Sterilisers

ArcaneSpark

Reaction score
Hello,

Has any-one done any research over cold water v microwave v electric steamers?

I plan to BF and pump later on for if I want to go out and leave baby home with DH.

TIA

x

I imagine cold water steralising or boiling would be a complete PITA.

With Liam we started out with an electric steam steraliser but where we were living it somehow made the electric cut out all the time. So I bought a microwave steraliser and have never had any problems with it.

This time I hope to breastfeed but will need to work on also getting LO to take a bottle because I have a 3 hour exam in April. I need to check that all the parts off my pump can go in the microwave, if not I'll steam it when needed.

I found the microwave one more convenient for space because when not in use it hides inside the microwave.

I prefer steam. I really think it it personal preference.

Ive got an electric tommee tippee closer to nature one :) Havent used it yet mind lol but like you i want to be able to leave the baby with oh so baught the elctric breast pump o match so i know it will be fine in there :)

Thanks, are the steam ones the same as the electric ones?

Yes I think so! Add a bit of water plug it in and thats it =)

ive gone for a milton cold water steriliser. Just sounds so much easier.... change the water every 24 hours, pop a tablet in and your ready to go. things are sterilised within 15 mins after putting them in the solution but can be left in the water up until u need them, they dont need rinsed either when you take them out the water. x

i used a cold water one with my son, from around 3 months after faffing around with an electric and then a microwave one. It was just so much easier for us!

I had a microwave steriliser with my son and found it very easy to use. This time I've brought the tommee tippee electric one x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->