• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

Done another test and negative. Just got to let nature take its course.

Lindy I am so so sorry, how cruel :cry: I don't know what to say hun other than you will start to feel better and strong again. Give yourself time and please stay in touch. Sending you lots of hugs :hugs:

Lindy - I am so so sorry, it really is awful :hugs: :hugs: The one thing that I tried to focus on when it happened to me is that although my embie wasnt a keeper.... it DID work. It doesnt make it feel any better and it doesnt stop it from hurting but its a very small positive in somethings that is truely horrible. Be kind to yourself :hugs: Here if you need to talk xxx

Boofs - How are you doing?

How is everyone else? Where are we all now? Im just waiting for follow up on 20th April xx

I'm going to try and arrange my follow up tomorrow. Don't see the point in waiting for Af. Just want to try and understand what has happened and why.
Thanks boof and samba xxxx

Lindy - It can sometimes take a little while to get a follow up so its a good idea to try and get it sorted. :hugs: Sometimes hun we'll never know why our little ones werent our forever babies... most MC's are because there is something chomosonally (sp) wrong and there really isnt anything that the docs or we could have done. Tbh in many ways I wished that I had never got pregnant with the ICSI as its sooo hard to have gone through all of that then have it all taken away.... its so cruel. I explained to a male friend of mine that it was like winning the lottery, you pick the perfect house, chose your dream car, book the dream holiday and then someone comes along and tells you that they made a mistake and take it all away. Did you get any frosties?

I'm so sorry Lindy, so so cruel...:hugs:

My follow up is not until 17th April and I got my bfn on 7th March, so it does take time to get a review appt, well at my clinic anyway!

Thanks girls. Did not get any frosties. Xxx I would pay for the consultation if I can be seen and stop my head spinning. How long does it take for nature to take its course xxx

Lindy - In my case it was a long time... the embie stopped growing around 5 weeks something and I didnt MC until I was 8 weeks 4 days. How far along were you?
Was this a private cycle?

Cycle was nhs. My OTD was Friday which gave a faint positive then digital positive later but on Saturday hospital said hcg very low so I POAS today and not pregnant. Sat in garden now with large glass of rose and ordering pizza tonight. Bollocks to healthy living :) xxxx

Lindy - You'll get your follow up for free then hun xxx Good for you having a glass of vino... its exactly what I did.... :finger: to healthy living bollocks! Do you know what you think you will do next?

I have another go on the nhs. I'm going to see if I can have every type of screening possible and go again. If that doesn't work I will pay private. I just want to be a mum. I know we all want that. I don't know if I should stay where I am. I'm at the Liverpool Hewitt, they have been so kind but so many people seem to try other Clinics if it fails. Xxxx wish Af would come so I can move on. I just can't while my little ones are still in there. I know that sounds nuts and i dont want to lose them but this situation is horrible. Xxxx

Samba- why are you egg sharing now if you don't mind me asking?

Lindy - Before you change your mind about the clinic go for your follow up as they will probably discuss different options. Have you had any MC's before? Thats fantastic news that you get another NHS go, can you go again straightaway after 3 bleeds?

We're egg sharing because it costs a fraction if we go on our own and obviously it gives another couple a chance of having a baby.

I get 2 nhs goes. This is my first ivf and first miscarriage. I don't know if it's 3 bleeds or 1 full cycle after mc which would be two bleeds will ask tomorrow. Xxxx

Are there any tests I can ask for to try and rule things Out before we try again. Believe it or not we have yet to meet our consultant!!! We were referred in through andrology and the nurses started and did all the consent/ treatment. They have been fantastic though. Cx

There are tests that can be done but because you have only had one MC they might be relucant to do them. You could ask at your next appointment... I was also thinking of asking about these tests as this is my 2nd MC but tbh I dont want to delay things anymore by having tests done that I might not actually need iygwim. Alot of the time MC is just bloody awful luck... due to the embryo not being chromosonally (sp) correct.

You could have tests for natural killer cells, karyotyping but not sure what else.

Forgot to add that my clinic will only do cycles after 3 bleeds so my MC was bleed no 1 so 2 after that.

Lindy - we haven't met our consultant either! I too get two goes on the nhs and I'm at st Mary's. I may consider changing if we end up getting to number 3 but only cos of logistics and st Mary's being so far away! I hope u get ur follow up soon mine is 19th April so not long. I reckon my next bleed is due next week but who knows!! I've been thinking of you all today :hugs:

Thank you so much Boofle and samba. This weekend has been a nightmare, from ( i know stupidly) my mind racing thinking of baby names and nursery stuff to medication to speed
Up miscarriage and how to start my next cycle. Going into work tomorrow. Don't see the point of just waiting for nature to take its course. Just want to get my next plan sorted. Xxxx

Lindy - Its f-ing awful isnt it :hugs: My advice is to make sure you have some pain relief and you should really use sanitary towels not tampons :hugs: Hope that it doesnt happen while youre at work xxx

Boofs - You have your appointment the day before me :thumbup: Hopefully we'll be cycle buddies again xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->