Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

Hiya,

Good Luck Lindylou!!! I had loads of follies but never overstimmed so you may well be just fine!!

Boofle how you feeling hun?

AFM Waiting for our follow up on 3/4/2012 ! we get 2 goes on NHS and may pay for 1 privately but after that i think we will give up.
We are considering adoption, has anyone else thought about this?

Wallie, nice to see you back, I totally agree with the weight being lifted i feel exactly the same.

Hippie, your plans seem amazing hun, really thinking of you x

Samba, im soo soo sorry but i am glad you can start moving forward xxx

Thanks kazzab and Boofle.

Not long back home. You were both right - it was fine. Not needed painkiller yet!! They got 16 eggs. Bit sleepy now. Will post later.

Thanks for your support. Couldn't have got through today without it. Xxx

Hey Lindy thats great - 16 eggs woohoooo :) hope you've enjoyed a nice sleepy afternoon ;) looking forward to your news in the morning :hugs:

Kazza - thanks for asking after me, I'm doing okay.
Today was OTD and I did do a test but I knew the result so felt fine when I actually saw it - I dealt with the dissappointment last week. I was amazed that my OH, his Mum and my best friend actually thought the result was going to be any different! I suppose they were all hanging on to some hope but I knew.
The nurse at the clinic said expect a heavy, painful and longer period and I said well I've already had it!! She said I have to have three bleeds before trying our frozen cycle - so I've had one and so it will be around May when we get to try. I asked if we would have a follow up and she said no unless we requested one so I said I would like to have an opportunity to talk about the transfer because for me it was the worst bit but only because I don't tolerate having a full bladder very well. And because the doctor was gone before I'd even got my knickers on :( so the experience wasn't as expected. She said she would request an appointment for me and I could ask to be sedated for the next transfer. If this gets the doctors approval I will feel a lot happier about the process. Have to wait and see when the appt comes.

Wallie - we get two goes on the NHS - not sure how long the wait is for us between cycles. Will you do your funded cycle at the same clinic as your NHS cycle?

Samba - hope you're feeling okay hun, sending you lots of :hugs:

PG - will you opt for a medicated or natural cycle - have you experienced a frozen cycle before?

Lindt that's great 16 eggs you must be over the moon!!

Boofle, sorry to hear you were not happy about transfer! But glad your getting a follow up! I can't wait for mine!

My bleed was just like a noral period!

Thanks kazzab and Boofle. Just keeping everything crossed
for call tomorrow. There are so many hurdles!

Glad you are both looking forward and seem ok. Know
You must have bad moments. Xxxx

Hi all

Just popping back to say that we have an appointment with the Lister on 28 March, so we'll see what they have to say. Having said that, I have had an incredible explosion of awful happen in my life this past week (some expected, some not - details in my journo) so I know that whatever they say, I'm going to need to take some time away before we try again. I just don't think my mental health would survive.

Wishing all you lovely ladies the very best :hugs:

Hi Ladies

Sophie - I just read your journo :hugs: Thinking of you loads xxx

Lindy - Congrats on your 16 thats an amazing number!! Good luck for today!

Boofs - Only a couple of months left until your FET!!

Kazza - Not long until your follow up. Do you know how long you will have to wait to go again? I know you have to wait for 3 bleeds but is there a waiting list?

Wallie, Hippie & Please - Hope youre OK :hugs:

AFM... I have an appointment on Monday with my GP to discuss options and when I spoke to her briefly I asked for Clomid and she seemed quite happy to prescribe it. So will hopefully do a couple of cycles naturally with clomid :haha: Almost naturally.... then we have our appointment with the consultant at the OFU on 20th April.... and in the meantime Ive been trying to check Coventrys T&C's for Egg Sharing as is half the price at OFU. But at the OFU if they dont collect more than 8 eggs you get to continue the cycle and keep all your eggs at no extra cost. The nurse at Coventry is off on holiday until next week.

