Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Omg how cute are those?!?! Love that DH goes out of his way to get items for Adam!

He heard that there's a sale in one of the biggest malls near his office so he checked it. He said, he was just there to look but couldn't leave the things he thought were good... So he bought them :rofl:

Again, Daphne your DH is so sweet! + I think he is like the only guy I've ever heard of that cannot resist items on sale :rofl:

Kenna, that game looks like fun! I was going to use it for my shower in March... I asked my SIL if she would host for me seeing that my sister isn't keen on it (long story about her kitchen tea etc for those of you who remember)
Anyhow, my SIL very politely advised me that I am not to have any involvement in the shower arrangements except sending her the list of emails for friends who needs to be invited.

She and my friend will arrange the picnic on the farm next to the lake and they don't want my input or money! In South Africa traditionally you are not suppose to plan or know about your own shower. So I don't know about my 2nd one just this one :haha:

Feels like a huge weight lifted for me because I was worrying a little about how I would arrange everything alone from so far away.

So yeah, there is the cherry on top of my cake day :D 4D scan booked for April and my SIL taking over my baby shower so that I can literally relax and just have fun :dance:

I've been applying cocoa butter lotion on my belly, bum and boobs even. I never really got stretch marks, at least not noticeable ones :shrug: But I've used the lotion for my previous pregnancies and better safe than sorry :thumbup: I have discovered that not only am I repulsed by the taste, texture and even just the sight of steak... but I also don't care for chicken now :sick: This is totally new for me, so strange. Good thing I still love me a fat, juicy burger (cooked well done) and bacon!

Is it Thursday yet??? :laugh2:

Oh, Pam, DH loves sale and he will always go home with something.... Sometimes i think he's the cheapest guy I've ever known but there are times that he just couldn't stop getting stuff. I remember when i was back home and he went for vacation, he bought lots and lots of kids stuff for his niece and bought more when he arrived and invited his brother's family to go shopping for their daughter... And i know from that moment how he loves kids.... Now, they have a 1 yr old boy which we both haven't seen in person. Wondering how DH will buy gifts for him when we go for vacation this October.... :dance:

Jyllian, when i have MS, all i can eat is chicken, boiled eggs and crackers and some veggies... And oh, i love dipping why fried chicken with vinegar+soy sauce+fresh chili......... 2 more LOOOOONGGGGG days til thursday hun..... Can't wait.

Almost Thursday! :dance:

Now I am starving just reading about your burger.... I think I could easily make out with a McDonalds Cheeseburger right now while fries are watching us do it :D

......... chocolate milkshake just walked in - food orgie :rofl:

Omg ladies stop!!!! We are snowed in and I saw some ad for a happy meal yesterday and since then I have been craving a junky cheeseburger with severity! And we are running low on good food here.... Boooooo. I don't think I've eaten hardly any chicken since getting that :bfp: it is a huge aversion! I googled it to see if it was normal and a lot of people claim it's an old wives tale that you're having a boy! My old wives are definitely confused

At my best friends shower we played two cute games, one similar to that bag game where it said like baby nolan and we had to come up with baby items that started with each of those letters, or I forget what word it was but something like that. It was more like playing pictionary or something and we all got really competitive hahaha. And then since the nursery had an animal theme I made a list of animals and people had to guess what their babies are called. It was surprisingly hard!! But that was fun too. No dorky wrapping snickers in diapers or anything hahah! I don't know who's going to do what for my shower! My sister isn't really an organizer in that sense and my best friend has a tiny baby and lives like 8 hours from here. Plus she threw me an amazing bridal shower less than a year ago! My other good friends here are sort of unrelated to eachother so I just have no idea what will happen!

I wonder if I can sled to McDonald's..... I could eat like five cheeseburgers right now!! What have you all done to me!!

I feel your pain! We're iced in and thankfully I begged DH to go get a pizza yesterday before it got too bad. The local shops weren't delivering so we had to carryout and drive a bit.

McDonald's cheeseburgers have been my weakness!!!

