Starting IVF Sept/Oct - UK - anyone else?

Hello ladies,

I am new here and was wondering if I can join in on the convo?

Nolimitxox I am so sorry to hear about your eggies. I will be sending you good vibes for your next cycle.

Leeze - how did your retrieval go today?

I am just starting the IVF process and would love to have some buddies through the process. We have been TTC for 3 years and have done 4 rounds of IUI since January. I have my trial transfer on Monday and then our meeting with the doctor on Oct. 3rd to find out exactly what medication I will be on and the timing for our retrieval.

Do you know if the trial transfer hurts? Is it like an IUI or HSG? Any info would be great. My DH is out of town so my mom is coming with me. I read some horror stories and am freaking myself out.

Welcome! I've never heard of a trial transfer so can't help, sorry. We've been TTC 3 years too. 4 lots of IUI, that must have been an emotional rollercoaster. Hoping the IVF gets you your BFP x

Emily - did you have your DD through IVF? Fingers crossed this cycle works for you x

Yep had a fresh IVF cycle in April 2013.

AF was due today but hasn't shown up yet, gutted

Yep had a fresh IVF cycle in April 2013.

AF was due today but hasn't shown up yet, gutted

Why does AF never come when you want it and always comes when you don't? X

My update - I'm going tomorrow for a day 3 transfer. On Sat they told me that 3 of the eggs had fertilised and they're recommending a day 3 transfer because of my age and the low number of eggs. Fingers and everything crossed

Oh my goodness good luck leeze!! Got everything crossed for you!

AF came late yesterday! Will be phoning the clinic tomorrow morning to get things ready to start drugs xx

Leeze - Good Luck today. Sending you good vibes from the states!!!

Emily - glad to hear that AF arrived. Good luck to you too.

My doctor gave me a choice on what progesterone support to use (Crinone, Endometrin or Progesterone in oil). Any recommendations?

Thanks,
A

Leeze - How did your transfer go?

I went in for my trial transfer & Sonohysterogram yesterday and they found scar tissue in my uterus. Sooo, I will have to have a hysteroscopy before we move forward with the IUI. Waiting to hear from the doctor when this will occur. Will it ever end???

Leeze - Good Luck today. Sending you good vibes from the states!!!

Emily - glad to hear that AF arrived. Good luck to you too.

My doctor gave me a choice on what progesterone support to use (Crinone, Endometrin or Progesterone in oil). Any recommendations?

Thanks,
A

I'm taking progesterone suppositories called cycloglast. When I first got them I Googled side effects and was a bit anxious about taking them. But no problems so far. I've never heard of progesterone oil.

Leeze - How did your transfer go?

I went in for my trial transfer & Sonohysterogram yesterday and they found scar tissue in my uterus. Sooo, I will have to have a hysteroscopy before we move forward with the IUI. Waiting to hear from the doctor when this will occur. Will it ever end???

That sounds very frustrating but it's good they found the scar tissue first though. We'd been trying for 3 years for our second when we finally went to see the fertility consultant. I had a hysteroscopy because my lining was so thin and he said I had the worst scarring he'd seen and that's what stopped me getting pregnant as it had a big impact on my womb lining and meant my uterus couldn't support implantation. I know it's really frustrating, I had to wait nearly 3 months for my hysteroscopy and time is ticking away..But then hopefully we have the best chance possible at the IVF succeeding. Do you know how long you'll have to wait to have it done?

My update is that all 3 of my fertilised eggs had developed normally and they called them "top grade". Because of my age I had 2 put back. We've left one to see if it will develop into a blastocyst and can be frozen. I'm now in the 2WW! It's a long time since I was in the 2WW and felt any sense of hope (of course I'm also now worried about the possibility of twins!)

Leeze - that is great news about your transfer! Will be sending you good vibes over the next 2 weeks. Fingers crossed!!!!

We go in Monday to talk to the doctor and find out timing for everything. Hopfully it is not a 3 month wait. DH is traveling to Mexico in February and we want to get the IVF taken care of before he leaves.

I had some good news today. My 3rd embryo has developed enough to be frozen. So if this cycle doesn't work we've got another chance without having to go through egg collection, all the stims meds and the full expense of a new cycle. I'm so pleased

How wonderful!!! And if this cycle does work, you can hold onto that embryo for your next one :)

That's fab news Leeze! Congrats on being PUPO. When are you testing?

How wonderful!!! And if this cycle does work, you can hold onto that embryo for your next one :)

I'm 44 so can't imagine having any more if this cycle did work. But, I've already started thinking that it would seem really weird to have one in storage and not use it!! Don't tell OH though!

That's fab news Leeze! Congrats on being PUPO. When are you testing?

I'm meant to be testing on 9th Oct, that's what the clinic have said. I'm going to try to hold out as long as possible so I can stay hopeful..but not sure I can last that long!!

Hello everyone, I'm new here.

The short version - I'm 39.99 (I turn 40 during my TWW if all goes well... not sure how much of a groanfest that will be :p). I am on my second last day of shots. Trigger shot tomorrow and ER/EC on Tuesday. And then we have to see how it goes... Trying to be realistic, but hopeful, but realistic, but hopeful, but.... (you know how it goes).

We've had several failed cycles of Clomid over the years and a few years back, OH got real sick and it brought on male factor issues.

So that's me in a nutshell.

Leeze - Only one more week until you test!!! How exciting!! How are you feeling?

tw76 - Welcome! Good luck with your retrieval tomorrow! Keep us posted on how it goes.

Emily - Any updates?

We had our pre-ART today with the doctor. Looks like they are going to clear the scar tissue when they do the retrieval so we will not have to push anything back. We are so relieved. We will start our MDL injections on Wednesday 10/12 and stimulants on 10/14. Retrieval will happen the week of 10/23.

Alycesin - that's great news!

Leeze - that's only 5 days away! How exiting!!

Tw - hope EC went well?

So this is like the longest month ever! Signing consent etc on the 17th then got to wait for AF. Baseline scan cd1-3 then injections start cd6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->