Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

Kazza - I had 2, 3 day transferred and got my :bfp: on a FRER at 11dpc. I tested at 10dpc on a cheapie and got a faint faint line, so I think if I had used a FRER I would have got my :bfp: at 10 dpc. GOOD LUCK!!!

Wallie - Good Luck with your Hans Solo!!!! :dust: :dust:

Wallie, fx this will be your lucky bean, how many cells? You only need one xx

Sam, How many cells do you remember? Im obsessed by cells at the moment!! lol

Boofle congrats on ur 9 embryos, have you had anymore updates? When is your transfer? Fx'd

Oh Wallie I hope ur little embabie is going to become your sweet little baby. Thinking of you.

EOE help your all well.

AFM Out of the 11 eggs collected, 10 were suitable for ICSI and 8 fertilised. We are looking at a 5dt on Monday (praying they keep growing) of 1 or 2embryos dependant on grading but will discuss this with embryoligist on the morning. I am allowed to call each afternoon for an update.

Much love Abby x

Excellent news, abby!!!

Good luck!!

I caved and stupidly tested 5dp3dt and guess what NEGATIVE surprise surprise! I dont no why i did it! Well i do!! ive got it in my head its not worked!! :(

Kazza, that's too early. I got a bfp on 6dp5dt so day 11 but on a FRER. You could see it but it got much darker on days 12 and 13.

Wallie, good luck on your single transfer. All the :dust: in the world.

Abby, yay looks like things are going well so far!

Wallie, good luck with your transfer tomorrow - I really hope it's the one :dust:

Boofle, congrats on your embies, with that number you should have some nice blastos on day 5 fx :dust:

Kazza, that is waay to early. Take it from me, the closer to 11dpc you test, the worse it feels when you get a :bfn: and the more confused you get because you just might have a late/ single implanter that shows up on the beta but not on hpt for a while :wacko: If I were you I'd hold off until around 14dpc and use a sensitive test like an FRER (wish I had done that instead of getting a bfn on 7dp5dt with FRER :cry:). It KILLS not knowing, but you really aren't any better off testing early as you never know if a negative is real. And that will do your head in. Of course, you will get a :bfp: so it won't matter! :dust:

Hello everyone else!

As you can probably tell, I'm not exactly excited about my beta tomorrow. Didn't test today, but will do tomorrow, and if it's a :bfn: on FRER at 9dp5dt, well then I know I'm really out. I'm working at home tomorrow so I can cry at will and crack open the red wine as early as I dare! :witch: usually turns up around now, and I've been getting night sweats for a couple of nights like she's on her way (that's what usually tells me to expect her). I think the evil crinone is holding her at bay. Ho hum, I always knew this was a game, I just don't like losing!

PLease - forgot to say congrats on your embies too - I have a good feeling about all of you in 2WW/ waiting for transfer! :dust:

Pg lady good luck Hun, I have everything crossed for you!

And thank you for your wise words xx

PG - today is your OTD - good luck and lots of :dust:
Wallie - transfer day yeah - remember you only need one :dust:
Abby - thats great, transfer day on Monday yeah :hugs: its good that you can phone to get updates, I have to wait for the embryologists to phone me and I'm impatient :juggle:

Well I got a call this morning from the embryologist - we have 6 8 cells and 3 5/6 cells :yipee: we had to make the decision whether to go today for a transfer or wait till Sunday. I'm so glad my OH was here cos I burst into tears - what a choice :headspin: and Sunday it is :happydance:

I can't believe how badly I am sleeping and so glad I'd booked these few days off work. For those ladies that have experienced the transfer what is it like? Do you really see it on the screen?

Hi Boofle,
That's fantastic news, well done! :dust: ET is fine, a bit uncomfortable, bit like a smear, but with your legs in stirrups and drapes over you. No dignity, but we left that behind ages ago! The embryologist will speak to you beforehand to explain how many embryos you have, what quality they are, what they are going to transfer and what they will freeze. You will have your bladder full which is quite uncomfortable and they might try out catheters to make sure they get the best one for you before they do the real thing. They will use an abdominal ultrasound, so jelly on your belly - they got it all over my pj top. Then they show you your embie (s) on a tv screen before loading it into the catheter and placing it inside. They will take the catheter out and check it's empty before you go. That's it, job done, off home for some comedy box sets and the longest wait of your life! Good luck and enjoy it, it's an exciting time :dust:

Boofle that's great news. Transfers okay, the full bladder bit is a nightmare but don't overdo it as you'll desperately need a wee! And yes you get to see it on a screen. Some ladies are lucky and they get a photo of their embies!

I had transfer of my Hans Solo embie this morning! It's a 2 day four cell embie and it looks good. Now the 2ww begins. I'm not testing early and they have given me OTD of 12th March.

PG - thanks for the info, have you done your test today?
Wallie - I'm excited for you, sending lots of :hugs:and:dust: we'll be doing the 2ww together hopefully :loopy: on the OTD do you have to do a test at home or go to the clinic?

Just a test at home Boofle, I'm not doing a 40 mile round trip to pee on a stick :haha:

Thanks for your dust!

Good luck for Sunday!

Wallie, good luck, sounds positive hun!

Boofle, 5 day transfer!! WICKED!!!!!!!!

PG - Any news?

I only got to see my embies once they put them in, it looks like a bright light on the monitor!!

But PG describes the process down to a tee!!

Hi Ladies,

PG - :hugs: I really hope youre wrong :hugs:

Wallie, Please, Kazza and Boofs - FANTASTIC news!!! :dust: :dust: Sending you all lots of luck!

Hello everyone, just got the call I was expecting from the clinic :cry: I'm out this time :bfn: Thanks for all your support and understanding, it really did help. Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, and need to take some time to heal, so I probably won't post on here again. No idea when I'll get to use my frostie, but at least there is some hope. Take care and good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->