My OH took me to Melt Bar & Grill on Valentines Day. Neither of us had been there. I ordered a fat burger with bleu cheese, honey chipotle sauce, lettuce and thick cut onion rings on it and delicious hand cut fries on the side. It was AMAZING! He ordered a burger and got 2 fried eggs, bleu cheese, provolone cheese, avocado, bacon, BBQ sauce, red onion, thick cut onion rings and I have no idea what else if anything! The waitress said his order was all the talk back in the kitchen because it was the biggest, most expensive burger order they've had! Good grief. No wonder this baby is always making me hungry :dohh:

Omg I am starving now!!! I'm making lamb curry for dinner :D

McDonalds would be my weakness too if they were closer. Nearest one to us is 3hrs drive away :cry:

Oh my! 3 hours?! I have one literally within walking distance, well a 2 minute drive. Then there's Pizza Hut, Wendys, Jimmy Johns, Chipotle, Arbys, Lees Chicken (like Kentucky Fried) and Burger King all right there as well! It's a fast food extravaganza!

AAAARRGGGH :wohoo:
I found a place close to my mom who does 4D Scans with a CD and lots of perks.

I'm going for one when I'm 30w5d 23 April :dance:
It's the day before my sister's wedding so I'll be there and it wont be extra fuel expenses because we'll be there anyway.
BONUS: My mom offered to pay half the scan price so I'll be able to easily afford it. My mom, DH and I will go for a 4D scan!!!! I cannot wait anymore and the testimonials that this lady has on her website are out of this world amazing!!!!

Lets all go crazy!!!!!! I just gave myself another count down :rofl:

That's awesome! I'm glad you're getting something in while waiting for your sisters big day. I hope you post pics! Our first 3d/4d scan is 3 weeks away.

https://www.somewhatsimple.com/baby-shower-game/

Cute idea!

That is a cute idea. Are you having a shower?

I just got a text from DH that he went and bought some baby clothes... Of course, there's always blue in it... Guess we have enough clothes for him already and i have to stop DH from buying more :haha:

View attachment 845269

View attachment 845271

View attachment 845273

That's cute. I'm glad my hubby isn't all hung ho about clothes or anything like that. We don't have space!

Again, Daphne your DH is so sweet! + I think he is like the only guy I've ever heard of that cannot resist items on sale :rofl:

Kenna, that game looks like fun! I was going to use it for my shower in March... I asked my SIL if she would host for me seeing that my sister isn't keen on it (long story about her kitchen tea etc for those of you who remember)
Anyhow, my SIL very politely advised me that I am not to have any involvement in the shower arrangements except sending her the list of emails for friends who needs to be invited.

She and my friend will arrange the picnic on the farm next to the lake and they don't want my input or money! In South Africa traditionally you are not suppose to plan or know about your own shower. So I don't know about my 2nd one just this one :haha:

Feels like a huge weight lifted for me because I was worrying a little about how I would arrange everything alone from so far away.

So yeah, there is the cherry on top of my cake day :D 4D scan booked for April and my SIL taking over my baby shower so that I can literally relax and just have fun :dance:

That sounds like a great shower! Is it going to drive you crazy not knowing the details or do you like the surprise?

I've been applying cocoa butter lotion on my belly, bum and boobs even. I never really got stretch marks, at least not noticeable ones :shrug: But I've used the lotion for my previous pregnancies and better safe than sorry :thumbup: I have discovered that not only am I repulsed by the taste, texture and even just the sight of steak... but I also don't care for chicken now :sick: This is totally new for me, so strange. Good thing I still love me a fat, juicy burger (cooked well done) and bacon!

Is it Thursday yet??? :laugh2:

Oh yuck!!!! You're making everyone else hungry an me nauseous lol. What lotion are you using?

Omg ladies stop!!!! We are snowed in and I saw some ad for a happy meal yesterday and since then I have been craving a junky cheeseburger with severity! And we are running low on good food here.... Boooooo. I don't think I've eaten hardly any chicken since getting that :bfp: it is a huge aversion! I googled it to see if it was normal and a lot of people claim it's an old wives tale that you're having a boy! My old wives are definitely confused

At my best friends shower we played two cute games, one similar to that bag game where it said like baby nolan and we had to come up with baby items that started with each of those letters, or I forget what word it was but something like that. It was more like playing pictionary or something and we all got really competitive hahaha. And then since the nursery had an animal theme I made a list of animals and people had to guess what their babies are called. It was surprisingly hard!! But that was fun too. No dorky wrapping snickers in diapers or anything hahah! I don't know who's going to do what for my shower! My sister isn't really an organizer in that sense and my best friend has a tiny baby and lives like 8 hours from here. Plus she threw me an amazing bridal shower less than a year ago! My other good friends here are sort of unrelated to eachother so I just have no idea what will happen!

