Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

Hi all - I'm on for Monday collection! :happydance:

Got the call this afternoon, so I trigger tomorrow night and go in at 11:15am on Monday - will be starving and very thirsty, but at least it's happening! The thing I am most excited about though is not having to set my alarm on Sunday for the first time in AGES! I'm gonna do my best to sleep in - luxury! The only slight worry I have is the snow forecast over the weekend - London is quite frankly a bit of an embarrassing wimp when it comes to snow, so I'm a bit worried that trains and stuff won't work on Monday morning. I'd be alright getting to the clinic I think, but a bit worried about clinic staff making it in. Hopefully it won't be too much of a problem - or I'll just have to go and punch Boris on the nose!

Wallie - sorry to hear you've got another week of DR-ing, but as you say it will be hear before you know it :hugs: Have a fab weekend!

PG - good news on the follies, but sorry to hear about the fluid. Hope it all works out for you and that it doesn't screw around with the cycle - just focus on getting those follies nice and fat for now, if you can :hugs:

Samba - I had forgotten the joys of the TWW and manic symptom spotting. Hope you're doing OK and watching lots of funny stuff - and hope the time goes quickly for you :hugs:

Hi to everyone else - hope you're all OK! :dust:

Hello my dears,
update from me, just come out of surgery and we now have 16 eggies!!! :happydance::wohoo::yipee:
I don't expect to get more than 4 embryos tbh as we're using frozen :spermy: so they say only about one third usually fertilise with that and obviously not all eggs will be good enough to use. If they only manage to get 2 to fertilise I will go for ET on Sunday, any more than 2 it will be a Monday or Wednesday transfer (if v. good quality).
I'm really pleased with 16 though, FX we get at least 4 embies! [-o<

Yay, Hippie, that's great news :) So pleased for 16 embryos and lots of eggies :wohoo:

My scan went well - I've got 3 between 22-28mm plus another 8 smaller ones - so a whopping 11 in total:happydance:
I'm not expecting eggs from all of them, but it feels much more positive than last time, I can tell you. Just waiting for the call now, but the nurse said that it will prob be Monday because of those "juicy big ones" :haha:

Will keep you posted :hugs:

Oh, that's great news too Sophie! :wohoo: Much better this time.

AFM, good and bad news (isn't it always the way?!). I have 9 follies on one side and 6 on the other of varying sizes, think the largest is 14mm, so I'm on track for EC next Wed/ Fri depending on how they grow over the weekend (that's the good news). The bad news is that the dreaded fluid has reared its ugly head again, this time in my right tube :growlmad: (I thought it was always there, but maybe I missed something). So we'll do EC but no idea if we'll get to do ET, they may freeze any embryos and do an FT. I think they'll just monitor and make a decision on EC day. I kind of expected that to happen and will be happy just to have some snowbabies to be honest. I get some hope from one of the posters on the IVF successes board who was in a similar situation to me and got her :bfp: after her first frozen transfer (after 6 fresh cycles). So I'll maybe just have to be patient and hope that it all works out in the end.

15 is fab PG, but so sorry about the fluid being back. I am sending you loads of :dust: that you can egg collect next week.

I had baseline scan and all is well but I am having to wait a week before I start stimming, so that's poop but a week will go by before we know it. I've got a busy weekend so that'll drop off three nights just like that!

Great news fronm everyone. Best of luck!

Yay for starting stimming in a week, that's fab news too!

I forgot to add.... ZILCH symptoms for me.... nipples are hardly sore anymore, the bloating is starting to go down. I did have a tiny bit of brown blood when I wiped this morning.... not sure if its a positive or negative thing :shrug: I felt very negatively about it this morning though :haha:

I wouldn't worry about the lack of symptoms, some do and some don't. Wishing you all the best for your poas action :dust: :hugs:

Woohoo Sophie, that's fantastic news :happydance: :happydance: :dust:

Wallie, another week of DR sucks, but you're right, if you fill up the time it'll fly by and you'll be on stims before you know it. My Dr says it doesn't have any effect on outcome, so that's good. Got everything crossed for you hon :dust:

