starting weaning

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
ive decided im going to start weaning leyla tomorrow but i am soooo scared, what if i do it wrong lol? what if i make her ill? is there anything i need to do, or anything i need to remember cos i really do not have a clue about this!

i am starting her on a tip of teaspoon of baby rice, just before one feed, but then i dont know how quickly to progress from there? i am giving her baby rice only for the first week then going on to purees but how do i do the baby rice, so one tip of teaspoon on the first day, then gradually increase until one teaspoon by the end of the week?

sorry for all the questions but i am really worrying lol

x

from what i found with maddi, i took it slowly, and stayed on baby for baby 2 weeks, i simply made up a little, and gave her what she wanted. leyla will tell you how much she wants hon, just see how she goes. its fun when you get going! lots of luck xx

thank you hun, im pretty ecxcited, just realllly scared and convinced im not ready yet haha, my baby is too young! how am i weaning her already?? lol

x

I did the same as Carly, just make some up and she'll take what she wants, she probably wont even eat much if any for the first couple of days but she'll soon get the hang of it :)

Like everyone else says, make some up and just follow her lead hun, more will prob come out than goes in for a few days but she will get the hang. Also a lot of babies wont eat baby rice at all because it tastes of nothing but we tried Paddy on some baby cereal and he loved it for a first taste of solids. Good luck xx

I used the chart sent to me by hipp as a guide but you can down load it here if you dont want to join the club:
https://www.hipp.co.uk/weaningchart/

just started really gently. moving to purees now!! Very exciting! Try notto look anxious when you feed her, she'll pick up on it. Good luck :D

yes stay relaxed as possible or she will pick up on it. and make a bit up in a bowl as the others said and give her what she wants, she will let u know when she has had enough. I started Rosie last week, she is still unsure but getting there x

I mixed my baby cereal with breastmilk as suggested by our Health Nurse. He thought (and still thinks) it's yummy. If your formula feeding then you can always use some of the formula. Makes it taste familar.

ok so i gave her the first bit of baby rice today, i made up a small bit and put some on the end of her spoon and put it on her lips...hahaha u should have seen the face she pulled! she hated every second of it, she didnt cry or anything, just the ew faces she was pulling lmfao, we videoed it and im well going to use it when she's older!! was sooo cute though!

x

ok so i gave her the first bit of baby rice today, i made up a small bit and put some on the end of her spoon and put it on her lips...hahaha u should have seen the face she pulled! she hated every second of it, she didnt cry or anything, just the ew faces she was pulling lmfao, we videoed it and im well going to use it when she's older!! was sooo cute though!

x

haha, the first taste of anything i give Fred is like 'what the hell is this?!'

but he soon opens wide for more! she will get hang of it, like others have said just go at her pace she will soon be wolfing 3 meals! Fred had scrambled egg and toast for lunch today! enjoy hon xxx

thanks XD she had more yesterday and didnt seem to hate it that much...i made it a bit runnier than i did the first day so maybe thats why? it looked just like milk haha

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->