Starting to worry due to belly size...help please?

Aurora Rose

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I'm sorry if this is silly, I actually feel pretty stupid when I think about it. I took a picture of my baby bump last weekend when I was 10+1 because I woke up looking like I swallowed a small balloon or something, I just totally popped overnight. (Carrying twins btw). Well, I'm 11+2 today, I suppose pretty much 11+3 really, but my bump seems to be the same. Is this cause for worry? I'm very worried that they aren't growing well or something. I have an apointment Friday for a 12 week scan. Do any of you have experience with something like this?

I wouldn't worry, they gain slowly in the first trimester

I wouldn't be concerned. They are so small at that stage. To be honest I would probably think your bump was more down to bloating (common in first tri) rather than the size of your babies. They can easily hide in your body at this stage.

I wouldn't be concerned. They are so small at that stage. To be honest I would probably think your bump was more down to bloating (common in first tri) rather than the size of your babies. They can easily hide in your body at this stage.

At my first appointment when I found out I was actually pregnant...at 9w 4d (I was clueless/in denial because hubs had a vasectomy...!!!)....she could easily feel my uterus and was able to do nice clear abdominal scans. This is my 3rd pregnancy, and twins, small frame and I was showing a bit by 14 weeks with my 2nd. But I suppose I won't rule out bloating. That would definitely make me feel much better in regards to the lack of change!! :sad1:

Thanks ladies. :hugs:

They are still so tiny yet, they are not at a stage of gaining pounds per week so you wont balloon out fast.

No definitely not something to worry about, I was actually just looking at my bump pics from when I was pregnant with my son and between 23 and 26 weeks my bump didn't grow, looks the same size and then by 30 weeks I was loads bigger. They'll be tiny at the moment. I'm sure in a few weeks you'll see a difference.

It's natural to worry, we all worry...from the moment we find out we are pregnant til the day we die we will worry about about children x

Even in late second and third tri with my daughter, my bump would be one size one week and smaller the next bc I was bloated the week before! And my uterus is easily felt right now and I sometimes look genuinely pregnant but it's totally just bloat. I wouldn't worry at all. I've read about people getting shrinking bumps in mid second tri and baby was fine. Bodies are just weird!

I should add, when I say I wouldn't worry, I totally would lol. I would worry about everything I try to comfort people about. We all will worry and it's not our fault and don't feel bad or irrational for worrying. Just try to comfort yourself knowing it happens to tons of other women.

Having never been pregnant with twins (or at least as far as I know... haven't got an ultrasound yet with this pregnancy) but having babies big enough to make me look like I was carrying twins by the third trimester, I remember having a lot of bloat in the beginning. I didn't start to show until 12 weeks while laying on my back and 14-16 weeks while standing up. With twins, you might actually be showing at 10+ weeks because of the simple fact that there's two but you will still be retaining some bloat as well. The bloat often lasts the entire pregnancy because your digestive system slows down and food goes through your body much more slowly, it just gets harder to tell the difference between bloat or baby when the baby - or in your case babies - starts growing. Congrats on the twins btw!

Aurora-- I bet your uterus popped. I remember in your BFP thread you could already feel it. Bet it popped out of your pelvic cavity, and that's when you noticed the big bump. Now that that's happened the changes will be slow-going as bubs are so small yet!

Where at in the southern us? I'm in Louisiana :D

Thanks for all the responses ladies. I haven't been pregnant for almost 8 years so I really can't remember what things felt like, especially first tri. I'm trying not to worry or dwell on things, I know that's no good for the babes.

And Cookie 1979, you're SO right. The (luckily very few) times that I've been truly and completely terrified, have been situations involving my children's safety. That deep, primal fear that I think only mothers ever really experience.

Aurora-- I bet your uterus popped. I remember in your BFP thread you could already feel it. Bet it popped out of your pelvic cavity, and that's when you noticed the big bump. Now that that's happened the changes will be slow-going as bubs are so small yet!

Where at in the southern us? I'm in Louisiana :D

I'm on the Florida Panhandle. :hugs:

I am also pregnant with twins and i've popped already but no change since 9 weeks i'm 11 weeks today, I had a scan on Saturday and they are on target xx

I'm carrying twins and my bump has seemed to stay the same or even get smaller some weeks, and then suddenly look like I've gained a month's worth of growth overnight. Your babies are about 12-20 grams at 11 weeks so they could fit into a teaspoon right now (https://www.twinstuff.com/twinweights.htm), they are still growing. Variations in your size are due to swelling, bloat, etc.

Congrats on your twins! I can't believe you got a surprise after a vasectomy AND there's two babies in there! That must have been such a shock!
you must be looking forward to seeing your little beans at your 12 week scan 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->