Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

Samba, no, I'm testing next fri, my otd. Bugger all will have happened by tomorrow (I assume?!) 2dp5dt

Sorry I dont know why I thought this friday... wishful thinking! :haha: :dust:

Thanks for the welcome :kiss:

Wallie - it sounds like you're having your first scan tomorrow too? Is this to check how your ovaries are responding. I've been having twinges for the last two days so I'm hopeful something is happening :happydance: good luck for tmrw :hug:

Yes, first monitoring scan tomorrow. Been injecting stims since Friday 10th, so just a week by the time I have my scan. Last time they had me call in again three days later on the Monday and then I had EC on the Wednesday. I'm hoping for the same outcome.

I seem to feel my ovaries around this time of night, more on the left side. How about you?

Something for those of you close to EC and in the 2WW

Remember laughter is good :)

https://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb110/Traskey_photo/dictator.jpg

Trask - That is BRILLIANT!!! :haha:

Wallie and Boofs - Good luck!! :dust:

Wallie - I have been injecting stims since last Friday too. I have been getting twinges both sides all day today and yesterday. What does EC mean (I think I know what it stands for but what does it actually mean)?

Can anyone tell me what the sedation is like with they collect the eggs - this bit I'm dreading the most - not sure why :confused:

PGLady - thanks :hugs:

Kazza that's a fab report :happydance: and grow embies grow!

Boofle :hi: welcome! :hugs: don't worry, just like PG says no question is too daft, otherwise I would have been kicked out a looooong time ago :haha:

Trask and PG I don't think smoked salmon is allowed, technically it's not cooked. Also salmon is an oily fish so it's one of those you shouldn't be eating anyway. Tragic for me because I'm a pescetarian (veggie + fish) so that's about a third of my diet out of the window!

Wallie and Boofle fx for your scan, lots of follie growing :dust:

Trask LOL for the spud.

Knicker-watch is still clean :thumbup: and test getting close, eeek!!!

Everybody else: :hi: hope all is well xx

Boofle EC means egg collection. Sedation is alright, you will be asleep but not as far under as with general anaesthetic which means you come round as soon as they've finished and you'll be ready to go home as soon as you've had a cup of tea and some toast :winkwink: don't worry the main thing is you won't feel a thing :hugs:

Boofle, EC is egg collection.

Sedation is easy peasy...basically you get a thing put in your hand, wheeled into the room where they collect the eggs and honestly I don't know what happens after that. It's so quick at my clinic. I then wake up later, I think about 30 minutes or so and feel fine. Get a cup of tea and toast.

Haha, Hippie at least we both agreed.

Good luck btw with your scan too. Hope there are lots.

Traskey, that's hilarious, thank you!

Wallie and Hippie, I got choccy biccies after my EC, so nerny! I totally agree with what you said, I slept through most of mine and the worst bit was the needle in my hand. I still have a big bruise. Ridiculous that they stick needles in your tuppence ( that's for you Samba!) and the only bit that hurt was my hand :haha:

I'm well jealous of all your EC stories :haha:- I was told that they'd bring me some water after the collection and then promptly forgot about me for nearly an hour. No tea and no biscuits for me. :cry:

The sedation bit is fine though - I was aware of the process happening (and felt a bit of pain throughout), but it was more in an abstract way. As though I was dreaming it.

I'm on really late and now it's bedtime so no time for proper updates or hellos. Just to say that KnickerWatch is still all clear for me at 8dp2dt! Air con in the office is busted, so there is no way I can get through the afternoon without drinking. Saturday morning test it is!

Good luck to those scanning tomorrow :hugs:

Sounds promising Sophie. I wish you all the best!

Thanks ladies :hugs:
Ah egg collection (I didn't think that was what it was :blush:) - now I know :)

I think the nurse worried me about the sedation cos she said I would be awake and possibly having a conversation! But listening to you guys - it sounds like I'll be asleep :sleep: that makes me feel better
I'll look forward to the tea and toast or possibly choccie bics :coffee:
Night ladies, I'll let you know how I get on tmrw. Good luck Wallie

Hiya everyone thank you for your well wishes! Im feeling much better today knowing 5 fertilised!!

Boofle welcome! ec was great for me had a nice sleep didn't feel a thing and don't remember it either! I felt nerves tinged with excitement! Although I had to havea pain killer that wasa bum tablet! Not pleasant did anyone else?

Dreading my 2ww I no I'm gonna test early ! Been testing out my trigger shot still showing as positive!

Trask the pic was funny!!

Sophie good luck for Saturday testing!

I must admit, I was in quite a bit of pain after EC, probably as much as when I woke up from my laparoscopy and the next 2 days were pretty bad. I could definitely tell I'd been repeatedly stabbed through my 'tuppence' :rofl:
The only good thing was that throughout sedation I was out cold, but then I'm very sensitive to any kind of downer like that. When I had GA for my lap it took me 5 hours before I could open both my eyes at the same time, it affected me very badly and even with sedation I was in bed for a good 2 hours after. But hey that's just me! X

Morning ladies, just wanted to say good luck and :dust: for the tests and scans coming up in the next few days. We're going away for the weekend in an attempt to stay sane, and I'm looking forward to lots of good news when I get back. Xx

Morning Ladies!

Boofle - My EC experience was same as everyone elses! :thumbup: Only difference was that Im scared of needles :haha: Yup can you believe it.... so got some magic numbing cream from the doc for the canula! :dust: For your embies!

PG - Have a fab weekend away xxx

Sorry I cant remember whos having scans today... but VERY best of luck xxx

Hi ladies and hi Boofle-different clinics give sedation differently. At my last clinic I had mild sedation-it basically felt like I'd had couple of glasses of wine on empty stomach. I didn't feel much abs was just very groggy but definately wasn't out cold and was talking to the nurses/dr as I had some complications. The clinic I'm at now puts you under general so totally out which I think I prefer! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->