• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

step parents support thread

havent been here for a while!
Having abit of a time of it tonight. SS put Leo on the stairs and then watched as he thumped down the stairs bashing his head into the stairgate. He just watched and didnt even pick him up when he started screaming :growlmad: Then OH just glared at me :dohh: Every time we have SS we row and a few weeks ago we exploded and I told him id had enough and he packed to leave for his parents before I begged him to stay. I seriously dont know how il cope once we have this baby. Il basically be carrying 2 babies with me all the time hes here to keep them safe. If I leave them alone I hear a thud and Leo crying and SS laughing :growlmad: His mum said its normal and what kids do. Im not a violent person but Im so close to confronting her one day. OH just wont complain because hes scared of what BM will do (he wont declare him paying her money for SS so OH cant set up a formal agreement because she'll be in trouble for fraud from benefits, and she can say hes never paid and he'll have a 10 yr bill to pay)
Im dreading when they find out about the new baby as she caused so much trouble and early labout for me last time. Really dont know what to do about it all

Oh sweetie - I really feel for you. :hugs: I understand how you feel about not being able to leave your LO alone with him. What does your OH say when you talk to him about it? He must see what his son is doing is injuring your child?!

If it helps I kind of know how you feel - For the last month or so we have spent every weekend rowing over something SS has done or not done! He has also been here friday, saturday and sunday for the last 3 weeks which is more than our "arranged days" and DH hasn't reduced the amount of maintenance he's paying. Stomping around once LO is in bed, making noise on purpose, jumping on the sofa, swinging on the stair gates to the point where the plaster on the wall is cracking, purposly being arguementative with both me and his dad and encouraging rough and violent behaviour in LO! :growlmad: I'm really dreading the weekends - he's the only thing my OH and I ever row about! A little boy! Who'd of thought it!!! :nope: :cry:

The things your step son does sounds so similar. OH knows what he does is bad, and tells him off but it goes in one ear out the other. Apparently his mum tells him off about it but we doubt it. Im not going to leave but sometimes its too much you know?
OH is always saying how SS is, is his upbringing. Hes had so much disruption because of his mum and her behaviour/boyfrineds/drama that its impossible to change how anything is. If OH disciplines him one way, his mum wont follow through with it. Leo is such a happy boy and Id hate for him to pick up on the swearing and acting up :nope:

Does anyone else feel that their partners ex is never happy? We have the kids every holiday or we should anyway and it costs a small fortune gettin them down from manchester. Last ear we hardly had them as William was so young but this year we have asked to have him every holiday and this half term she's said no because she wants him to go to his gran in Yorkshire who is an hours drive away and w could see any weekend!!

So we graciously said ok no problem only to find that he hasn't gone to his gran at all and has been at his mums all week!

She moans when we don't have him and she moans when was ask to him him every school break yet he wanted to come down when we asked him in may! After all the more he comes down the more at home e feels and the more of a bond he will have with his brothers and his dad!

It all drives me mad to be honest :(

Does anyone else feel that their partners ex is never happy? We have the kids every holiday or we should anyway and it costs a small fortune gettin them down from manchester. Last ear we hardly had them as William was so young but this year we have asked to have him every holiday and this half term she's said no because she wants him to go to his gran in Yorkshire who is an hours drive away and w could see any weekend!!

So we graciously said ok no problem only to find that he hasn't gone to his gran at all and has been at his mums all week!

She moans when we don't have him and she moans when was ask to him him every school break yet he wanted to come down when we asked him in may! After all the more he comes down the more at home e feels and the more of a bond he will have with his brothers and his dad!

i know what you mean! We took LO, OHs daughter and OHs neice to the zoo on Saturday for LOs 1st birthday. We had numerous phonecalls from 8am asking when we were coming/how dissapointed SD was we werent there yet/how dare we let her down! Then on leaving the zoo had again numerous texts saying why wasn she back home yet/we kept her out too long etc :dohh:

I also recieved a nasty PM on Facebook telling me to NEVER be in any photos with her daughter again, she saw some on OHs dads page when we were at the zoo :dohh:

WOW! thats a bit steep! i have load of pics of me and my step sons on fb and she has never said a word! sounds like she has insecurities!

