Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

And yay for brain damage :rofl:
I've also got the WORST acne outbreak ever, it seems like it's stopping now so I think it was the trigger that caused it.
At least I know that's how I react to HCG, it starts again it will be a sign of a bfp :thumbup: I have never ever said this but FX for a massive outbreak of spots next week :rofl:

Hippie - :haha: Im defo predicting a :bfp: for you..... thats a good preggers brain sign!! xxx 8dpo is when I started to get IB xxx

Thanks that's SO sweet! I HAVE TO hold out and not test before next week-end. No IB so far for me but I don't really expect any, I must have the toughest womb lining ever, hardly spotted at all for EC? Did't even need a panty liner! Amazing. Not to mention ET, again nothing.
FX :hugs:

I didn't get IB at all but I did get spots on my chest and one on my face!

Everyone is different of course.... I bleed like a bugger from EC. Tbh I never actually believed in IB. Still feeling VERY positive about you xxx

Yay for spots! :happydance:
I've been troubled by them all my life so I expect them to go crazy if I get a bfp but I SWEAR I won't complain![-o<[-o<[-o<

OR perhaps you'll be blessed with lovely glowing skin xxx

Hi everyone, hope you're all well :flower:

Fantastic news on your embies PG! So pleased for you :happydance:

I haven't quite had a chance to go through all the updates, so I'll just sprinkle a bit of :dust: for you all instead!

I'm having a low day. Feeling a lot of pressure from my dad and his wife for this to work, which is of course convincing me that it isn't going to work. I know it's just because they are desperate for some good news, but they don't seem to understand how difficult it is. I got a text message from my step mum today saying how she hopes it's a girl so we can go shopping for pretty things. Unbelievable. This is the bad side of people knowing I suppose, although most have a bit more tact about it. As I say though, I know it's because dad's in his final months and they want some good news before he dies, but that makes it worse not easier. What could I do though? I couldn't not tell him what was happening - we don't have enough time left with him to be keeping things secret. Ugh.

Anyway, so the weight of expectation is heavy today and I need to ban myself from google searching 2 day single embryo transfer success as it's not delivering scores of comforting stories.

Sorry, I honestly didn't come on here to poop the party. Hope you're all having a much better day :hugs:

Oh Sophie :hugs: what a sad situation. Everyone needs some hope in the hard times, but it's not fair to put the pressure on you. It's not up to you to manage others' expectations (my MIL sounds like your stepmum) but you may need to explain that it's one step at a time for you, and it's too painful to talk about babies just yet. I did that with MIL and I think she understood. You're right, though, now's not the time for secrets :hugs: I hope your Dad's comfortable and you get to see him often.

As for the 2 day transfer, the day of transfer has bugger all to do with embryo quality and more to do with number - yours would have made it to 5 days, but the embryologist didn't want to take the risk of losing it in culture as it was better off in you. Get DH to give you a hug and look after each other xx

Great news PG Lady on 7 fertilised! Brilliant!

Sophie, that's really not appropriate for your step mum saying things like that. I would do as PG said.

HH, good luck on testing, you've not long now. Hope you get your :bfp: too!

Cake is made, I made vanilla instead. It's a huge cupcake looking cake. I've had the tin for ages and once made a chocolate one but the mixture was not enough for the tin, so today I made two lots of victoria sponge cake, one in each side of the cupcake tin. Seems to be okay. So I'll cover it with coffee icing somehow. I'll do it later tonight.

Yes the cakes on my avatar I made :happydance: Going to make some like that for valentines day but red (obviously)!

Oh, got my hair cut. It's a bob and she cut it a little shorter and did my usual "red" colour all over to cover my grey! :-(

Mmm Wallie, you are the queen of cakes! Your hair sounds cool, I like redheads (married one!).

Wallie, yay for cakes and new haircuts!

Sophie, that is tough pressure to put on. I mean it's bad enough when we do it to ourselves but at least that's us and not external. IVF is hard as it is. If it's going to get you too upset then I would mention to her that this is not a guarantee of working :hugs:

Thought you might like to see the cake I made. I thought it was actually going to be crap but it's turned out alright, so I'm quite pleased! :happydance:

Attachments

• IMAG0514.jpg
    IMAG0514.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 5
Wowsers Wallie, that looks so scrumptious! Your Granny's a lucky lady

Sophie - That sounds like an awful lot of pressure on you :hugs: Im so sorry about you dad :hugs: Could you tell your step mum to stop it??

