• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sticking together until we all get prego!

Melewen- A couple more days
Jw- thank you my own willpower on not testing has me impressed with myself
Sarah- Thank you

Well, my spotting turned red and is hitting undies now. I am SO FRUSTRATED with my body. This makes my LP 9 days this month... last month it was 12. WTF?! I just had a few bloods done but they didn't test progesterone. Maybe I should do that. I don't know. I'm so frustrated.

Well, my spotting turned red and is hitting undies now. I am SO FRUSTRATED with my body. This makes my LP 9 days this month... last month it was 12. WTF?! I just had a few bloods done but they didn't test progesterone. Maybe I should do that. I don't know. I'm so frustrated.

Oh man I am so so sorry! Can you go back and ask them to test progesterone?

That's what I'm planning to do. I think Vitex may have messed me up though... I was hesitant to take it to begin with and it's really the only new thing this month. So frustrating. Hopefully they'll figure out my levels and I can figure out what to do though. Ugh. Another month gone.

Urgh, so sorry to hear that, melewen. :( It must be so frustrating. I hope the doctor can give you some answers soon!

Hi, What are your thoughts on how frequently to have sex during your fertile window? I know this is controversial and I have read so many different opinions. I have heard every other day, every day, or as much as possible as long as you wait at least 12 hours. I recently read about the "twice in one hour" method. My husband and I have usually done it every day, sometimes twice a day,
for each cycle. We tested his sperm count at home after only 12 hours of abstaining because I wanted to see the results according to our normal pattern of frequency during my fertile window. He was positive (meaning he had at least the minimum amount), so I am hoping that means twice a day is just fine. Thoughts on this? What are you all doing as far as frequency? Thank you!

Hi, What are your thoughts on how frequently to have sex during your fertile window? I know this is controversial and I have read so many different opinions. I have heard every other day, every day, or as much as possible as long as you wait at least 12 hours. I recently read about the "twice in one hour" method. My husband and I have usually done it every day, sometimes twice a day,
for each cycle. We tested his sperm count at home after only 12 hours of abstaining because I wanted to see the results according to our normal pattern of frequency during my fertile window. He was positive (meaning he had at least the minimum amount), so I am hoping that means twice a day is just fine. Thoughts on this? What are you all doing as far as frequency? Thank you!

Hubby and I have sex daily during fertile window, tbh. And usually every other day throughout the rest of month. Or sometimes daily depending if we have time/desire. Now that we're TTC I figure everyday covers our bases!

Jwc- Thank you! It is a huge relief to see the line get darker!

Sarah- Welcome! I imagine timing intercourse is probably a lot like most things and comes down to individual factors. One man may have his speem count come up quickly while it may take another a longer amount of time. Since you tested your husband's count and it was good after already having intercourse that day you're probably fine with once or possibly twice a day. My husband and I were loosely trying for a boy (we have 3 girls :p ) so we waited until the day before O and then twice on O day. Good luck!!!

Sorsha- How do you like the OvuSense?

Chasing- Did you test today!? So excited to hear your update! :D

Mel- Hey! So glad you're back! Sorry that AF showed... And early I would definitely have those progesterone levels checked. When testing progesterone a saliva test gives a more accurate result because it shows what is actually bio-available, fwiw. Hope that you get this figured out soon! :?

I'm 5.3 weeks and all looks good so far! I set up an ultrasound for 10 weeks on September 23rd and my first midwife appointment on September 25th! My midwife will be doing my appointments at my house this time which is so awesome! I live out in the country and it's a pretty long drive into the town she lives in! So excited! I don't have any morning sickness yet which honestly, I would prefer to have! I know that sounds crazy but if you have morning sickness I think it's less likely that you'll mc. But my lines are darker than my controls and I should probably stop testing now, lol! :p

So happy for you, ArtsyLady! I never had morning sickness with my daughter. I only ever felt nauseous when I was hungry. During this first cycle when I miscarried, I felt nauseous on and off throughout the day, even before AF was due. I hope all goes well for you!

Congrats Artsy Lady !

Been Getting Some Cramps Here And There , hoping me & Mr did the duty this cycle ! FX for a sticky bean for all of us ! I'm On CD(20) predicted ovulation was CD(16) !
We Bd-13-17 , & 18 . Super hopeful I can't wait to start our family ! Fb for you all ladies !

