Sticking together until we all get prego!

Sorsha- I hope the ovusense works well for you :) Did you have O day yet? If so, did the ovusense pick up your temp rise ok?

Based on my OPKs and other signs, I should be Oing today--tomorrow at the very latest. I'll update in a few days to report on whether the OvuSense agreed. :)

I'm not sure how clearly it'll register the shift since I wasn't able to start using it until CD 12 and I'm Oing earlier than expected, so there may only be three days of pre-O temps... They've been pretty consistent, all three within .4 degrees of each other, at least.

I'm entering the temps into FertilityFriend too to see what it comes up with, and I have a few earlier oral temps in there too for extra data. (They're in the same range as the ones OvuSense is giving me, so I have a pretty consistent pre-O line there.)

Sorsha you may have already answered this but are your temps higher with the ovusense? They seem really consistent!

Ava says O is 5 days away so we started DTD tonight. I'm too impatient to try to sway anymore so we are going to try to BD every day! Ha! That plus sperm friendly lube on FF showed like 54% pregnancy charts!

Sarah it is soo hard to not over analyze everything! This past week I've been trying to avoid everything , because I know if you go looking for symptoms, you'll get em but it won't be the ones you were looking for! We've been ttc for 8 months now , hopefully this is our month , fingers crossed for all you ladies !

Sorsha you may have already answered this but are your temps higher with the ovusense? They seem really consistent!

Ava says O is 5 days away so we started DTD tonight. I'm too impatient to try to sway anymore so we are going to try to BD every day! Ha! That plus sperm friendly lube on FF showed like 54% pregnancy charts!

My OvuSense temps have actually been around the same as the oral temps I got earlier this cycle, *but* the three oral temps I took were all later in the morning than last cycle and higher than I was getting before too. Last cycle I was temping mostly between 1-3am and getting pre-O temps in the high 96 range, and last week I was temping at 5-6am and getting mid 97s (which is also what I'm getting with OvuSense). My oral temps obviously go up a lot as time goes on. I think the OvuSense temp is sort of an average across the entire night. So overall I think it's higher than oral.

I'm attaching my current chart so you can see what I mean. The first temp was a typical very early one, the clump at the end of AF were oral, and the four recent ones are OvuSense. (I didn't temp while on vacation in between.)

No temp rise yet, so not sure if I Oed late last night or haven't yet. Hope to see a clear one tomorrow so I don't have to worry it's not happening at all!

And I hear you on getting impatient. DH doesn't have the energy for BD every night, but we're continuing every other right through O from now on. It seems like the gender odds aren't skewed that much by timing anyway. Whatever will be will be. :) Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_1075.jpg
    IMG_1075.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 2
We've done three nights in a row now and feeling very excited for my fertility friend timing score this month, ha!

Anyone waiting to test? Anyone about to O?

I'm 5DPO today and it's still so early but I am starting to the POAS urge. I was fine yesterday but today I'm antsy LOL.

I'm still not totally sure when/if I Oed, because after a big jump in temp yesterday it came almost all the way back down today. If it goes up again tomorrow, I guess that's what I've seen called a fallback rise which is apparently fairly normal. I checked on FertilityFriend, and as long as it goes up .2 or more, FF will give me crosshairs even with the dip. But if it doesn't go back up... I will be very frustrated. :(

In theory, I'm 2 dpo today. A long way off from testing yet!

Update: Ovulation confirmed today! One apparent benefit to using the OvuSense--I'm already seeing a more significant jump in temperature (other than yesterday's dip) than last cycle with my questionable oral temping. :) Today's temp was 0.7 higher than my highest pre-O temp.

OvuSense thinks I Oed yesterday, presumably because it didn't have the extra data from my oral temps earlier in the cycle to set a clear baseline. Hopefully that won't mess with its analysis of future cycles too much!

So I started spotting two days ago (10dpo) which got heavier and turned into what I would consider a light period. This followed my same pattern of early spotting that I've experienced in my previous cycles so I assumed I was out and AF reared her ugly head.

Well this morning I noticed an odd spike in my temp- but I assumed that was due to me waking up to pee and let the dogs outside a couple of hours earlier. Out of curiosity I decided to do a final pregnancy test (IC) to just confirm that I was out and could start thinking about the next cycle.

Welp to my surprise, I saw a second pink line almost immediately. It is pretty faint but it's obvious (not a squinter at all). I'm still in shock and am shaking I'm so happy. I'm going to test with a different brand IC and FRER in a couple of hours just to triple confirm :)

Yay, JWC13! What a wonderful surprise! :D Hope it's a sticky bean!

Yay, JWC13! What a wonderful surprise! :D Hope it's a sticky bean!

Thanks Sorsha! I'm still a little scared because I'm still bleeding but I'm hoping that the bleeding stops soon.

Whoa JWC! That's awesome! Fx your spotting stops and you have a H&H 9 months!! Xx

Jwc- Yay! I hope this is a sticky baby for you! With bleeding starting at 10 dpo again, I would be concerned about your progesterone levels. Are you using any sort of progesterone supplements?

Whoa JWC! That's awesome! Fx your spotting stops and you have a H&H 9 months!! Xx

Thanks!! I just took the other two tests and :bfp: and the lines showed right away.

I'm not sure if my Dr. is open on Monday with it being Labor day but hopefully I can get a blood test Monday or Tuesday.

Jwc- Yay! I hope this is a sticky baby for you! With bleeding starting at 10 dpo again, I would be concerned about your progesterone levels. Are you using any sort of progesterone supplements?

I'm not- should I start now?

Jwc- I think it's a good idea if you do.

If you have a doctor they will either prescribe you progesterone suppositories, oral capsuls or progesterone shots. The progesterone shots are very effective but also painful and inconvenient as you have to have multiple shots a week. This is not usually prescribed unless a very serious progesterone deficiency has been noted. The oral capsuls have to be in very high doses because so much of the progesterone content is lost through the digestion process, which is very hard on the liver. The suppositories work well but can cause vaginal itchiness and burning, and they are pretty messy.

I use a bio-identical progesterone cream. Not all progesterone creams have equal amounts of progesterone in them, so if you go this route make sure that you check the progesterone content in the cream. The cream I use has 20mg of progesterone per 1\2 teaspoon and has no additives, so it is safe during pregnancy. It is Emerita Pro-gest and I order it off of Amazon, if you're interested. I am 7.2 weeks today and lost my last 2 babies at 4 weeks.

It is safe to use progesterone, even if your levels are fine. However, bleeding at 10 dpo is a pretty common symptom of low progesterone, and if you are low on progesterone immediate supplementation can make a tremendous difference!

I personally would overnight a bottle of progesterone cream to at least start supplementing with something until you get in to see your doctor. At that point you could either decide to keep using your cream or switch to a different method of progesterone supplementation. I hope this little sticks for you!

I personally would overnight a bottle of progesterone cream to at least start supplementing with something until you get in to see your doctor. At that point you could either decide to keep using your cream or switch to a different method of progesterone supplementation. I hope this little sticks for you!

Thanks! I just purchased some on Amazon and it will be here tomorrow.

Haven't bd at all this cycle is there an october bfp group set up yet

Jwc- You're welcome! I hope this works for you! If this is another loss you should start using the progesterone after O is confirmed. That should help a lot. I used about 40mg of progesterone per day split into 2 doses, one in the morning and again before bed at 20mg per dose. I am gradually upping my dose (at about 70mg per day now). Praying for you and baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->