Starting IVF Sept/Oct - UK - anyone else?

From what I've read that's the usual but I don't know what they are planning to give me if its not the bcp. Or how long for!

Hope your cycle is going well

From what I know it's typical. But it all depends on your diagnosis, sometimes the best approach is to not suppress! We will see! My cycle is well so far, I will know more tomorrow.

I'm just so impatient I want to know now!! I'm hoping consultant will still be in after my appointment so I can get some answers before the weekend!

Let us know how you get on tomorrow!

I had the ultrasound and blood today. They're happy with the progress and like the fact everything is still "resting " size (10mm or smaller). I now have 5 follicles instead of just 2. They've upped my meds to be on 750 of folistim dividing it into 300 in the am and 450 at night. I'm up to 6-8 pokes a day.

That's good you've got more follicles. When do you have another scan?

Least early scans mean you're not waiting all day!

Hi ladies, can I join you? Not really been on this site regularly since DD was a baby (she starts school in a couple of weeks). We've been TTC number 2 for 3 years. DD was natural, although was the same month I had an HSG so I think that helped. We finally went for a fertility referral earlier this year and discovered I had massive scarring in my womb (probably from c-section or infection) which is causing me to have a really thin womb lining and stopping me from getting pregnant. I'm 44 which adds to the challenge. I had a hysteroscopy recently to try to remove the scarring. I'm on CD2 of the first IVF cycle. I started the Gonal F injections today. I felt very brave at managing it! I already feel tired and thirsty and am wondering if these are side effects. I look forward to sharing this journey with you all. We're going privately at Guys in London. X

Welcome! I hope all goes well for you in this cycle. I don't take those meds so I'm not sure about side effects.

Update for me: got the call today we may cancel the cycle. Apparently my follies are just not growing at the same rate. Feeling really depressed and defeated.

Oh no. When will you find out for sure? That sounds really tough. Have you done IVF before? I'm a first timer so I've no clue yet about follicle growth rate. Any idea why it's happening the way it is and if anything can be done about it? X

Welcome! I hope all goes well for you in this cycle. I don't take those meds so I'm not sure about side effects.

Update for me: got the call today we may cancel the cycle. Apparently my follies are just not growing at the same rate. Feeling really depressed and defeated.

Oh no. When will they make that decision?

Hi ladies, can I join you? Not really been on this site regularly since DD was a baby (she starts school in a couple of weeks). We've been TTC number 2 for 3 years. DD was natural, although was the same month I had an HSG so I think that helped. We finally went for a fertility referral earlier this year and discovered I had massive scarring in my womb (probably from c-section or infection) which is causing me to have a really thin womb lining and stopping me from getting pregnant. I'm 44 which adds to the challenge. I had a hysteroscopy recently to try to remove the scarring. I'm on CD2 of the first IVF cycle. I started the Gonal F injections today. I felt very brave at managing it! I already feel tired and thirsty and am wondering if these are side effects. I look forward to sharing this journey with you all. We're going privately at Guys in London. X

Hi leeze!
Hope your cycle is going well. Don't think I'll be injexting for another 6 weeks yet.

Hi ladies. Quick update from me is that I'm on CD11 and at the last scan I had 7 follicles growing and my lining was 6.7mm. The consultant was happy with that, although I remember him saying previously that ideally it should be 7mm for implantation. I've got my next scan on Monday and egg collection will probably be Thursday or thereabouts. I'm feeling tired and cranky at the moment, but excited too!

For my update we have a retrieval back last Thursday. We found out only 2 of 5 eggies made it to maturity. Of those 2, 1 fertilized and it arrested the next morning. Both eggs were dark, one has two polar DNA sets from me (meaning it would have 3 after dh, it did not fertilize) and the other was so severely fragmented (the one that arrested the next morning). Waiting to touch base with the RE late October for a new cycle in November. Hope all of you had better luck than I did.

For my update we have a retrieval back last Thursday. We found out only 2 of 5 eggies made it to maturity. Of those 2, 1 fertilized and it arrested the next morning. Both eggs were dark, one has two polar DNA sets from me (meaning it would have 3 after dh, it did not fertilize) and the other was so severely fragmented (the one that arrested the next morning). Waiting to touch base with the RE late October for a new cycle in November. Hope all of you had better luck than I did.

So sorry honey. Can they learn from it and do anything different next time? Hope the new cycle works out for you xx

Me too. Hubby is starting clomid this week to boost his numbers aND I'm trying to stick to an auto immune paleo diet. Here's hoping the RE can learn from this cycle and will have a solid plan next cycle.

Hello ladies,

I am new here and was wondering if I can join in on the convo?

Nolimitxox I am so sorry to hear about your eggies. I will be sending you good vibes for your next cycle.

Leeze - how did your retrieval go today?

I am just starting the IVF process and would love to have some buddies through the process. We have been TTC for 3 years and have done 4 rounds of IUI since January. I have my trial transfer on Monday and then our meeting with the doctor on Oct. 3rd to find out exactly what medication I will be on and the timing for our retrieval.

Do you know if the trial transfer hurts? Is it like an IUI or HSG? Any info would be great. My DH is out of town so my mom is coming with me. I read some horror stories and am freaking myself out.

Nolimit - sorry to hear that Hun, hope you have a new plan soon

Leeze did you have EC yet?

Alysecin - welcome! Are you having a fresh IVF cycle? I've never had a trial transfer, but my actual embryo transfer didn't hurt, just little bit uncomfy like an internal scan

AFM - AF due tomorrow, I've started cramping so hopefully won't be too late. Then need to phone nurses to get my drugs ready and sign consent

Emily - Yes, it is a fresh IVF cycle. I am currently on bcp's. I think I will be on them for 2 more weeks, 4 wks total. Any tips on what I can do to make this work :)

Me too. Hubby is starting clomid this week to boost his numbers aND I'm trying to stick to an auto immune paleo diet. Here's hoping the RE can learn from this cycle and will have a solid plan next cycle.

Sounds good. Have you ever tried acupuncture? I had it for 3 months before conceiving DD. I've been going for about 6 months this time round. Hoping things work out better for you this month

My update is that I had egg retrieval today and they got 5 eggs. The consultant was happy with that given my age. Now I need to wait to see how they develop. Fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->