Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

Kitty - Yes it is as there is about 1000 difference and its trying to work out if the xtra 1000 is worth it... eurghhh and then of course there is the f-ing WAITING!!! What tests are you considering?

Tell me about the waiting....I feel like I have been just waiting for 2years...there are a whole load of tests inc DNA fragmentation for sperm etc. I will let you know details when I do!x

Im pretty sure that DNA Fragmentation can be improved with high doses of vitamins C and E. So its well worth getting DH on it regardless.... mine is.... here is some info if you fancy a read... https://www.andrologyjournal.org/cgi/content/full/26/3/349

Thanks samba-interesting! He is on the well man multi vits but will look into that. There are some other tests for implantation etc but I'm bit vague at the mo!xx

My DH takes the wellman and xtra C & E and folic acid xxx Keep us informed about what happens.... I know that this group is NHS Dec/Jan/Feb but its nice to keep in touch xx

Hi ladies :)

Lindy - I did check up on you but it was on my phone and I don't like to use that for replying :winkwink: two little embies on board way hey :happydance: hope you're taking it easy and enjoying that PUPO status!! Its frustrating how some clinics allow you to have two and some are just so against it. What happened to the two they were keeping an eye on - are they frozen now?

Kitty - I'm sorry to hear your news hun. Sam is right it SUCKS big time. I said during the first cycle that I couldn't do it again regardless of the outcome but hey I'm ready for the next cycle - I guess we do what we have to and you'll figure it out in time. Give yourself time to come to terms with the crappy result and then you'll know what to do next :hugs:

Traskey - hope you're feeling okay hun and taking it easy :winkwink:

Samba - fancy doing a test on MD! You need to be taking good care of yourself :flower: I'm glad you're doing something positive with your diet - good luck losing those extra pounds :hugs: hey my OH takes the wellman too - but I like your suggestion re extra C & E - I like any suggestion for him to be more involved after having all those needles etc etc :haha: I'll tell him later :)

Hi everybody.

Boofle- they did really push for us to just have one put back in but the embryologist on transfer day whispered she didn't blame us going for two. We had to sign a disclaimer saying we understood the risks of twins. Do you have to wait 2 cycles before you try again?

My dh was told from his first appt to start taking vitamin c and e to boost quality.

Hi Lindy - I have to wait till I've had three bleeds but the one I had last week counts as the first. It will prob be May time when we have the frozen transfer but I've asked if I can be sedated. I have to get the consultants permission and I'm just waiting for that appt to come. Waiting waiting waiting its always waiting lol :) I wonder if they'll let us have both the frozen ones but back if they both survive the thaw!
Does your OH take the Wellman supps as well? Noone told us to take them I just did a bit of reasearch and now every night at tea I put his bullet next to his drink lol

He doesn't take well man as well. His consultant said main ones are vit c and e
For antioxidants. They said they don't have time to call if embryos are able to be frozen but will send a letter out letting us know. Can you try clomid while waiting for next go? X

Boofs - I tested on MD as I thought I was OK... a friend wanted to know if superdrug tests get evaps so I POAS'd for her. The folic acid is also good for swimmers. I too am sick of waiting and I think we'll have to wait longer than the 3 bleeds... well 2 now... as we're sharing :grr:

Lindy - Thats pants that they dont call you... ours did :growlmad: I was considering clomid during the break between but doc wouldnt give it as we're MF and also on hindsight it might actually be better to have a break from hormones and let my body get back to normal.

What is clomid? I've just had my follow up appt - 20 September!!!! Wtf ive tried to call but no answer I know that they'll say that's the earliest appt available!!!

That is ridiculous Boofle. Seriously not fair! Is that the only hospital you can go to locally?

Clomid from what I have read stimulates you to produce eggs. X

Boofs - WTF!!! Im going to shut up moaning about my 20th April.... can you go on a cancellation list? That is ridiculous! I had 6 rounds of clomid but it didnt work for me... it stimulates the ovaries to produce eggs... might be worth a shot! You could ask your GP xx Its a cheaper, less stable version of Menopur or Gonal F... they cant control clomid in the same way as they can the injectables xxx

Hey, I finally got through and she said that was the first available appt. I told her that I was suppose to be having my frozen cycle in May and so couldn't wait till Sept. She eventually said she'd see if she could squeeze me into the urgent clinic and came up with a day towards the end of May - I said I'd take it cos at least it was better than September. Then she managed to find me an appt 19 April with one of the nurses. I explained that I needed to see someone who could authorise the sedation and she said the nurses should be able to arrange that so she booked the 19th April - strangely there were two times available?!?!? Anyway 19th April it is and another afternoon off work!

Lindy - yeah its the only hosp locally and its 45 mins away :dohh:

Hey maybe I should ask my GP about Clomid......

So glad you got your appointment sooner. It's bad you have to push to get seen!! Suppose that's dealing with the NHS. I've heard people say they use clomid while waiting for next cycle- could be worth a chat with your GP? Xxxx

YAYYY thats the day before me!!! :wohoo: :wohoo: The only thing about the clomid hun is that I would ask to see if it makes any difference.. just in case they like you to be drug free for a certain amount of time!! Hopefully we'll both get some positive news soon xxx :hugs:

Going through absolute turmoil. Yesterday was OTD. Got a very faint positive. Been hospital for bloods but in meantime I got a pregnant 1-2 weeks on clearblue digital. I was the happiest girl till the hospital called. Said my hcg gave a positive pregnancy test but level
very low (25) so not to get excited. They would expect it to be about 100. Seem to think I may be about to miscarry :( I have one from the highest high to the lowest low in a matter of hours. The hospital have said just POAS later in week and let them know the result but I may have to wait till scan on 20th. I'm a mess.

Oh Lindy what a shame and what turmoil you must be in, understandably. Try and keep strong :hugs:

P.S I thought those digi's were 50+ tests. Maybe there's an error with their tests.

Lindy - I am so so sorry Im afraid I know that horrible feeling too well. I'll be keeping everything crossed for you xxx

Wallie - Yup those are 50+ tests xxx

Oh Lindy, I thought your OTD was today so I logged on to see if you'd updated. I can't imagine what you're going through. You got a positive though and as long as the old witch stays away there's still hope. Try and stay relaxed and occupied - so difficult I know but you've got lots of people on here routing for you.
Hey and you got more than one positive :) thats gotta be a good sign :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"