I wonder if I can sled to McDonald's..... I could eat like five cheeseburgers right now!! What have you all done to me!!

My sister isn't an organizer either, in fact she would wait a week or two before the shower to do anything more than send invites. That's why I took over getting things done. I could just picture you trying to sled your way to McDonald's.

Jess I'm using Palmers cocoa butter formula for stretch marks... but I see they also make tummy butter and massage cream for stretch marks as well :thumbup:
PAL-04031-5.jpg

AFm: I went to the pelvic pain doctor and was diagnosed with pelvic girdle pain/sacroiliac joint dysfunction and symphysis pubis dysfunction. So basically the relaxin that my body is producing has made the ligaments too stretchy and it is causing instability and premature separation of my pubic bone. They gave me a pelvic girdle for now to see if it helps and are ordering a sacroiliac belt for me to wear long term, which will provide support to my pelvis. She also palpatated my uterus and said it is just above my belly button.

Jess I'm using Palmers cocoa butter formula for stretch marks... but I see they also make tummy butter and massage cream for stretch marks as well :thumbup:

I have the tummy butter, but it is soooo weird. I can't figure out how to use it because it is like a solid thing........ The burts bees mama butter smells horrible, just so you know

I use the same thing as Jyllian... :dance: We asked the pharmacist and he said it's the best.... I started applying them when i started showing big coz my tummy is so itchy (maybe due to it stretching) and i always have to tuck-in my tops every time we sleep to prevent me from scratching it.... So far, it's working.

Okay so I just finished a big pot of lamb curry. I cooked enough for 2 nights... DH and I just finished the whole pot :dohh: It was that good!!

Jess, I'll def share pics of our scan and hope you will too :D It is going to drive me bonkers not knowing the shower details but I don't have anyone on the 'inside' to give me details so I'll have to wait :haha: I love surprised but only if I don't know they are coming if that makes sense. If I know about something then I get nosy and go crazy!

I am seriously contemplating venturing out into the set from Frozen that is our neighborhood just to get a freaking cheeseburger now.. ugh. We had some organic ground beef last night and DH was like just make one! But you literally cannot make what makes the McDonalds ones so good.. it's hardly "food" but damn, I would snatch one from the hands of a babe right now. Or an Arbys Beef and Cheddar omg. That's been my biggest craving the whole pregnancy but luckily I've managed so far without! We don't have much fast food nearby so it's always a bit of a trek and we try to eat healthy MOST of the time.. it helps to be able to walk to our Whole Foods.. we're so dorky :rofl:--but "healthy food" is like the LAST thing I want to eat right now! Blehhhh! I could destroy some Arbys mozzarella sticks right now.. like you would claim to not know me if you witnessed it. It sounds like my aversions/nausea have passed and I've tunneled directly into GIMME FOOOOOOD all the time!

I meant to share these yesterday, I think we're going to do this for the out-of-town gender reveal ($20/egg is just too much!): https://blog.zazzle.com/2013/05/12/diy-baby-shower-series-scratcher-postcards/

Jess have you tried Kegels? They are so helpful for delivery and can strengthen your pelvic floor meanwhile. They're our required exercise in Bradley class, but I totally hate them. Bleh! We are supposed to do 200/300, holding for 2 seconds each. I just set the timer for 10 minutes and go with it. We missed the first 3 weeks of class but I think they only did 30 a day back then. I know you mentioned in your blog your pelvic floor might be weak?

Today we decided we're going to make a little hospital gown for delivery: fixfab.blogspot.com/2010/03/hospital-gown.html I thought this was really cute but I'm not quite as girl as this chick.. I don't think I'll be painting my toenails to match the fabric :D BUT a comfy fabric in a cute color is good for me, and it's only like 3 yards of fabric so not very expensive

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->