Wallie - That cake looks GORGE!!! Well done you xxxx

Hope everyone is all OK xxx :dust:

AFM... official test date today :bfp: I called the clinic and just waiting for them to get back to me xxx

OMG Wallie, that cake looks amazing :D

Samba, congratulations on your official :bfp: :cake: :wohoo: :dance: :happydance: :headspin: :thumbup: and calling the clinic :D

Sophie so sorry to hear about your family troubles, last thing you need at such a hard time. It's hard to say what the best way to tackle the situation is, as both yourself, your dad and step mum are clearly going through the most stressful situations possible. Do you think your step mum is saying things like going shopping for baby as a way of trying to keep close to you as a bond to your dad? Or maybe it's just her way of trying to show you that she's being confident that it will work? Either way, I know it's hard so hear stuff like that but I really do think that she's trying to help.
My mum used to be like that, when we were TTC and failing she kept telling me stuff like a cousin (who is 36 and suffers from MS) being pregnant, such and such a body who had azoospermia and had an operation, well his girlfriend is now pregnant, her mate's son had a baby with IVF.... In the end I went mental and told her to stop it as hearing how everyone who was in a worse situation than mine is having a baby was NOT helping :growlmad: in fact, it was just making me feel more shitty and unlucky and sorry for myself!
I spoke to my counsellor about it and she reckons that often it's a way for the person (in this case my mum) to make themselves feel better about the situation, because they feel like they are trying to help. The sad truth is of course no one can help much, but if it's upsetting to you, you're right to tell them.
Sorry that's me trying to get deep, I hope it makes sense? :wacko::hugs:

Wallie that cake looks INCREDIBLE well done you clever :bunny:! Not huge on coffee cake myself, but what you ended up making sounds lovely and it looks even better, I'm well jealous of your granny :winkwink:

Samba happy OTD!!! :happydance: and most important, happy :bfp: on OTD!!!

Traskey, PG, Mazak and Kitty how are you feeling? :hugs:

AFM, getting quite paranoid as it's symptom central here! :wacko:
I woke up in the early hours of the morning with quite strong AF like pain, it only lasted for about 20-30 seconds but it was bad enough to wake me up.
I thought it's officially over so went to the loo, but no bleeding, no spotting, nothing! :thumbup: Got another bad AF like cramp later in the morning after getting up properly and since then I've had an ache around my left ovary, which then turned into a dull ache for a few minutes, also a dull ache in my pelvis that lasted for about 20 minutes or so and a 10-20 second stabbing pain (sharp) in my left side. My lower back also feels a little achey too. Of course I am driving myself crazy wondering but not much to do other than that I guess? The next week will tell. Of course the first thing I did this morning was to Google '6dp3dt period like pain' and it looked good rather than bad, but I will try not to Google stuff like that again as I only drive myself crazy with it. Of course I am now REALLY preparing for the worse... Thank goodness for this forum and B&J's ice cream :haha:.
Another dilemma I'm having is following a bit of a row with the DH yesterday about testing. He is DEAD against me testing next Sunday, he got really angry saying it's stupid of me going against the advice of medical professionals and if I do it he doesn't want to know! :shrug: I was thinking that a possible solution could be to ring the clinic tomorrow morning and pester them to know why they've given me a test date at 20DPO and ask them if I can do it sooner than that, but if they say no, I think I'm gonna have to stick with the original plan and POAS on Sunday 19th but I will be on my own :cry:. Of course if it's good news easy peasy, I can hold a secret for 4 days but if it's bad and I go into meltdown then we might have a problem.... What to do? :help::help::help::help::help:
Hope all is well with everyone xx
:hug:

Hmmm its a toughie.... Does DH realise that 20dpo is nearly a week late if you had TTC naturally.... ask him perhaps... that if you had been trying naturally would he make you wait a whole week to test? I think the clinics like to make sure that it isnt a chemical pregnancy and thats why they dont like you to test early.... that and the stress of possible false negatives causing you stress :hugs: I hope you come to an agreement... perhaps 14dpo??

Honestly I dont know how you cope!!! Can you imagine me being in the same postion with me POAS addiction..... I would be clawing up the walls!! xxx :hugs:

Besides its not against medical advice.... that date is just THEIR date they want to know!! NOT yours!! :winkwink: You'll sort it hun :hugs:

Thanks ladies and congrats on the bfp's. Wallie that cake looks amazing!! Do you do it professionally? I have my first scan in morning but Af still here. It has showed up earlier than last time but still bleeding quite heavily do think I'll prob be down regging for another week (groan) super tired and had head ache for 4 days now! Grrr x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->