I think as step parents, we will never win!

i like stress really I do.. Went to MILs yesterday and OH had to wait around for agaes for ex to answer her phone. He went up and then just as he got back form hers she phoned and demanded he bring a bulky old tv from MILs to exs house for SS. Apparently he needs the big tv because his eyes hurt :shrug: She then moaned to MIL that OH jsut sticks SS infront of the tv and doesnt bother with him (OH spends his whole time with SS trying to get him to leave the hosue but all he wants to do is play xbox) but she has just made OH take a big tv up to SSs room for him to play xbox on... OH has told me she tells SS to wait til she's done playing her game or watching tv til she can make him dinner or tend to him so who is she to say OH is terrible at being a dad? :growlmad: MIL also said shes been asking why I dont have a job - cheeky b :haha: Leo is 1 and I was made redundant where as she is sat at home with a 10 yr old and hasnt worked since before he was born :dohh: We think shes so concerned cos then we'll earn more money and that means she can have more off us.
OH hasnt said anything about the baby yet. Basically just MIL and FIL know. I had too much hassle with Leos pregnancy so dont want it again.
MIL also said the ex has been saying things to SS about us to turn him. Now im dreading SS being here next because Iv got no idea what lies she'd been spreading. OH hasnt had SS for a while, should have him weds cos OH gets paid so she needs him around. She couldnt care less about OH seeing his son as long as she gets money.
Now I just dont care because she's two faced and spreads rubbish about us to everyone she knows and her own son. As long as it doesnt hurt Leo and the new baby I dont care.

:( thats terrible case of sour grapes she has there! damed if you and and damned if you dont springs to mind. I'm so sorry hun, i hope she doesn't cause too much trouble when she finds out about the baby, to be honest, its nothing to do with her no does it affect how your SS should be treated etc, we have had a bit of it when noah was born but since they have moved 100's of miles away now in manchester we don't have a day in youngest SS's day to day life and she calls all the shots on everything so in a way i think we are blessed, even if she does twist and turn it all the time to her advantage!

Oh yeah all the time :shock: :(

i like stress really I do.. Went to MILs yesterday and OH had to wait around for agaes for ex to answer her phone. He went up and then just as he got back form hers she phoned and demanded he bring a bulky old tv from MILs to exs house for SS. Apparently he needs the big tv because his eyes hurt :shrug: She then moaned to MIL that OH jsut sticks SS infront of the tv and doesnt bother with him (OH spends his whole time with SS trying to get him to leave the hosue but all he wants to do is play xbox) but she has just made OH take a big tv up to SSs room for him to play xbox on... OH has told me she tells SS to wait til she's done playing her game or watching tv til she can make him dinner or tend to him so who is she to say OH is terrible at being a dad? :growlmad: MIL also said shes been asking why I dont have a job - cheeky b :haha: Leo is 1 and I was made redundant where as she is sat at home with a 10 yr old and hasnt worked since before he was born :dohh: We think shes so concerned cos then we'll earn more money and that means she can have more off us.
OH hasnt said anything about the baby yet. Basically just MIL and FIL know. I had too much hassle with Leos pregnancy so dont want it again.
MIL also said the ex has been saying things to SS about us to turn him. Now im dreading SS being here next because Iv got no idea what lies she'd been spreading. OH hasnt had SS for a while, should have him weds cos OH gets paid so she needs him around. She couldnt care less about OH seeing his son as long as she gets money.
Now I just dont care because she's two faced and spreads rubbish about us to everyone she knows and her own son. As long as it doesnt hurt Leo and the new baby I dont care.

:hugs:

She can eff off with expecting more money if you work. CSA doesn't count any earnings you may have. Old rules counted partners earnings but not any more :flow:

:( thats terrible case of sour grapes she has there! damed if you and and damned if you dont springs to mind. I'm so sorry hun, i hope she doesn't cause too much trouble when she finds out about the baby, to be honest, its nothing to do with her no does it affect how your SS should be treated etc, we have had a bit of it when noah was born but since they have moved 100's of miles away now in manchester we don't have a day in youngest SS's day to day life and she calls all the shots on everything so in a way i think we are blessed, even if she does twist and turn it all the time to her advantage!

