Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

Thanks Samba. I think I will be ok. I was thinking that just because it looks like this time it's not gone my way, doesn't mean that it's all over. We get another NHS cycle and even if that doesn't work, I'm sure we can sort something out privately.
I just need to keep telling myself that when the clarity I have now goes out of the window!
Like I said, off to do my best to enjoy the week-end, after all life is also all those bits in-between.
Have a good night all xx
:hug:

Hippie - Its good you get another NHS go... so you have a plan b. I always liked to know I had got a back up plan and that put me at ease... I still rely on my back up plan. But I hope you dont need that 2nd NHS go xxxx

I hope you're wrong hippie-I have seen so many people on here think they're out who then get bfp's x x x

Yeah hippie you can't say your out until you get AF! I'm still hoping you get yours as honestly I've seen so many people on BnB say that's it, I'm out and they're not, they go on and get their :bfp:. So many ladies say they feel AF is on it's way and it's certainly not when they POAS and two lines appear.

:hugs:

AFM - EC is scheduled for Wednesday 22nd February!

Just posted on your journal Wallie-wednesday will be here in no time! x

:hugs: Oh Hippie :hugs: I really, really, really hope you're wrong :hugs:

It sounds like you have a similar weekend to me planned, so I hope the films work as a distraction for you (and for me actually). I'm seeing a friend tomorrow for lunch and a films (prob Woman in Black) and then I'm crying off a birthday meal tomorrow night - hubby is going on is own instead (it's his friend anyway) and I'm going to stay at home with my sis and watch films.

By the way, I'm on the same progesterone bullets as Hippie and Samba, but my doc told me to use the back door :blush: - not sure why, but that's what he told me after ET and there is certainly MUCH less mess. In fact none. Can't say I'm going to miss them much though - even if they have fixed my crazy pre-AF spotting.

Hippie, be very kind to yourself this weekend and indulge! And get Mr Hippie to indulge you too. I'm still holding out hope that you're wrong though. :hugs:

Hope everyone else is good.

Sophie - I did back bottom until ET and front bottom after xx

Weird, what different clinics advise isn't it? Mine told me front after EC and then back after ET. Oh well, I just do what I'm told! :winkwink:

yes it is strange.... but as long as it works its all that matters! :hugs:

My clinic has always told me to use the front passage. I must say I don't find it normally that messy but I do use a thin liner.

I've got some progesterone left over from last cycle so I'm going to use two a day until I run out.

Hippie - there is still hope early pregnancy symptoms can feel like af is on its way:hugs:I'm still hopeful for you - sending lots of wishes

Wallie - EC Wednesday that's great don't u have to have any more scans?

I got a call from the hosp to say I need to have another blood test on Sunday before my scan - fingers crossed

Have a good night ladies and enjoy the films ;)

Boofle, this is my third go and everything is just going like last cycle. So no, no more scans just EC on Wednesday. I'm not worried at all about this, saves a 40 mile round trip for me anyway but I'm happy.

My last clinic had me do one front and one back a day-double the fun ha ha! Not sure what this one will say :/ x

Hippie and Sophie, I'm so sorry to read that you think you are out this cycle. I really hope that isn't the case but I'm glad you both have plans to get you through the next few days. Wish I could spare you the heartache :hugs:

Wallie, less than a week to ec.
Samba, happy 5 weeks :dance:

Kazza, Kitty, Please :hugs: sorry on phone and can't read back all the pages!

Hi Girls! So sorry i have been MIA. Been thinking of you all, sorry i havnt caught up yet. i had a massive meltdown on weds, it seemed like my body was failing me again...although the scan was great 9 follies above 10 my estrogen was already 2700 it was like my first disaster cycle over again...i fell to bits and was adamant i wouldn't get a fresh transfer. they lowered my dose weds and Thursday and today its all turned around i have 19 between 10-17. And my estrogen is 4300 only went up by 40% in two days on my first cycle it trippled and was 12000 at this point. so scan and bloods Monday, should trigger that night for collection weds. i am beyond happy right not after 3 cycle things may finally be going our way. lots of love Abby x

Oh that's good news Abby. This whole IVF thing is extremely emotional and a total rollercoaster. Glad things have gone better this cycle. Loads of :dust:

Oh I'm so pleased to hear it's all working out for you. I can understand you're meltdown though :hugs:

So we'll have EC on the same day! :yipee:

Abby - OMG.... what a complete and utter rollercoaster youve been on.... Im sure the end result is going to be worth it :hugs: :dust:

Well, I've started spotting and still testing negative - I'm pretty sure that it's the end of the road for us. I know it's not over until AF arrives, but I know that will just be a matter of time - like Hippie, I know what it feels like, and it feels like this.

I'm devastated. It really is the end of the road I think. We only had the one NHS shot and I don't think we can afford private costs. Obviously we'll talk to the consultant about our options (I'd be interested to see if they think there'd be any chance with natural IVF for example), but I'm not going to put myself through more of this if the chances of me responding are going to be so low. You have to know when to leave the party, so to speak, and I think we have to prepare ourselves for a life without children.

Ladies, I wish you all the very best. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I don't think I can stay on here and follow you all through your journeys - it's just too hard at the moment. I've really valued all your support and wisdom over the past few months and hope that you all get your BFPs soon. PM me if you want to keep in touch, otherwise take lots and lots of care of yourselves :hugs:

Bye bye, Sophie xx

Sophie - :hugs: :cry: Im so sorry hun. I really dont know what to say :hugs: You know that you have my FULL support whatever your decision is. If you need to talk... you know we are all here.... even if its to do a WHOLE lot of swearing. This is all so unfair! Thinking of you lots and praying SO hard that you are wrong xxxx :hugs: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->