Starting IVF Sept/Oct - UK - anyone else?

Hello everyone, I'm new here.

The short version - I'm 39.99 (I turn 40 during my TWW if all goes well... not sure how much of a groanfest that will be :p). I am on my second last day of shots. Trigger shot tomorrow and ER/EC on Tuesday. And then we have to see how it goes... Trying to be realistic, but hopeful, but realistic, but hopeful, but.... (you know how it goes).

We've had several failed cycles of Clomid over the years and a few years back, OH got real sick and it brought on male factor issues.

So that's me in a nutshell.

Hi and welcome!

I had DD at 39 and am 44 now so I get it re being realistic but also it happens to plenty of us around and over 40.

How did EC go? Wishing you all the luck in the world

Leeze - Only one more week until you test!!! How exciting!! How are you feeling?

tw76 - Welcome! Good luck with your retrieval tomorrow! Keep us posted on how it goes.

Emily - Any updates?

We had our pre-ART today with the doctor. Looks like they are going to clear the scar tissue when they do the retrieval so we will not have to push anything back. We are so relieved. We will start our MDL injections on Wednesday 10/12 and stimulants on 10/14. Retrieval will happen the week of 10/23.

That all sounds really positive! Great news..hope it goes well

Alycesin - that's great news!

Leeze - that's only 5 days away! How exiting!!

Tw - hope EC went well?

So this is like the longest month ever! Signing consent etc on the 17th then got to wait for AF. Baseline scan cd1-3 then injections start cd6

Not long to go!! Hope this is your month

So, my update is that I'm trying hard to not have high expectations as I know the stats are against me. I have had some fluttering feelings in the right kind of place but realise that could just be the hormones/meds. I am really tired but not sleeping well. Keep waking up for a pee. Am really bloated! Testing on Sunday and still determined to wait till then. Happy to have a spare little frostie. I think I'd be finding this a lot harder if I didn't because I know we've got another chance if this doesn't work. I didn't realise the cost though - we got our bill for £700 yesterday

So, my update is that I'm trying hard to not have high expectations as I know the stats are against me. I have had some fluttering feelings in the right kind of place but realise that could just be the hormones/meds. I am really tired but not sleeping well. Keep waking up for a pee. Am really bloated! Testing on Sunday and still determined to wait till then. Happy to have a spare little frostie. I think I'd be finding this a lot harder if I didn't because I know we've got another chance if this doesn't work. I didn't realise the cost though - we got our bill for £700 yesterday

Leeze - Positive Vibes! This could be the month! Only 3 more days til testing!! That is very scary but exciting. Let us know. Is the 700 for freezing and storing? Our cost is $1650. So it could be worse :)

Leeze - Positive Vibes! This could be the month! Only 3 more days til testing!! That is very scary but exciting. Let us know. Is the 700 for freezing and storing? Our cost is $1650. So it could be worse :)

Yes, for freezing and storing for 12 months. We had been hoping to have a little holiday in a few weeks but that's our holiday money gone. Will be worth it for a BFP though!

Yes, for freezing and storing for 12 months. We had been hoping to have a little holiday in a few weeks but that's our holiday money gone. Will be worth it for a BFP though!

Yes, I guess sometimes we have to look at the bigger picture. BUT, it still sucks that we have to cancel or change our plans because of the financial burden this has on us.

Good luck to you. Keep us posted. Sending lots of good vibes your way!!!

Hi can I join?

I'm 42 with unexplained fertility. Had self funded IVF in 2013 which resulted in my dd, we're hoping this 2nd cycle of self funded IVF will result in a baby sibling for her..she has an older sister with a 19 years age gap!

Had ET on Monday with a 3 day embryo (only produced one egg.. but it only takes one). Now in the 2ww, trying hard not to dwell on it but it kind of takes over your life lol!

Good luck ladies & fingers crossed that we'll all get our bfps😘

Welcome Lexus. Thats amazing you had your DD through your first cycle of IVF. I'm on my first cycle now. Meant to be testing Sunday according to my consultant but I think I'm going to do it tomorrow as it's killing me now. Felt a bit crampy and sore back. Tired too. But recognise these could all be to do with the the meds. How are you feeling after your transfer?

Caved in and tested this morning..11dp3dt..BFN..gutted. I know it's possibly too early but it was a test that supposedly can tell 4 days early.

It's so hard not to test but Leeze if you can leave it for a few days then test, lots of women get bfn before their bfp's..your embryos could still be implanting..fingers crossed for you.xx

So I'm 5dp3dt today and so want to poas I don't know how you longer I can hold out! Since ET I've been having some backache with mild tummy cramps & generally having mood swings lol..anyone else experience anything similar?��

So I'm 5dp3dt today and so want to poas I don't know how you longer I can hold out! Since ET I've been having some backache with mild tummy cramps & generally having mood swings lol..anyone else experience anything similar?��

I felt just like that for most of the 2WW. Cramps, twinges, backache, tiredness, headaches, bloating, abdominal pressure. Sorry to say it seems it can be to do with the progesterone as well as early pregnancy signs. Hope it's signs in your case. I tested BFN again today - this is the day the clinic told me to test - so I'm pretty sure I'm out

They told you to test 6dp3dt? I only tested 5dp5dt n I wasn't supposed to for another week! It was the faintest line ever!

Got everything crossed for you! It's so frustrating that symptoms for BFP, AF and progesterone are all the same!

I felt just like that for most of the 2WW. Cramps, twinges, backache, tiredness, headaches, bloating, abdominal pressure. Sorry to say it seems it can be to do with the progesterone as well as early pregnancy signs. Hope it's signs in your case. I tested BFN again today - this is the day the clinic told me to test - so I'm pretty sure I'm out

Leeze, I just saw this post. Are you going into the doctors office to do blood work at all or did they just say a home test will do? I can't imagine what you are going thru. Sending you lots of :hugs:

AF came today so definitely out. My clinic don't do blood work. You get a HPT to take 16 days after egg collection and they rely on that. So, for me it was 13dp3dt. We're going to see the consultant tomorrow to discuss next steps. Good luck everyone else x

Leeze - I am so sorry. How did your appointment with the consultant go? Are you going to do a FET in the next few months?

Lexus - Any update?

I had my baseline appointment this morning and started my meds today. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly from here on out.

Hi ladies..

Leeze..sorry for your bfn did the hospital do a beta? Good luck moving forward.

Alycesin..good luck with your cycle hope you get lots of strong healthy eggs!

Emily..congrats on your bfp!

Today i'm 10dp3dt decided to poas & I got a very very faint line if you stand by the window and twist it around. Not really counting it as a bfp until I see a solid 2nd pink line esp as I've been having some mad cramps and what I can only call pressure in my groin region (left side) I'm praying that this embie sticks & does what it's suppose to!

Fx & sticky baby dust.xx

thanks Lexus but I've not started yet! That was for my dd!

Got everything crossed that your line gets darker

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"