Stiches

L

LoisP

Random question, but how long did It take to get stiched up. I had my son at 2.45 and was still being stiched up over 2 hours later, just wondering if this is a normal amount of time

xx

It took them 45 minutes to stitch me up. The freezing kept wearing off, and I had to keep asking them to refreeze. :wacko:

It took them about 30mins to stitch me up

It took about 30 mins to stitch me up (including some internal ones), but they had to rush as I was bleeding quite a lot! I guess it also makes a difference how many they need to do, and how awkwardly positioned they are.

Friends of mine have been left for 2 hours before they even started stitching them back up :dohh:

I am not sure how long it took them to stitch me up. I had just had my baby though and was rather lost in my own mind just soaking up her beauty, so time didn't really pass.

I am not sure how long it took them to stitch me up. I had just had my baby though and was rather lost in my own mind just soaking up her beauty, so time didn't really pass.

I didn't have my baby while i was being stiched up. I got to hold him briefly when i gave birth, then he was taken away about 20 seconds later to stich me up and sort out my blood loss so time really dragged not being able to hold my baby until they was done :(

With my eldest it was nearly 2 hours I think; with the others it was between 10-20 minutes approx as they were fairly minor tears in those cases

I had a third degree tear. Had to wait two hors to get to theatre as it was busy-so lay in a sheet of blood and waters for that time (OH was cleaning me with baby wipes-bless him).

2 hrs in theatre with a spinal and the stiches-the spinal was heaven. Hate the memories. Legs wide open-5 members of staff dotted about and surgeon in between my legs. ugh!

I thought it was about 10 minutes, but OH reckons it was about 45 :shrug: Ihad Connor with me though, so time didn't really mean anything, I was too busy gazing at him xxx

I had a third degree tear. Had to wait two hors to get to theatre as it was busy-so lay in a sheet of blood and waters for that time (OH was cleaning me with baby wipes-bless him).

2 hrs in theatre with a spinal and the stiches-the spinal was heaven. Hate the memories. Legs wide open-5 members of staff dotted about and surgeon in between my legs. ugh!

lol this I remember so well!! I actually remember trying to make small talk with them!!

and then I remember after a while just laying there listening to the music.. looked up to look to see the time which was above the surgeon inbetween my legs and 3 of the members of staff where stood laughing at something!! and in my mind I was so paranoid that they were laughing at my horrendous tear! and my 'one' giant bum hole!

lol this I remember so well!! I actually remember trying to make small talk with them!!

and then I remember after a while just laying there listening to the music.. looked up to look to see the time which was above the surgeon inbetween my legs and 3 of the members of staff where stood laughing at something!! and in my mind I was so paranoid that they were laughing at my horrendous tear! and my 'one' giant bum hole!
I'm with you both on that. . . Hated the feeling of the spinal tho, when they put your legs back down but yet they still feel like there up in the air! The view that poor surgeon had brings tears to my eye's, seriously how do people do that job?!

it took them about 2 hours to stitch me up to, due to amount of blood loss and heamorraging

I had an episiotomy and a seperate 3rd degree tear - It took over 2 hours in theatre. I wasn't impressed at having a spinal block after I'd given birth! The registrar said it was complicated because I'd torn seperatly from the episiotomy. Don't even want to think about what it must have looked like!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->