It's true step parents are pretty much in the wrong in someones eyes no matter what we do but all we can do is our best and be proud of it xx

Hiya everyone :wave:

How are you all?

Not much to report here, DH's ex is still being moronic - nothing I haven't already told y'all though!

The school holidays have started up here now so she'll probably send the boys off to her sister in Ireland again without telling us, rather than entertain the idea of them coming to us :dohh:

xx

Hi Ladies! :flower:

All is well here - in the midst of potty training..............:wacko:

I've come to the conclusion that SS is only naughty when he's bored - so we need to solve the boredom issue and fingers crossed DH stops letting him get away with murder!!?!?!??! :growlmad::dohh:

Hugs to you all :hugs:

I hope you guys make good progress with both the potty training and SS's behaviour Lownthwaite :)

xx

Well.... My prediction was correct - I got in from work today and dh had chatted on fb to one of his sons, they're over in Ireland for 5 weeks so most of the holidays. First we'd heard. Since the ex never speaks to dh he's said he's more upset the boys never mentioned anything, they're old enough... But imo she is to blame as she tells them a lot of crap about their dad and in all probability makes them feel bad for wanting contact with him :nope:

Ho hum.

Well.... My prediction was correct - I got in from work today and dh had chatted on fb to one of his sons, they're over in Ireland for 5 weeks so most of the holidays. First we'd heard. Since the ex never speaks to dh he's said he's more upset the boys never mentioned anything, they're old enough... But imo she is to blame as she tells them a lot of crap about their dad and in all probability makes them feel bad for wanting contact with him :nope:

Ho hum.

Aww that's horrible - she's sent them to Ireland for 5 weeks! Without even telling you guys?! When are they meant to see their dad? :shrug::nope:

Ho hum.

Aww that's horrible - she's sent them to Ireland for 5 weeks! Without even telling you guys?! When are they meant to see their dad? :shrug::nope:

I know :( It's always like this... it breaks my heart :nope:

i havnt posted in here in a while but feeling pretty rubbish atm.
i have really had it with being a step mum to a spoilt child and my MIL is going to push me over the edge.

my daughter went camping with MIL, her partner and SD.
all weekend SD has been a spoilt, horribly behaved girl according to my DD.
firstly MIL would buy them both a toy but SD would then want what DD has so kick and scream until she got it. DD would ask for the same to even it out to be told no. baring in mind my DD is not related to MIL by blood as she is from a previous relationship, but i STRONGLY believe the kids should be treat the same. this is not the case with MIL. the things i could write about her would more than likely have eyes popping out of their heads.

MIL often gave SD more money than DD,
SD was vile to DD saying things like my son with my current partner (SD's dad) is not DD's real brother but is SD's brother.....just daft kids stuff like this but at the same time very nasty. my daughter was miserable the whole time.

other stuff happened like if my daughter was singing in the car or said she liked a song SD would tell her nannie she wanted it turning off and they would.
SD would eat all her chewing gum then ask for DD's even though she didnt like them and instantly spat them out.....she would ask, spit out and ask and spit out. if DD said no then MIL would say don't be so selfish, give her one, she has none left and you do.
SD would cry when she had anything less than DD even though DD had saved what little money she got for the arcades. SD would spend all and get more, DD would be careful but when all was spent, ask for more and be told no, she has had enough.

MIL was asked by DD to save some money and MIL would not give it her back when DD asked.
i am disgusted by all of this behaviour....
i spoke to OH last night after DD confided in me about what a miserable time she had.
he said he would speak to his mum but DD said "NO she will blame me and be horrible to me when i go there next time"
which in the past has been true.
MIL clearly doesnt want my ten year old daughter around but knows it would cause problems if she had my son and not my daughter as in the past we have had disagreements about her trying to take over with my son, feeding him beer, smoking in the car with him and then calling me a bad mum for picking him up at 12am after an argument about hearing the above. i hate that my son goes there, she is a vile woman who drinks too much and treats my OH like crap.
she has on many occasions spoken to DD like a piece of rubbish from the floor and i have witnessed it yet to keep the peace i keep my mouth shut.

