• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

Wow samba you have been calculating. My 2nd period due begin may then begin june ..... If my hormones snap straight back into normal rhythm which is unlikely!! Do you do long protocol again?

Lindy - I guess I will do as it worked for me last time and Im not older and hopefully havent got any ovarian reserve issues etc so I cant see why they would change it. Im lucky as my clinic has booking in dates on their website... obviously its only guess work as Ive no idea how long my cycles are going to be now. After my first MC they got 5 days longer... I hope that the same doesnt happy this time. I cant see why you wouldnt go back to normal hun xxx

How old are you samba if you don't mind me asking? I'm nearly 37 AMH 14 , undiagnosed. Having dates there gives you something to focus on and aim for. X

Im 30, 31 in August... not sure what my AMH is... I'll be getting that test done to check if I am suitable for egg share. We are Male Factor.

Hi ladies,

Yes my appt for the failed IVF is tomorrow at 10am.

It's funny I was calculating when I could possibly cycle again but with the new clinic if they want to let me have another go, that is. My appt with the new clinic is next Thursday evening.

It does seem ages away Samba. My best cycle, which had the most eggs retrieved I started DR'ing on CD2 which they sometimes do. Maybe your clinic could do that and knock 3 weeks off it for you and your ER?

So my dates, if I were to get the go ahead would be DR'ing CD21 26th May, DR for a couple of weeks with a possible EC date maybe around the end of June.

It's a bugger when you work out possible dates and when you've done that and they don't go to plan, you get totally hacked off!

Good Luck tomorrow xxx Have you got your list of questions?

Im not pinning my hopes on those exact dates as they might not work out and I dont know for sure I'll get everything back for Egg Share.... or Egg Share might not be an option for us... then we'll have to wait and save up some more cash xx

No, no questions to ask really. Just going to see if they say anything other than bad luck and pick up my notes to take to the new place.

It's all money, money, money these days in our household!

Hey ladies, I've had a week away and have had loads of posts to catch up on :dohh:
Hope you're all okay. Wallie - good luck tomorrow. My appt is Thursday but it isn't a follow-up, just an appt to discuss the frozen cycle. When I asked about a follow-up they said they don't do follow-ups!!!!
Samba - you made me chuckle with your dates but its good to have something to focus on hey :) I've had my second bleed (week late) and so I think if everything goes to plan I should get my frozen embie on board some time beg of June :thumbup:
Lindy glad you're doing okay hun. Whereabout's in Scotland you go. My family are from the highlands and we got up there end of last year :)
Kazza - nice to hear from you too :)

BTW my tummy is still feeling swollen and more so on one side - is this normal do you reckon?

What does AMH stand for ladies? I don't know what mine is cos I don't even know what it stands for lol. I've started taking the pregnacare (I think thats what they're called) vitamins. I was taking just folic acid and OH has been taking the wellman multi vits too.

Boofs - Ive been waiting bloody ages to work out roughly when it will be.... Ive only just ovulated on CD34. It was getting pretty horrid waiting for it, I justed to move on. We've given this cycle a good bash but tbh I cant see it working. But you got to try.... its cheaper naturally then anyother way :haha:

YAYY for getting your second bleed... not long now until FET... is it a natural cycle?

AMH tests your ovarian reserve. Im not sure that you just get that test without asking.. but dont quote me on it.

I thought everyone before IVF had an AMH test. How would they know what your response would be as they use this to gauge it.

Wallie - I dont remember ever having my AMH bloods done. I have had a look through and cant see anything, I remember having a convo with Tansey and she mentioned that you had it done seperately I think. Have you had yours done?

Yeah I had mine done. Mine was 5, which is basically pants :rofl: Means I need lots of drugs - yeah, more expensive for me!

Just had a read and it doesnt look like the NHS provide this test... they base the drugs dose on other measurements.... I think from FSH, oestradiol and progestogen levels

Did you pay privately for yours? Will ask if I had mine done at my appointment this week.

No, not done privately, done at NHS and the first cycle we paid privately for the cycle but we didn't pay for any tests being done, just the actual IVF and drugs.

I had my AMH done on the nhs. It's meant to show egg reserve I think. My hospital say below 4 means may struggle getting eggs but I know of girls with zero who have managed 6 at EC so some of the embryologists say ignore it- it just helps work out stimming doses.

I go Just outside Edinburgh for family stuff but like going the west coast to relax. Hoping to go just me and hubby to the west coast soon.

Acupuncture was really interesting. Bit hippy waffle stuff at times but good. Will say more later x

Hiya

Ive just not been on as much giving my heart and my head a rest! But AF started today do I'm starting again this cycle bit got to go on the pill for three weeks before down regging!

My amh was 45.8 which is high due to my PCOS bit still only managed 9 eggs! Dissapointed!

Ooooo good luck kazzab. Are you doing a short protocol this time then? Why have they suggested that?

Hi Kazza! Good to hear from you! :hugs: Good luck with the Pill hope it does the trick for you this time :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->