Starting IVF in march/april 2015 - buddies wanted :)

Glad the injections went well ladies! I found Gonal F and Lupron to be very tolerable. Menopur is what bothered me because it burned! They doubled my dose of it this time around so I'm not looking forward to it. Icing beforehand did help though. By the end of stims, you will barely think about the injections.
This will be my third time with injections and I'm actually feeling anxious about it.

Icing it before hand is a good idea thanks for mentioning it. I've only done two injections and I dreaded both of them. I was actually freaked out last night I was stuck at work and didn't have my meds with me I didn't expect to be at work that long. my DH met me at work with it. I know the clinic says take your meds around the same time everyday I was a little less than two hours late. I'm pretty sure that's ok.

I took mine later this morning as I had a lie in. Hopefully it won't make too much difference! I hope not. I don't mind the injections too much so far, it's just the anxiety for me about whether they are working!

Glad to see you ladies are managing with your injections, hoping for some BFPs in this thread :)

Af arrived today for me which means next time she comes around we'll be starting IVF.

Besides that back at work for another week, this year seems to be moving quickly.

BMW hope you doing ok xox

Glad to see you ladies are managing with your injections, hoping for some BFPs in this thread :)

Af arrived today for me which means next time she comes around we'll be starting IVF.

Besides that back at work for another week, this year seems to be moving quickly.

BMW hope you doing ok xox

Hanging in there, thank you! One more af for you!!

Ladies, I use before my injections as well. It seems to help me.

Hi Ladies. I will be doing my very first IVF round once my period comes. I'm on CD8 now so we have some time. So new to this all. Been TTC since June of last year. Had our IVF consult yesterday and it went very well. Dreading shots!!!

Hi Ladies. I will be doing my very first IVF round once my period comes. I'm on CD8 now so we have some time. So new to this all. Been TTC since June of last year. Had our IVF consult yesterday and it went very well. Dreading shots!!!

Good luck hun! The shots arent so bad. I am sure you'll be fine.

Doxie we should be starting ivf not too far apart I am on CD5 at the moment and will be starting when my period arrives. I still need to collect meds which will be around the 3rd march. Dont worry about the needles, I mean they are not nice but a small amount of discomfort to get us little ones and it gets easier everytime.

Hi all! Hope I'm not too late, thinking of IVF in April (almost confirmed) so I guess I belong here! :D

I've been through this before for my baby girl, still extremely nervous and worried and needle shy as always...!

Good luck all :)

Hi all! Hope I'm not too late, thinking of IVF in April (almost confirmed) so I guess I belong here! :D

I've been through this before for my baby girl, still extremely nervous and worried and needle shy as always...!

Welcome!! Good luck to you as well! Were you successful on the first try with your daughter?

I may be joining as well. Waiting for semen analysis results from my husband next week to decide for sure if we will go for IVF or try Femara first. We are leaning toward IVF anyway. Anyone else decide to go for the aggressive approach first?

I may be joining as well. Waiting for semen analysis results from my husband next week to decide for sure if we will go for IVF or try Femara first. We are leaning toward IVF anyway. Anyone else decide to go for the aggressive approach first?

I wish I would have done IVF first and skipped the IUI's. I just feel like I wasted so much time, but that's just me. Are your doctors leaning more towards IVF?

Penolope: I went straight to IVF. I was given the option to do I I but I didn't think it would work with my husband's poor quality sperm. I'm glad I didn't waste the money on IUIs even though IVF hasn't been successful yet. I just wanted to maximize our chances. I guess it really depends on what is wrong fertility wise.

My meds came yesterday! Starting Lupron shots in 3 days. Excited to be moving along again.

My meds came yesterday! Starting Lupron shots in 3 days. Excited to be moving along again.

Your getting closer Ive been on Lupron for 9 days I stopped my BCP yesterday. They say I will get AF within a few days of stopping. Wondering when it will show up as I've been spotting the whole time.

Penolope: I went straight to IVF. I was given the option to do I I but I didn't think it would work with my husband's poor quality sperm. I'm glad I didn't waste the money on IUIs even though IVF hasn't been successful yet. I just wanted to maximize our chances. I guess it really depends on what is wrong fertility wise.

So far all my results have been normal. Good follicle count, AMH 9.4. Waiting on the SA, so I'm thinking that will tip the scales when we find out. But, I agree with not wasting time and money...

Good luck to you with this process! Hope you get your :bfp:!

I wish I would have done IVF first and skipped the IUI's. I just feel like I wasted so much time, but that's just me. Are your doctors leaning more towards IVF?

They've given us the choice. I couldn't tell if the doctor was leaning one way or the other... he just framed it in terms of how aggressive we want to be with this.

Welcome!! Good luck to you as well! Were you successful on the first try with your daughter?

Hi! Thanks for the welcome :)

No, it was the second round of IVF. I had one round here in the UK, and the second time I travelled abroad for treatment!

How is everyone getting along on this thread? I see you got your BFP BMW! I'm so happy for you and your beta was great (I was stalking the January thread).
I had egg retrieval yesterday and we got 18 eggs! I know all won't be mature and all won't fertilize, but last cycle we only got 7 eggs. I'm very sore this time. Last time I had no pain so I hope this is normal. Good luck to all of you!

How is everyone getting along on this thread? I see you got your BFP BMW! I'm so happy for you and your beta was great (I was stalking the January thread).
I had egg retrieval yesterday and we got 18 eggs! I know all won't be mature and all won't fertilize, but last cycle we only got 7 eggs. I'm very sore this time. Last time I had no pain so I hope this is normal. Good luck to all of you!

Thank you so much hun! I have my second beta today so fx it doubles!

18eggs?! Thats an awesome response and what a difference! Im thrilled for you!!!! Hoping for a great fert report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"