it really makes me soo soo angry! all of this! luckily SD moaned to go back to MIL's before OH went to work today, i am so so relieved as she was supposed to be here yesterday and today.
sometimes i feel like i am overreacting and its all in my head but OH has started noticing all of this. my friends have too.

i give up to be honest. i can discipline SD when she is here with me but i have no say how she behaves with MIL, all i can say is i wont let my DD go again when SD is there.

this morning my SD and DD were watching tv, OH was asleep on the sofa with DS, SD began to shout her dad becoming increasingly louder.
DD said be quiet sis please, dad is asleep and so is little bro, if you want to get dressed you can.
so SD carries on shouting, pulling faces at DD, raising her hand to hit her and making rude remarks about DD.
DD said she is telling dad.
SD walks out and OH says its ok, i heard all of that. i will speak to abbie.

i didnt see any of what has happened only from what DD and OH have told me.

SD is a very selfish little girl. she hates my daughter, hates me and doesnt want us around. she constantly wants attention from her father, hounds our 7month old to the point where i have to remove him from the room as he is trying to sleep and she wont leave him be.
she doesnt like anyone else holding or playing with DS unless its me, whom she cannot act the way she does with.

i have taken to hiding in the bedroom sometimes when she comes for hours on end because i get so anxious about being around her i just feel its best to avoid her.

i feel that she fears me because i dont stand for the crap everyone else does even though i fear her. she knows she cant get away with that stuff with me though and doesnt try until she thinks i am out of the way.

as a mother i am fair, i am strict but i am kind, with SD i dont lose face, i treat her exactly the way i treat my two children who live with me. i act as any parent would around her.
she must smell my fear though because if looks could kill........

SD's behaviour is mainly around MIL as they do not discipline her but she tries it here around her dad too. the only person she wont act up around is me strangely enough but she has her own ways of p***ing me off. if she is asked to speak to me for any reason she speaks through gritted teeth or stares at me with a chilling death stare, when alone with me she moans about how everything i do is not good enough, for instance her dinner tasted rubbish and she wished she was at nannies.

its making feel like utter crap. i dread the weekends she comes. i can't stand MIL because she undermines us and treats DD like crap and to top it off we are paying maintinence to SD's mum who is the biggest bitch on planet earth. talks to my partner like scum saying i want my money paid NOW....then goes running to MIL if there is a problem who then gets on at OH saying how can HE be so rude to be late paying her. we can barely afford food let alone these payments to her but i understand OH has his responsibilities.

i feel all this will break us.

above all of this i raised my DD right, she is polite, caring, helpful and responsible. she doesnt act up to any of SD's taunts and tries her absolute best to make SD happy when she is in our company. she took her out yesterday to play with her friends and SD hit DD several times after being told to stop it. today when SD asked to go out and play with DD, me and OH both said no.

gotta draw the line somewhere.
sorry for the massive rant. i need to vent so badly.
this is really getting to me.
thanks for readind.

i have really had it with being a step mum to a spoilt child and my MIL is going to push me over the edge.

firstly MIL would buy them both a toy but SD would then want what DD has so kick and scream until she got it. DD would ask for the same to even it out to be told no. baring in mind my DD is not related to MIL by blood as she is from a previous relationship, but i STRONGLY believe the kids should be treat the same. this is not the case with MIL. the things i could write about her would more than likely have eyes popping out of their heads.

SD was vile to DD saying things like my son with my current partner (SD's dad) is not DD's real brother but is SD's brother.....just daft kids stuff like this but at the same time very nasty. my daughter was miserable the whole time.

other stuff happened like if my daughter was singing in the car or said she liked a song SD would tell her nannie she wanted it turning off and they would.
SD would eat all her chewing gum then ask for DD's even though she didnt like them and instantly spat them out.....she would ask, spit out and ask and spit out. if DD said no then MIL would say don't be so selfish, give her one, she has none left and you do.
SD would cry when she had anything less than DD even though DD had saved what little money she got for the arcades. SD would spend all and get more, DD would be careful but when all was spent, ask for more and be told no, she has had enough.