Oh lordy, I forgot to wish you luck tomorrow Samba with the ol' POAS action, how exciting! Hope you have a super-sensitive test :dust:

Mazak too, hope the scan goes well tomorrow and it's good news :thumbup:

Sophie, you're not the only one worried about snow - I've been coming up with all kinds of ways to get to the ACU if I have to. Won't take long for DH to drag me there on the toboggan - it's only 4 miles!!! :haha:

Traskey -I hope you have some nice distractions for your 2ww. It must be a difficult time :hugs:

Sophie - :yipee: :yipee: Great news for Monday!!! I'll keeping my fingers crossed for a snow free monday xxxx

PG - :yipee: Yes Ive some 10miu ones :haha: TOTALLY not expecting bugger all xxx

Trask - Fingers crossed this next flies by xxx

Oh good luck ladies. With any luck it will all have melted by Monday so you can get to the clinics ok :hugs:

Morning Ladies!!

I POAS'd..... strangely a :bfn: :haha: :haha: Atleast I know the trigger had gone xxx

Hope everyone is well and staying sane xxx

Boooooo to the bfn Samba, let's hope it changes to bfp really soon. The trigger is out though so it's all real lines from now on :wohoo:

Hello, just heard back from the enbryologist and I hit the nail on the head with my prediction as we have 4 embryos. She said the eggs were 17 not 16 as I was previously told and 15 were mature enough to be injected. The fert report is so low because of the frozen :spermy: but she said that now that we have those 4, they have as good a chance as any other embies. It's a shame that our fertilisation rate is so low and it really brought home how bad our problem is. The woman in the bed next to mine yesterday had 8 eggs, if that had been me we might have 1 embryo or none! I guess I just have to feel very lucky. So now I just have to sit tight till Monday which will be agonising. I don't know how you ladies are managing the 2WW I'd go bonkers, you're my heroes! I will hear on Monday how it's looking and whether we'll have ET then or Wednesday, but it's looking likely for a Monday ET. It's also not looking good on the frostie :cold: front but I guess that's secondary, what's important now is getting one in. Funnily enough now that frosties are pretty much out of the picture I would LOVE to have twins! Ha! Never thought I'd say this, but I see twins everywhere now and I think I would much rather have twins than one baby and have to do this all over again for a possible second :baby:.

I'm so glad it's Saturday and that I didn't have to take that call in work. Also got some plans for the week-end, as it's a close friend's birthday tonight and the DH just suggested we do something nice together tomorrow, hopefully that will take my mind off those embies!

PG so glad to hear you have that many follies already well done you! Sorry about the fluid but I guess it's looking like you will end up with lots of eggies so even if you end up having a FET I'm sure there will still be plenty :hugs:

Samba, fx for your early test. Again, very brave of you to test early. I know I would probably not do that, I would rather be blussfully ignorant but then on the other hand, after being proactive with all those jabs for so many weeks, not doing anything for a full 2 weeks must be the hardest thing! Again, lots of :dust:

Wallie sorry about the extra week of DR jabs, you must be bummed but I've said it before and I'll say it again, it will go by quickly and if it gives you a better chance to grow lots of lovely eggies it will be worth it! :hugs:
I was upset when they made me DR for a few extra days but now I'm thinking maybe if I hadn't I wouldn't have gotten 15 mature eggs and maybe I wouldn't have 4 embryos but 1 or 2? So definitely worth it. :hugs:

Sophie :wohoo: for Monday EC! Fingers crossed and lots of eggy growing :dust:

Mazak good luck with your scan, FX!

Donna and Traskey hope you OTD comes round soon xx

Samba our posts must have crossed! Boo for the :bfn: but again like you said, you know that the trigger has now gone. Lots of sticky :dust: for your OTD x

Hippie - I had 4 fertilize too!!! :wohoo: Try not to focus on the ones that didnt make it... its not important :hugs: But I know I felt very similar, for me it was more about the lack of eggs. Sending you LOADS of lovely eggy growing :dust: :dust: I would suggest, as was suggested by me.... have a couple of drinks tonight... have fun!! It could VERY well be a long long time before you'll be able to got to a party and have a drink xxx There is plenty of time for cosy nights in when youre Duffers!!! Hope that the wait until Monday isnt too horrific... :hugs: Everything crossed xxxx

