

PGLady - GOOD LUCK for your scan tomorrow! Keeping my fingers crossed that you have lots of lovely fat follies getting ready for collection next week :hugs:

Lots of :hugs: to everyone else - hope you're all doing well! I'm hoping for the go-go-go tomorrow, if only for the knowledge that I'll get to sleep in on Sunday for the first time since 7 December - I've been jabbing for nearly two whole months :wacko:

Thanks for all the good luck wishes! I hope to get going tomorrow :happydance:

Sophie when you put it like that, its been a long troll for you to get this far. Hope it's all go tomorrow for you.

Best of luck everyone else! :hugs:

Just a quick one from me as it's sleepy time.

Wanted to wish Hippie, Wallie and Sophie good luck tomorrow :dust:

Hello everyone else xx

Morning ladies

Lots of luck to hippie, wallie and Sophie x x x x

Afm - it's all boring! Lol it's really hard just waiting and trying to stay stress free but I only work until 12pm on a Friday!! I'm off for cake and a gossip with Tansey today. I'm testing on Saturday.... Yup.... I'm a POASaholic lol!

Hello my dears,
update from me, just come out of surgery and we now have 16 eggies!!! :happydance::wohoo::yipee:
I don't expect to get more than 4 embryos tbh as we're using frozen :spermy: so they say only about one third usually fertilise with that and obviously not all eggs will be good enough to use. If they only manage to get 2 to fertilise I will go for ET on Sunday, any more than 2 it will be a Monday or Wednesday transfer (if v. good quality).
I'm really pleased with 16 though, FX we get at least 4 embies! [-o<

Sophie and Wallie, can't wait to hear from you about how your scans went.
Hope everyone else is good :hugs:

Oh and good luck to PGLady for your scan too! How could I forget- well, let's just blame the drugs :winkwink: xxx

WOW 16 eggies Hippie, that's fantastic!! Really pleased for you :hugs:

My scan went well - I've got 3 between 22-28mm plus another 8 smaller ones - so a whopping 11 in total:happydance:
I'm not expecting eggs from all of them, but it feels much more positive than last time, I can tell you. Just waiting for the call now, but the nurse said that it will prob be Monday because of those "juicy big ones" :haha:

Will keep you posted :hugs:

Sophie that's EXCELLENT news! :wohoo: I had 16 follies and got 16 eggs so I think you might be surprised on Monday :happydance:
So pleased that it's working so well for you this time xx
Lots of eggy :dust: xx

:happydance: great news from you both Hippie and Sophie. Wallie, I hope it went well for you as well today?

Hippie, fx for fertilisation, I hope you get lots of embies. Not long until you'll have them on board :dust:

Sophie, that's really positive news - not long before you can stop jabbing now! Monday is so close - how exciting!! :dust:

AFM, good and bad news (isn't it always the way?!). I have 9 follies on one side and 6 on the other of varying sizes, think the largest is 14mm, so I'm on track for EC next Wed/ Fri depending on how they grow over the weekend (that's the good news). The bad news is that the dreaded fluid has reared its ugly head again, this time in my right tube :growlmad: (I thought it was always there, but maybe I missed something). So we'll do EC but no idea if we'll get to do ET, they may freeze any embryos and do an FT. I think they'll just monitor and make a decision on EC day. I kind of expected that to happen and will be happy just to have some snowbabies to be honest. I get some hope from one of the posters on the IVF successes board who was in a similar situation to me and got her :bfp: after her first frozen transfer (after 6 fresh cycles). So I'll maybe just have to be patient and hope that it all works out in the end.

Hi Ladies

So LOVELY news in here today!!! :wohoo: :wohoo:

Hippie - You are exactly a week behind me!!! CONGRATS on 16!!! Thats a FANTASTIC number.... sending LOADS of fertilisation :dust: :dust: Are you getting a fertilisation report tomorrow???

Sophie - FANTASTIC news for you too!!! :yipee: So trigger on Monday collection Weds??? Fingers crossed for lots of EGGIES!!! :dust:

PG - Great news on the follie count!!! :yipee: :yipee: As for the fluid I really hope and pray that this does not have a negative impact on your cycle... Sending you loads of fat follie growing :dust: ready for monday's scan xxxx

Trask - Hope youre feeling more positive today xxx Its a right old game isnt it xxx

Wallie - Hope youre all well xxx

Great news on 16 follies. I hope the fertilization is very good for you as frosties would be a bonus, you wouldn't have to go through it again for next baby!

I had baseline scan and all is well but I am having to wait a week before I start stimming, so that's poop but a week will go by before we know it. I've got a busy weekend so that'll drop off three nights just like that!

Great news fronm everyone. Best of luck!

I forgot to add.... ZILCH symptoms for me.... nipples are hardly sore anymore, the bloating is starting to go down. I did have a tiny bit of brown blood when I wiped this morning.... not sure if its a positive or negative thing :shrug: I felt very negatively about it this morning though :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->