MIL was asked by DD to save some money and MIL would not give it her back when DD asked.
i spoke to OH last night after DD confided in me about what a miserable time she had.
he said he would speak to his mum but DD said "NO she will blame me and be horrible to me when i go there next time"
MIL clearly doesnt want my ten year old daughter around but knows it would cause problems if she had my son and not my daughter as in the past we have had disagreements about her trying to take over with my son, feeding him beer, smoking in the car with him and then calling me a bad mum for picking him up at 12am after an argument about hearing the above. i hate that my son goes there, she is a vile woman who drinks too much and treats my OH like crap.
she has on many occasions spoken to DD like a piece of rubbish from the floor and i have witnessed it yet to keep the peace i keep my mouth shut.

it really makes me soo soo angry! all of this! luckily SD moaned to go back to MIL's before OH went to work today, i am so so relieved as she was supposed to be here yesterday and today.
sometimes i feel like i am overreacting and its all in my head but OH has started noticing all of this. my friends have too.

i give up to be honest. i can discipline SD when she is here with me but i have no say how she behaves with MIL, all i can say is i wont let my DD go again when SD is there.

this morning my SD and DD were watching tv, OH was asleep on the sofa with DS, SD began to shout her dad becoming increasingly louder.
DD said be quiet sis please, dad is asleep and so is little bro, if you want to get dressed you can.
so SD carries on shouting, pulling faces at DD, raising her hand to hit her and making rude remarks about DD.

SD is a very selfish little girl. she hates my daughter, hates me and doesnt want us around. she constantly wants attention from her father, hounds our 7month old to the point where i have to remove him from the room as he is trying to sleep and she wont leave him be.
she doesnt like anyone else holding or playing with DS unless its me, whom she cannot act the way she does with.

i have taken to hiding in the bedroom sometimes when she comes for hours on end because i get so anxious about being around her i just feel its best to avoid her.

i feel that she fears me because i dont stand for the crap everyone else does even though i fear her. she knows she cant get away with that stuff with me though and doesnt try until she thinks i am out of the way.

as a mother i am fair, i am strict but i am kind, with SD i dont lose face, i treat her exactly the way i treat my two children who live with me. i act as any parent would around her.

SD's behaviour is mainly around MIL as they do not discipline her but she tries it here around her dad too. the only person she wont act up around is me strangely enough but she has her own ways of p***ing me off. if she is asked to speak to me for any reason she speaks through gritted teeth or stares at me with a chilling death stare, when alone with me she moans about how everything i do is not good enough, for instance her dinner tasted rubbish and she wished she was at nannies.

its making feel like utter crap. i dread the weekends she comes. i can't stand MIL because she undermines us and treats DD like crap and to top it off we are paying maintinence to SD's mum who is the biggest bitch on planet earth. talks to my partner like scum saying i want my money paid NOW....then goes running to MIL if there is a problem who then gets on at OH saying how can HE be so rude to be late paying her. we can barely afford food let alone these payments to her but i understand OH has his responsibilities.

above all of this i raised my DD right, she is polite, caring, helpful and responsible. she doesnt act up to any of SD's taunts and tries her absolute best to make SD happy when she is in our company. she took her out yesterday to play with her friends and SD hit DD several times after being told to stop it. today when SD asked to go out and play with DD, me and OH both said no.

thanks for readind.

I'm so sorry I have only just seen this.
That sounds so terrible - we too are having a really hard time with my sd.

thanks for readind.

Oh no. I just feel like I need to give you a massive hug! :hugs::hugs:

What has been the outcome of you talking to DH and of DH talking to MIL and SD?

I know it sounds really harsh but from what you've said I think I'd be inclined to keep your DD and DS away from MIL when SD is around if MIL can't be fair (and maybe altogether in regards to the beer?!) and to not leave DD and DS unattended whilst SD is around if she can't be trusted to be nice. :nope:

:hugs::hugs:

Can I have some advice please ladies? Annabelle seems to have issues with some of the food she's been eating, after porridge rusks or egg custard she has nasty tummy cramps and doesn't poo for days, she also has had a rash and I'm not sure whether all this would be down to food or something else? My milk isn't enough any more but I'm stuck for something staple to give her that won't upset her tummy she won't eat fruit or veg - to be honest she wants to eat anything I'm eating but when I give her something to try she freaks out :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->