Will be testing again tomorrow :haha: :haha:

hey ladies just a quicky as got to head out soon busy day today hope u are all well and enjoying your weekend

samba hun u are still very early hun hope to see a bfp from u and traskey soon!!

afm
well ive gone thru 6 box,s of frer,s since yest and all negative plus a couple of blue dye tests i no i said i was goin to try and not but couldnt help myself !! anyway bfn,s wasnt expecting anything else to be honest have no symptoms at all nada !! im 6dp5dt 11dpo and nobody needs to sugar coat me i no by now i should be seeing something if it had worked which i really doubt !! i will test tomorrow and after that stop the meds dont see any point carrying on torturing myself till the 9th feb !! boobs stopped hurting completely now had some cramping pulling and achy pains 2 days ago but all has subsided im pissed off of course but what can i do it is what it is !! :growlmad:

was my last chance at it just have to accept it was never to be and thats that.

anyway i really hope u all get your :bfp:s i will be checking in on u all anyway gonna go lick my wounds and get over it !!

take care

Donna
xxx

Donna - PLEASE do not give up hope :hugs: :hugs: and DO NOT stop taking the meds. I wish I could come over and give you a RL :hugs: :hugs: Be kind to yourself today and get lots of lovely :hugs: from DH xxxx

Thanks Samba that is very reassuring! I was already doing what you suggested and focusing on the 4, I went a bit voodoo on my ass and looked up the meaning of the number 4. Many things, all good (stability etc) but the main thing I read it says it's the lucky number for Scorpios and Leo's. Well I'm a Scorpio and the DH is a Leo! :wohoo:
My friend has also cheered me up like crazy by sending me a link that made me laugh so much I had tears rolling down my face :rofl: I was laughing so hard the DH came running in all worried I was crying!
I just MUST share it with you all, so here it is!
Check out the 5th from top isn't it the most pathetic thing you have ever seen? And the one after, look at the face!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Having a good laugh really helps stay positive. :hugs: to all xx

Im also a Leo hun!! and so is DH he is 2 days older than me xxx

Off check out your funny.... ohhh we need to make sure we start to fill this place with funnies as more and more of us are getting PUPO!!! And for those a little behind its good to have something to laugh at xxxx

Donna, posts crossing again!
I agree with Samba, that attitude won't do mrs! It's not over till :af: says so! Lots of big :hugs::hugs::hugs: check out my funny link and keep taking them meds! Lots and lots of love x

Oh and Donna, if you look at other threads there are women on there who tested :bfn: and had a blood test and it was a :bfp: so again, chin up xx

Hippie, i'm so pleased that you have 4 embies :dance: You still have a fab chance with 4 and it has lots of significance for you and DH so go for it. Enjoy your weekend and imagine your embies all snuggled up warm in their petri dish :D

I loved the link to the cats. Poor things, they look so thoroughly pissed off!

Donna, so sorry about the bfn :hugs: I'd keep taking the progesterone for a little longer just in case. I tested at 11dpo last time so I know exactly how you feel. At least hang on until day 14 incase it was late implanting.

Thanks ladies lol i LOL at hippie,s post and then got welled up !! i wanted to ask u samba trask about the cyclgest thery dont seem to absorb well ?? a bit cums out n im all slimy yuck tmi i no down there so im wondering if this is why boobs stopped hurting lack of pro? cos usually on them boobs hurt till i stop thme im on 800 mg a day 1 in am n 1 pm i assume u r both the same ? ok i will give it a few more days but im not hopeful at all i feel no different at all now not peeing more no cramps no sore boobs tiredness a little bit but thats it just wish i wud get a hint of a line i hate frer,s as well !! i no if its bfn wth them then it really is a BFN !! :growlmad: db is useless were just rowing now he says ive spent loads on tests and its to early blah blah and he dosent no why i do it to myself i should no better etc with 2 failed cycles behind me easy for him to say !! i hate him right now !! he,s gone to gym thank *** !!
i feel like ignoring everyone today dont wnat to answer my phone etc :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->