Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

Help!

I'm in Colorado and my clinic is charging over 23,000 smackaroonies for one IVF cycle and it is looking like my best and only option.:dohh: NOooooo!

Checking around to other states and other clinics I've seen prices from 10,000 w/out meds and even over in New England it's 6,900 w/out meds AND they give you the third cycle for free if the first two were a bust. Sounds amazing, but even still... I LIVE IN COLORADO! :shrug:

Does anyone out there have a road map for me as far as where to go and or why the prices are SO FAR APART?!!?

Anyone else had to travel to a different local to be able to afford this sh_t?

ANY tips or tricks - please send them my way.

Hubby and I can't afford to toss that much money at this - especially since I am on my 3rd miscarriage and they say they have fixed whatever they can with hormones and anti clotting meds - it's up to my few good eggs now....... IVF seems like best option for us.

~tickticktiff

OOPS - I'm in the wrong thread....but really - if youall have advice - I'm desperate!

Thank you Samba. I can't believe you're thinking of giving others hope when you're going through so much yourself just now, you're just so sweet! :hugs:

Ticktick - I take it you've posted your question elsewhere on the forums? Good luck!

Thanks wallie... there is no reason for me to bitter towards others. It is hard seeing the tickers though :cry:

It's awful isn't it. I'd be so angry right now, it's just not fair.

On a lighter note I meant to thank you for the mention in your signature, it means alot to me :hugs:

Wallie - I hope it brings you some luck! xxxx I hope you werent offended by my postcode lottery whinge earlier xx

Thank you and no not at all, but I just wanted to explain it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Hi ladies

I've been keeping an eye on this thread and just wanted to pop back to say how delighted I was to hear Traskey's news and how sad I was to hear Samba's :hugs:

Wallie - thinking of you this week as well, hope the wait is going as quickly as possible for you :hugs:

We had our follow-up consultant appointment yesterday which was really frustrating. The first thing he said to us was that he recommends another round, although they probably wouldn't change the protocol or drug doses as there was no evidence that doing anything different produced different results. It made up my mind that if we were ever to put ourselves through this again, it definitely won't be back at King's - why on earth would I pay them to be treated like crap like I was this time, especially if they'll be doing nothing different? Pah - screw them, they 'aint getting my money!

We've decided to look into private clinics to check out which ones are meant to be best for poor responders (I've heard good things about the Lister for example). We aren't necessarily going to have another round, but I think we'd always have questions if we didn't take the opportunity to explore every option. We'll pay for a consultation and possibly a few more exploratory tests to see if we can get a clearer picture of what's going on. Will let you know how it goes and if we are going to put ourselves through it again after all.

Sending all the love and hugs I can to you all :hugs:

Hello ladies

Samba-I am so sorry to hear your news-just sending lots of hugs at this time x

I am feeling pretty down-had second scan this am and it seems I only have 6-7 (she was bit vague) decent follicles and some smaller (but she is doubtful smaller ones will catch up). They want to go ahead with egg collection on Monday and trigger tomorrow night so last lot of drugs will be in the morning.

I just dont know why I havent responded well again-its only slightly better than last time despite being on twice the dosage of drugs and I am still fairly young (29) and amh isnt too bad. I also feel uncomfotable and bloated, more so than last time which I thought was a good sign!

If we dont get more than 5, they wont try and get them to blast apparently, which is what I was really hoping for.

Anyway, I guess I just have to spend the weekend forgetting about it and see what happens Monday.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend x

Aww Kitty Kat, I hope you get more follies and eggs when you go back on Monday. It is frustrating when you don't know why you get the number of eggs that you do. Wishing you loads of luck.

Sophie, it's good to see you. I'm sorry your consult wasn't very helpful and that you weren't treated well by the clinic. If you go for another cycle I hope you are treated better.

Samba, thinking of you :hugs:

Wallie, hope the 2ww is going as well as it can.

Hi ladies,

Samba big hugs Hun!

Trask great news Hun many congrats!

Sophiebee, think u are doing the right thing to have a consultation with another clinic, I hear nothing but good things about lister!

Boofle, wallie how you feeling?

Hi to everyone else xxx

Afm otd yesterday bfn we were both distraught! Feeling a tad better today, got a follow up on 3rd April :(

Kazza, i'm so sorry about the :bfn: :hugs: It is heart breaking.

Kazza - I am so sorry :hugs:

Sophie - I do not understand them wanting to try again using the same drugs and the same dose!! I would DEFO go and look into the Lister hun xxx

Hope everyone else is OK.

AFM.... Im not doing so well at all. This wait until the next scan is awful, Im finding it very hard to cope tbh.

I'm so sorry everyone, this all stinks.

Samba, I don't know what to say to make you feel better, I just wish no-one had to go through what you are right now. :hugs:

KittyCat - hope EC has gone well today.
Samba & Kazza - I am thinking of you and hoping you're okay :hugs:
Wallie - How are you doing?
This 2ww is worse than I ever imagined. Had a really bad headache during the night. I was a blubbering wreck this morning and had to force myself to work. Don't know how I'm gonna last another week and a half :(

Hi Ladies.

I stupidly tested today 12dpo and it's a bfn. I thought I'd be okay as I had an upsetting night, sore head and boobs not as sore, so I just wanted to know I was out and I made myself even worse. It should be showing positive by now if I was. So I've taken the day off work, I'm just so upset, don't think I'm ever going to be a mum.

Boofs - 2 ww is bloody awful! But its worth it when you see those beautiful lines!! When I got my :bfp: I told DH it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.... it really was.

Kazza - Hope all went well and look forward to hearing about your fert report.

Wallie - Got my fingers crossed for you lady.

Hope everyone else is ok.

AFM... Im having a pretty rough time of it really... the wait until friday is f-ing awful. Im not sure if I said but DH rang my GP to see if he would do Beta's for me... and he said no and I just have to wait it out. I've taken today off work but Im going back tomorrow. Im scared that Im going to start MC-ing at work. Roll so I know for 100% sure so I can get things moving and move on. I have also called the Coventry and Warwick University centre of fertility to get the ball rolling with Egg sharing. I need to get a GP's refferal, my notes from the OFU and then go from there. The wait atm for egg share is about 5 months so should be well enough time for me to get my cycles on track, lose some weight and get my head back together. Hopefully I wont be cycling with any of you guys. I hope you dont mind me still visiting here. :hugs:

Wallie - Please dont get upset yet... you might have a late implanter :hugs: Ive got EVERYTHING crossed for you hun :hugs: :hugs: This journey is fecking awful :hugs: You will be a mum :hugs:

Hi Ladies.

I stupidly tested today 12dpo and it's a bfn. I thought I'd be okay as I had an upsetting night, sore head and boobs not as sore, so I just wanted to know I was out and I made myself even worse. It should be showing positive by now if I was. So I've taken the day off work, I'm just so upset, don't think I'm ever going to be a mum.

Wallie - that is exactly how I felt last night - really bad head and my boobs have stopped being sore :( I hope you just tested too early hun. I'm too scared to test.

Morning Ladies! Once again sorry I have been MIA, I have been a bit of basket case for the last few days. I will go back and catch up with u all. I am 8dp5dt (13DPO) and this morning I got a BFP BFP BFP, my first ever in 4 years of trying and after 3 IVF cycles. I never thought this day would come. Heres the pics.

https://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s493/Abby141112/20120306_074105.jpg

Lots of love Abby x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"