Mel sorry about AF

Have any of you heard of the 'hook effect'? So, I have continued to poas (planned on stopping at 6.0 weeks, 5.5 today) and I have noticed that after getting a couple tests where my line is darker than the control, my lines are now 'spotty' looking. The two at the bottom I just took. One with undiluted urine and the second about 50/50 water and urine. Both are splotchy looking. Soooo, I think I'm done testing but wanted to ask if you have had spotty wondfos or have tested obsessively and noticed your line get lighter when all was fine? I can't wait for that first ultrasound and September 23rd feels like it's a year away! :sad2:

How is everyone else?

Chasing- Did you test yet?

Attachments

• 20170821_155408_1503345366017.jpg
    20170821_155408_1503345366017.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 11
Artsy - I totally noticed that but it was with my MC, I have been POAS to see when my levels return to zero (which, yay, they did on Friday, or at least I got a STARK negative test!). The previous 2-3 tests before that I took showed faint positives but that same weird spotty line. I chalked it up to being a bit of a cheaper test. Looks SUPER positive progression to me! Fx time goes quickly until the 23rd for you!

For me - now I'm waiting for AF to arrive...impatiently. I have started temping and bought a bunch of cheap OPK on Amazon which I've started using just to see...I know it's probably a fools errand given the miscarriage and my body is out of whack but it totally helps for me to have something to do. I've had some dull cramping and what FEELS like it might be ovulation pain but I am totally on the lookout and could be just imagining twinges here and there, but I am usually pretty in tune with my body. This whole MC is a big mind mess up, that's for sure.

Thanks Alli!
Ya never know... It could be O. I O'd just 12 days after my mc with my first +opk on cd 11, just 4 days after I stopped bleeding. So definitely be on the lookout ☺ Hopefully you'll get a :bfp: before af ;)

Thanks, Artsy! I am secretly hoping for that (I mean, who wouldn't?) but also expecting/looking for AF to come, so we can start fresh with a new cycle next month. I mean, if it happens, yay! But I am preparing for AF to come and then know my body/cycle will hopefully be somewhat back to normal and I can start tracking and know where I stand a little bit better. But...you never know, right?

Heya everyone! Can I join in? This is our 3rd month try, currently on cd18 and my cycles are usually 27 days! Driving myself crazy symptom spotting so trying not to. ��

Welcome Toadly!

My husband and I are also on our third cycle of trying. Today is Ovulation day so I know the next two weeks will be torture (well rather 11ish days since I tend to have a shorter luteal phase).

We've BD'd each day for the last 5 days and used preseed for the first time so I'm really hopeful but we shall see.

Hey all. I am 4/5 dpo in our 5th cycle ttc. I don't normally symptom spot until the few days before AF (due Sept 1). I've never experienced this before, but yesterday morning while barely waking up, I started having pinching sensations in my center low abdomen. They come and go every few seconds and lasted all day. They abated in the evening and I've felt them just a few times this morning. Yesterday evening and a couple times this morning, I felt mild cramps. I've never cramped in the middle of my cycle and normally feel nothing until a few days before AF, and sometimes never. Anyway, I read that some REs state implantation can happen as early as 3dpo, though rare. I'm thinking I may be just getting too excited for this round, whereas the last few, I didn't really expect anything. I'm trying to relax and take it day by day, and I tend to expect AF will come just because I hate to be disappointed. I just wanted to say where my head is at. :) Thanks for reading!

Hi Toadly! Do you know how many dpo you are? I like to know because it gives me a better idea of when I can start reliably looking for sympotoms. Hope this is your month! :)

Jwc- So excited for you! Fx this is the month!

Sarah- I have read that it is 'impossible' to implant before 6 days... But the studies that came to this conclusion did so by urine testing women who were ttc'ing and had their first positive test at 6 days... And we all know that it takes a day or two after implantation for hcg to reach detectable levels with a hpt... So it would seem that while rare, it would be possible to implant at 4dpo. I felt some minor cramping at 7dpo and figured it was my mind playing tricks on me. On 9dpo my fmu test was negative. However, when I tested late that afternoon at 9dpo it was a definite faint positive. On 3 different tests. So who knows? Maybe it is implantation ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->