Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

Hi Kazza, and welcome!

9 eggs sounds brilliant to me, but then I'm a poor responder and only managed 4 eggs from 9 follicles in the end. And of those, only one fertilised - currently half way through my 2ww. 9 eggs should give you a good chance of high quality embies to transfer, so best of luck for your report tomorrow!!

Samba - I got into the habit ages ago of drinking lots of water throughout the day, so I find my afternoon wee is a little bit too diluted to be certain I'm getting a true response. If I test on Friday it will be in the afternoon/evening though, as I prob won't want to go into work after a BFN :nope:

Sophie - I stopped drinking anything for 2 hours beforehand.... and obviously held in my wee! Good luck! :hugs: We want you over in our little IVF thread xxx

Yay PG congratulations on being PUPO :dance:

Welcome Kazza, 9 is a good number so I wouldn't worry :hugs: I poas on day 11 6dp5dt and it was there. Was much clearer days 12, 13, 14.

Wallie, how is stimming?

Hippie, not too much longer to wait now. You too Sophie.

Samba, i'm with you, fast forward to the scan please :dance:

Hiya thanks for the welcome! And many congratulations!

Nice to see someone with similar numbers to me with a bfp! I hope hey fertilise!! It's all such a worry and a lot to think about

I'm good, starting to feel my ovaries now especially on the left side. First scan on Friday to see how it's going!

Hi Kazza, and welcome :hugs: 9 is a great number!
I had 10 follies on my first scan, 11 on my second and 17 on my third. Ended up with 17 eggs only 15 were mature and only 4 fertilised but that's only because our main issue is a male factor. My DH had to have TESE which meant that they had to use his frozen :spermy: hence the poor fertilisation rate. Remember that you only really need one, though 9 is an excellent starting point!
The OTD I was given is day 20 after EC, which is just insane so although I am a POAS phobic I will test on Sunday which is 16dpo. It really depends on your clinic and your own cycle too. Mine is usually about 31 days so 16dpo should hopefully give me a fairly accurate result.

Samba NO it's not Sunday, I might actually wait till a week on Thursday to POAS just to torment you :haha:.
The knicker watch is still clear, but like Sophie I don't want to have to go to work the day after testing so it's not going to happen till the week-end.

Saying that Sophie, on Monday night I dreamt of you getting a BFP! And last night it was me who got a BFP! I've never wished more for dreams to come true :blush:.
Still not holding my breath. I'm now entering knicker watch amber zone, if no sign of spotting by Saturday/ Sunday (red zone) I will be VERY happy!

Wallie yay for stimming symptoms! Hope they don't get too bad. Funny you say about feeling one side more, it was the same for me but on the right side and when I had my 1st scan I had more follies on that side so you can definitely get a good idea just by the way you're feeling!

PG, sending you lots of sticky :dust: and :hugs: to all, hope you're well xx

Hippie - DONT YOU DARE!!! :haha: I can wait until the weekend its fine! :winkwink: But if you tested on Friday evening then you'd have 2 days to celebrate your :bfp: :muaha: Sorry... you know that Im behind you 100% which ever day.... as long as its not bloody 20DPO!!!

Hi hippiehappy I'm worried because lots of them don't fertilise, my oh has le count morph and motility, we are doing icsi and worried they won't fertilse! Gosh there is always something to worry about!!

Hello everyone. My Internet has died so using rubbish 3G on my iPhone.

Hi Kazza, hope you get a good fert report today. As everyone said, it's quality not quantity that matters, and 9 is a great place to start. I was like you, had 14 follies, but only 8 eggs. But 7 fertilised, and we ended up transferring one blasto yesterday and freezing at least one other ( culturing some for an extra day to seeif they make it). So try not to worry too much. Although we don't have MF, the probs start now for us, as I have 1/2 chance of a bfp due to my tubes. Try to worry about the things you can change and distract yourself from the things you can't.

Good luck at your scan Wallie

Sophie and Hippie, can't wait for some good news from you

Hugs everyone else xx

Hi Kazza, they should be able to check out the best quality :spermy: before fertilisation so I'm sure you'll be fine! Have you heard anything yet by the way?
Keeping everything crossed for you xx

Hiya I've just heard 5 put of the nine have fertilised! I can relax now!!

Woohoo! That's excellent news kazza :happydance: Do you have a plan for ET yet? Good luck!

It will be Saturday atbth moment but they might move it to Monday!!

Hi ladies, can I join your thread? :winkwink: I'm completely new to this site and this is the first post for me too.
6 days on menopur - going for first scan tomorrow - sorry I don't know all your abbreviations either!!!
What does PUPO stand for?
Just want to chat to people experiencing this rollercoaster :headspin:

Welcome Boffle :hi:

PUPO means pregnant until proven otherwise. It's a term we use when your precious embie or embies are back on board.

Kazza, congratulations that 5 fertilised :dance:

Hippie, that poas is winking at you this weekend ;)

Samba, how are you feeling today.

Wallie, yay that you can feel one ovary, it must be doing it's thing :D

Sophie, the 2WW is hard, hang in there.

PG, how are you doing today?

Fx and :dust: kazza! saturday will be here before you know it, and you never know, could be mon ET for you.

Hello boofle, welcome! I didn't know much about all this discussion board malarkey when I first started treatment, but I'm glad I joined as these girls have helped me loads. No question is too stupid, I had to google frer yesterday to work out what everyone was on about! Good luck for your journey :hugs:

All fine here. Going back to work tomorrow, but get much more done at home with much less stress! I think I've decided to poas on the Fri morning just before the blood test. Sounds pointless, but I don't want to hear it first from a stranger over the phone :wacko: otd is quite early (9dp5dt), so I figure it's pointless testing earlier and would have to go into work after, which is a bad idea. Still have a couple of 10mIU tests left over from normal ttc.. Can anyone tell me if they have been told to restrict their diet for 2ww? We're at a b&b this weekend, and I love a fried egg!!

How is everyone else?

PG, you are supposed to eat like a pregnant lady in the 2WW just incase so that's no runny egg (only hard boiled or scrambled) no cured meats, no pates, no blue cheese or brie etc, no bagged salad, no raw prawns/fish although I think smoked salmon is ok and no meat from the deli counter (but pre packaged is fine) Oh and no bloody meat, must be well cooked.

Thanks Traskey. That's what I thought but nobody said anything at the clinic. No fried eggs for me:cry:

Hi Ladies

PG - Youre testing tomorrow??? Yes youre PUPO so doing it all like a preggers lady :hugs:

Hippie - :hugs: Hope youre OK xxx :dust:

Trask - :hi: Hope youre OK preggers bud xxx

Kazza - CONGRATS!! same amount fertilized as me! :wohoo: Good Luck! :dust:

Boofle - Welcome and Good luck!! :dust:

Sophie - Hope you and Hans Solo are doing OK xxx :hugs:

Please - How are you getting on??

Thanks for the welcome :kiss:

Wallie - it sounds like you're having your first scan tomorrow too? Is this to check how your ovaries are responding. I've been having twinges for the last two days so I'm hopeful something is happening :happydance: good luck for tmrw :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->