static growth? update baby is fine :)

lovelylaura

3 little girls
Reaction score
Just been to midwife and baby is still measuring at 32 CMS have got to go to hospital tomorrow for monitoring any one else the same?

my wee one isnt growing at the 'right' rate either so theyve been scanning me at least every 2 weeks up until 2 weeks ago wen they said theyd like to wait 4 weeks to get a better idea of her growth rate. She was 4lb 7 the last time so thats hardly tiny tiny in my eyes so i think theyre just makin sure that she is actually puttin on weight no matter how tiny an amount. worrying but at least they keep an eye on us :hugs:

Thankyou I just hope she is alright in there its so worrying , midwife didn't seem too worried because she is moving fine but still I know I'm not going to sleep tonight just want to make sure she is ok. Hope your lil un keeps putting a bit a lil bit of weight on :hugs:

it could just be that baby has dropped a bit so your bump hasnt changed!fundal height isnt very accurate. Hopefully tommrow you will be more reassured tommrow x

I have the midwife tomorrow so will see whether I am still measuring behind.

Last time I was 2cms/2 weeks behind. My bump is small for 27 weeks so I am starting to worry slightly.

All babies grow at different rates and fundal height isn't really that accurate. Some will have growth spurts and then slow down later on or vice versa. I'm sure they will probably give you a scan if they are concerned but I wouldn't worry!

I will add when I went to the hospital they said fundal height isn't accurate at all... it can change from hour to hour depending on how baby is laying.

o gosh, we've just been through this. At 31 weeks I was still measuring 27 cm (fundal height) so the midwife referred me for a growth scan to make sure all is well. Of course her silly worried looking face was enough to send my anxiety running away with me as I did the dreaded Google search!

Upshot for me was ...... baby measured a ok on the scan, measuring bob on for dates. The sonographer said not measuring 'accurately' is quite common, and that there is rarely anything to worry about.

Hope you're not getting too worked up? Looking at your ticker, you only seem 2 cm out, is that right? I was told 2/3cm either side wasn't a concern, but at least you get to put your mind at rest now rather than wait and see if bump has grown over the next 2 weeks.

xxxxx

yeh its only 2 cms out but because she hasnt grown at all in the last 2/3 weeks , im not too worried she did try and get me a scan there and then but they didnt have any spaces but im sure if she was really worried they would have fitted me in , will find out tomorrow i guess :)

I had a stress with this last week, they were worried that baby hadn't grown from one scan to the next, 9 days apart. Upshot is scans were too close together and she is growing just fine, I can't believe that any baby grows to a line!!! MW who scanned said that as long as belly is nice and big all ok and also as long as you're feeling movement should be fine. Try not to worry, I know easier said than done but am sure all is fine x x

Hey,I've had this too,was told bby was tiny when scanned at 24wks,went for a growth scan at 28wks and bby has grown slightly,but they found my amniotic fluid was low so going for another scan 2moro.saw midwife today who said the baby was dinky,I'm measuring 26.5 but am 28.5,I've been told due to my waters being low that maybe why my bump looks smaller.Am sure your be fine though bbys have growth spurts.I was told my 1st would be small and she was nearly 8lbs!

hiya thankyou all for sharing your experiences made me feel so much better about it all , had a growth scan and everything is fine baby is measuring perfectly and weighs about 5lbs :D she must just be well tucked in there lol :flower: :happydance:

hiya thankyou all for sharing your experiences made me feel so much better about it all , had a growth scan and everything is fine baby is measuring perfectly and weighs about 5lbs :D she must just be well tucked in there lol :flower: :happydance:

Great news!!! :happydance: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->