Just had call from embryologist- 9 have fertilised. Looking to do transfer on Monday. When she told me I started filling up. Xx

That sounds good samba- trying naturally but the Coventry set up sounds the best set up I have heard of for private! Xx

Lindy thats brilliant fantastic news :) :happydance: I was the same every time I spoke to them lol.
Off to work now (just checked in to see your news). Woohoooooo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Did anybody else find it really strange that their embbies were sat in a lab down the road on their own and feel really protective of them? Or is it my hormones? I've taken next week off work - much to my business partners disgust. So far I have only had 1 day off which was EC ( I already had the two days after booked off) and next week I'm only losing 3 days because I have leave booked ( and I'm cancelling a day the following week) So I will have taken a grand total of 2 and half days off discounting leave!!!! I don't think that is bad!!! Xxxx

Hey Lindy - sorry I've been MIA - been away for the weekend :)
Today's the day - yippeeee, wishing you all the luck in the world hun and really hope it works for you :) let us know how it goes. As for feeling protective - yeah defo know what you mean and I felt really sad for the ones that didn't make it :(
I think you're doing the right thing having time off - thats what I should of done - I don't think going back to work resulted in my negative result but I wasn't in the right frame of mind to be at work. It was hard too cos I hadn't told anyone what was going on.
Anyway get drinking that water and get that emby on board :happydance: off to work now and thinking of you :hugs:

Lindy - Good luck!!

Hope everyone else is OK.

AFM... tested yesterday (Idiot!) and pretty much a :bfn: obviously good because it means my body is getting back to normal but also a slap in the face on Mothers Day... I thought I could handle it... and couldnt :( Today Im going to my docs to weigh up some options and fx getting some Clomid to tie me over until egg sharing. I know its a long shot but I just need to feel as though Im doing something. UCW clinic should be ringing me this week about a few of the questions Ive got about their egg share policy. Kind of feel like the journey is at a bit of a stand still atm. Ive also started the Dukan Diet this week to help shed some of the weight I gained whilst cycling. Hopefully it should do the trick.

Love and :hugs: to you all xxx

Thank you so much for thinking of me Boofle. It really means a lot. Hope your weekend away went well and helped you to relax and get your head together and be you again after all the madness. Thank you xxxx

Thanks samba. Sorry yesterday was a bad day for you. Keep trying to say positive. Xxx

AFM. Just getting ready to head to the hospital. Nervous and excited. Xxxx

Hey Boofle and samba. Had 2 blasts transferred. One was stage 4 other a little behind. 2 others they are keeping an eye on overnight to see if they can freeze them. Xxxx

Lindylou, congratulations on your 2 blasties.

Samba, i'm so sorry about the bfn on Mother's Day.

:hug: for all of you.

Hi ladies-so looks like ivf no 2 has failed too. Feel quite numb. If we can at least learn from this I think I'll be ok. We will be doing another round but probably ICSI and not for few months. The question is where and whether we have some further testing first. Hope everyone else is doing ok. Samba have yu decided where to go yet?xx

Lindy = Good luck with your blastos! xxxx Hope you managed to get some snow babies too xxx

Trask - Hope you, fred and ginger are well xxx

Kitty - Im so sorry hun :hugs: It SUCKS!!! Im still no further forward tbh.... waiting on our follow up with the OFU and go from there really.... it truely sucks waiting... Im finding that pretty tricky. Is egg share an option for you?

Hi Samba-no I don't think so. I don't respond that well and I think egg quality may be our issue. If anything, we may be looking at egg donation for us in the future. Funny how in the space of less than a year, we have gone from potentially being a donor to maybe needing one... I guess that is the joys of unexplained!

To be honest I just want some answers. We are considering further tests at the mo. I always said 3 ivf and that would be it but I guess with unexplained, if you learn from the rounds, it could take more that 3. We'll see.

Good luck with your decision making as to where to go-its hard isnt it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"