Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

and hippie well done on 4 embies !! :happydance: i hope to see u all get a bfp and i really mean that makes me feel better even if this is the end for me

Donna - PLEASE do not give up hope :hugs: :hugs: and DO NOT stop taking the meds. I wish I could come over and give you a RL :hugs: :hugs: Be kind to yourself today and get lots of lovely :hugs: from DH xxxx

thanks samba i wish u cud as well sat here in tears i feel so useless db is not good with emotions and showing his feelings i find it hard to get upset in frront of him so glad hes gone out so i can cry !! :cry:

Donnas, I fell to pieces at my day 11 bfn last time. It's only natural too as you invest so much time, effort and emotion into a cycle, you hope that it will work with all your heart. I'm sorry that you and DH are arguing over testing too early though. I have exactly the same with the progesterone, I think or hope, that's normal. I'd be the same about shutting the world off if I thought it hadn't worked this time.

:hug:

Yes I have ALOT of mess down there BUT its the waxy covering on the pessary. Everytime I wee there is like an oily film on the top.... sorry TMI :haha: I have also lost most of the 'symptoms' Nipples barely aching at all, bloating pretty much gone, no headaches.... but the HCG was bound to give us false preggers symptoms. Now the HCG has left our bodies its going to take a while to build up to something high enough again to kick start the symptoms off again iygwim at 11DPO HCG level will only be very low....

https://www.baby2see.com/preconception/hcg.html

Please also remind me of this convo when I am not taking my own advice in a few days xxx

Oh my, I have that too! Looks like an oil slick :rofl:

Thanks for the link Samba :D

I'm starting on Cyclogest tomorrow morning, sounds like fun *bleurgh* :haha:
X

hy all hope every one is well had my scan today got three at size 18 and a lot of smaller ones they booked another scan for tues and say my ec will be thursday, they have changed my stims to the gonal pen 225 till tuesday, does anyone no why they say everything is good

Mazak - YAYYY all sounding good for you hun, its not unusual for them to tweak stims I dont think its totally uncommon for them to up the dose to give them a helping hand xxx

Mazak :wohoo: that's excellent good luck for Thursday! FX and lots of eggy :dust:

Ladies I need a little bit of advice, looks like OHSS has shown her face here. I guess that's the price I have to pay for my 17 eggs!
I'm in agony my left ovary is squashing my kidney, I'm quite out of breath and feel really sick. I'm terrified about calling the clinic in case they cancel the cycle and when I mentioned some of the symptoms before EC they said only to worry if I'm not weeing and being sick, neither of which apply.

What to do? To call the clinic or not? Advice is much appreciated x

Yes call the clinic. OHSS is very serious.

^^ Yes call the clinic xxxx

What should I do if I have mild OHSS?
•Make sure you drink clear fluids at regular intervals. Make sure you do not drink in excess. If you have pain, take ordinary paracetamol or codeine (no more than the maximum dose). You should avoid anti-inflammatory drugs (aspirin or aspirin-like drugs such as ibuprofen), which can affect how the kidneys are working.
•Even if you feel tired, make sure you continue to move your legs.
When should I call for medical help?
Call for medical help if you develop any of the symptoms of severe OHSS, particularly if you are not getting any pain relief.

•If you start to vomit, have urinary problems, chest pain or any difficulty breathing contact your fertility clinic immediately.
•If you are unable to contact your fertility clinic, contact:
•your general practice
•the A&E department at your local hospital
•NHS Direct on 0845 4647 (if you are in England or Wales)
•NHS 24 on 0845 24 24 24 (if you are in Scotland).

Hippie, just wanted to say, please call the clinic. They won't cancel the cycle at this stage, just freeze your embies later on, and it's much more important that you're well enough to look after them. If that's next month not this, then so be it, you don't want to be ill when they're on board. Thinking of you, let us know how you are :hugs: xx

Mazak, that's all completely normal. Fx for Thursday :dust:

Donna :hugs: please keep going for now. It's not over yet, and you want to be really sure (like blood test sure) before you stop the meds. Must be really hard for you xx

Hippe, I had OHSS last cycle. Did you call the clinic? They told me to rest, drink loads of water ( but not loads in one hit). Take pain killers if needed. They also called me the next day to see how I was. I struggled to pee but if it stops altogether you need to call your doc or go down to the hospital. I had the breathlessness too and couldn't get out of bed. They did still do my transfer on day 5, if that reassures you at all. Please do tell them though!!!!!!!!!!

Keep an eye on your weight. If you gain more than 2lbs overnight go to the hospital. Also go if the breathlessness gets too bad.

I was in bed for 4 days and it was agony :(

Oh Hippie - I hope everything's OK and that you've managed to get through to someone at the clinic. So sorry to hear you're in pain :hugs:
There is a woman on another thread who developed OHSS and had her cycle postponed while they sorted that out - her embies were frozen and she was successful at her first FET, so don't get too upset if they take that decision with you. As PG says, much more important for you to be well. Thinking of you hun :hugs:

Donna, stay strong - it really isn't over yet :hugs:

Hope everyone else is doing OK this weekend. Those cyclogest pessaries sound horrid - I've been dreading them more than the jabs to be honest (always been a bit squeamish about that sort of thing). Just have to get over myself and get on with it I suppose - nothing else for it!

Gearing myself up for the trigger and trying not to stress about it. I'm sure it will go fine, but will be odd doing it at 11:15pm tonight - normally tunked up in bed by that time :haha:
Also trying not to stress about the snow, but there's nothing I can do about it so I'll just try to enjoy the prettiness of it tomorrow :thumbup:

Take care everyone :hugs:

Good luck for your trigger Sophie!! Lots of luck, can't wait to read your good news on here soon :dust:

ooooh Sophie not long until TRIGGER!!! :wohoo:

Triggering made me feel VERY emotional :hugs:

Thanks everybody! My clinic closes at 3 pm so there really isn't much I can do till tomorrow. Thanks Trask drinking & resting is what I thought too. I don't have scales in the house but I don't think I'm putting on weight, also I'm peeing ok, just in pain and a bit short on breath. If I have to be completely honest I've been a little bit like this for about a week, I mentioned it every time I went for my scan and they were taking notes but said as long as I wee ok and don't feel like my lungs are getting squashed it's not too much of a problem. I think EC has made it worse but that was bound to happen. I'll take it easy for the rest of the week-end and see how I feel tomorrow, if I'm still ropey I'll ring them.

Sophie good luck with the trigger! I didn't feel any different after it, just a bit freaked out by the size of the needle, nobody tells you that it's a bit of a mofo! :haha: Sore nipples from 24 hours after the trigger but that's the hormones so perfectly normal.
Night all and thanks for the advice x :hugs:

Trigger done! :thumbup:
No problemo at all - quite exciting really. Especially as THAT WAS MY LAST JAB! :happydance: Tomorrow I will be injection-free for the first time since 6th December :wohoo:

I was feeling very chirpy about that until my wonderful husband said "yeah, now all you have to do is stick stuff up yer bum" :wacko::dohh:

Hippie - glad to hear you're doing OK. Take it easy and let us know how you're doing tomorrow :hugs:

Right, I'm off to bed and to enjoy my first lie-in in nearly 2 months :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->