• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

hy all hope your all well havent been on for a while my last ivf got cancelled due to a cyst i was well devasted after going so far with the ivf Ihave started again and am now on day 7 after 3dy egg transfer i am on cyclogest 3 times a day and i test next wednsday i am abit worried as looking on other forums a lot of people have had spotting which they say is implantation i have had none ive had the odd crampin and tiredness

Mazak - Yes I did have spotting but everyone is different for every person that has had it there will be one that didnt :hugs: I know its hard not to compare yourself with everyone else but really try not too. VERY best of luck hun! I got my :bfp: at your stage xxx LOTS of luck to you xxx :dust:

How is everyone else?

Hi mazek. I got no spotting but a BFP ( sadly miscarried) Think you just have to wait and see and go crazy in the meantime :)

Hi samba. I'm up and down, but on the mend now :) Mainly I'm just scared it will never work. Think you have south confidence first go but after not getting there so many doubts and worries appear. I just wish that they could tell me why it happened so next time it doesn't. Want to find a test or something to make it all better but know sometimes these things just happen. X

Lindy - I wish I had the answer too, unfortantley I am also thinking the same.... do I spend out all that money only for it to happen again or do I persuade them to do some tests? On one hand it could be totally pointless on the other their might be something that needs to be looked into further. The NHS will not look into recurrent miscarriage until you have three or more.... I have had 2 and these are the only pregnancies I have had in nearly 4 years. Many MC's though are just bloody awful bad luck, I know that it doesnt help, for my own sanity I have looked upon it that way. The only positive to come out of this is that I know I CAN get pregnant.... so who knows.... there is EVERY chance that the next is a keeper xxxx :hugs:

hy all when do u think i should test im on day 8 of 3dy transfer

Mazak - I got my clear :bfp: at 8dp3dt, but you will need a FRER xxx Up to you though you do it when you feel comfortable :hugs: GOOD LUCK for when you do decide xxx

Mazak - have you tested? Sending you lots of :dust:
Wallie - how did you fu go?
AFM - I had my appt yesterday with the nurse to talk through the frozen cycle. It looks even more complicated than the fresh cycle :headspin: she assured us it wasn't and that if everything goes to plan we should only need to attend the hospital four times. I can ring on my next period to see if I can cycle that month - she said they can only accept two frozen cycles a day. We got to meet with the embryologist too who was such a nice guy :winkwink: He said from an embryologist point of view our embies were absolutely brilliant and that we did really well to get two frozen embies from 13 eggs.
I told the nurse I wanted to be sedated for the transfer and ended up blubbering - she wasn't the most sensitive of nurses but she made a note that I was really upset and said the doctor needed to make the decision about the sedation and it couldn't be done if transfer ended up on a Sat/Sun. I told her that I do not want transfer on a weekend and that I want my cycle manipulating so that it ends up during the week! Fingers crossed.

Has anyone else experienced a frozen cycle?

Hi girls. How is everybody doing?

Boofle- when do you start FET? Are they blasts they have frozen?

Hope everybody else is doing ok.

Hey Lindy - I can ring on the first day of my next period which will be in around two weeks to see if I can be accepted - fingers crossed. Yeah we have two frozen 6 days embies waiting :happydance:

Hey I found something on the Internet last night saying you can have your nhs treatment at any private hospital and I didn't know that - we weren't given that option!! Did anyone know this? I don't think we'll have our 2nd go at st Mary's if this is true but hopefully we won't need to find out :winkwink:

Hope you're all okay?

Hi Ladies,

I called the clinic yesterday and the lady I need to talk to wasnt it!! :grr: So phone is right beside me now waiting for them to call back. This morning I did a test and Im not sure if I got an Evap or the beginnings of a :bfp: :crazy: will test again tonight, tomorrow and every other day :haha:

Boofs - Good luck with the FET and Im really pleased that the embryologist was pleased with your last cycle. Im sure that the frozen will be easier in the sense that it is less drugs... btw.... what do you have to take?

Lindy - How are you feeling about things now?

Mazak - Have you got some happy news for us? Hope all has gone well for you xxx

OMG Samba, that is just brilliant if its the start of a bfp. Wowee!

I trust it was a FRER you used?

Wallie - Nahhh dont be silly why spend money on expensive FRER's when I can spend 99p on a gazillion AND drive myself TOTALLY mental :haha: I am a glutton for punishment! :haha: Will do another IC tonight and tomorrow morning and save the decent tests for 11dpo onwards xxx BTW.... forgot to ask about my AMH :dohh:

Clinic update.... lady is off sick will call them monday if I havent heard from them this week.

Hello everybody,
I will be starting ICSI due to MF & PCOS this summer at Hammersmith hospital in London, it will be my first try on the NHS. It looks like I'm posting a little late but I wondered if you have any words of wisdom/ advice about what to expect? I have my referral appt with my consultant on 4th May & he said it will then be 6-10 weeks before I will be seen at Hammersmith so I'm assuming I won't be looking at egg transfer until Sept/October time, depending on how long it takes for my appt to come through. Thanks ladies. Xx

MrsB09, glad you've posted and glad you'll soon be doing IVF on the NHS. We're all done really on this thread, as in gone through our cycles but we chat on the rare occassion.

Good luck with what happens. I hope to be cycling again soon too.

Oh samba that sounds promising. Fx!!!

Boofle- I thought you could only go to private if there is a long nhs wait?? Hopefully you won't need it ;)

Hi mrsbo9 - the only thing I would say is relax, eat healthy, start your vitamins and look into acupuncture etc.

AFM. Feeling lots better. Have sad moments but they are getting less. Have my FU on Monday. Want to ask as much as I can! Had 2nd acupuncture. Not sure how it's meant to make me feel but will keep with it :)

It's all gone quiet hope everyone is okay :hugs:
Sam - any news hun :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"