Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

I hate that stupid dress!

We are probably having ice cream cake for dinner since it's my nephews 4th birthday party tonight. Last night I had some chili that I reheated since hubby was asleep. I really want some beef stew minus the beef lol.

Maybe a girl, maybe a boy....no one knows but the good lord above, hubby, baby and I. Only 1 week 6 days until I may be able to tell you guys. Although we are going to live broadcast the baby shower via YouTube so you may just have to tune in there (if Ronny has his way)

Im with Dani - calling BS and saying girl for Jess! I guess if you tell us, cool, if not, oh well - we'll know soon enough when someone watches the video and let's the news loose! :)
Or maybe we won't find out until baby is born? :haha:

All this food talk is making me hungry! Dinner sounds delicious already and its only 4pm!

No, you'll definitely know either the 14th or 28th......it's killing me not telling, I wouldn't be able to make it 21ish more weeks

So today at the grocery the cashier asked DH if I was pregnant!! She said she could see a bump starting down low. I have NEVER had this happen so I am assuming it's an actual bump!

Pamela I am like crying over here that pork belly sounds so good! I make this beaised pork belly (chashu) for ramen when we make it at home and it's like basically the best thing ever. Pork belly is king!!! I can't wait to try your recipe!! Our Tom kha was pretty righteous! I made a japanese sesame cucumber salad to go with as I had no energy to make the Thai peanut dressing for the salad Id planned. I am so proud of my energy and appetite these days! Just two weeks ago I literally couldn't fathom making dinner ever again

Oh and we had to make our birth plans for Bradley and I tried my hand at a graphic one - it's supposed to be perfect for the door to help remind nurses! Thought I'd share

https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/graphic-birth-plan.png

Oh and we had to make our birth plans for Bradley and I tried my hand at a graphic one - it's supposed to be perfect for the door to help remind nurses! Thought I'd share

https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/graphic-birth-plan.png

That is very detailed, I love it! :thumbup:

Cheryl, did they give you any tips or a guideline in your class on writing a birth plan? Originally I wasn't going to write one, but given the mix up every time I go in on meds, we are certainly making one now. I like your picture one :)

Jess yes our teacher is like the birth plan expert in town ha. I can email you the samples if you want! It's really important to have a birth plan if Unmedicated is important. Otherwise it's not as big a deal

Yes please!! My plan is to go Unmedicated other than the uterotonics needed to stop the bleeding.....but I need some help lol. I'm so confused and online there isn't much description on all the different things

Wow, Cheryl! That's amazing. I'm not even sure where to begin writing one but started thinking about it this weekend.

Saw your new bump pic Kenna, if you're having a girl then maybe Jess will have as well since her bump looks more like you....

Jess is really killing us slowly.... :haha:

Okay ladies... I am so ashamed right now!!

https://i.imgur.com/SE7sagf.jpg

My whole pregnancy I have not wanted sweet stuff so I haven't been having them. I had a craving for a fruit & nut chocolate and bought a slab with the intention of having 2 blocks and taking the rest home for DH.... Uhm oops :dohh: I just finished the WHOLE SLAB :blush:

Hello ladies. I finally found y'all! Can I be added with the due dates? Lol :)

Jess yes our teacher is like the birth plan expert in town ha. I can email you the samples if you want! It's really important to have a birth plan if Unmedicated is important. Otherwise it's not as big a deal

I'm so terrified to have an unmedicated birth. My contractions are horrible it just freaks me out at the thought of pushing a baby out with no epidural.... I need help :(

Anyone who is interested, send me your email and I can send you the sample birth plans! They are for women who choose to go Unmedicated but can be altered for your own priorities. It really helped me to use someone else's birth plan to develop mine for our class. If you give me ideas of "icons" you'd like in the graphic birth plan too I can make those for you! I found graphic birth plans really hard to find but nurses love them!

Sylvia you should try taking a class! I think we tend to tense up during pain and especially contractions and in the class we learn the best positions for labor and how to totally relax in contractions. There are also just SO many benefits of skipping medication that that might motivate you too like it did us :) im happy to share any info with you if you're interested!

Pam um no judgment here!!! I haven't been good so far at all! I have been craving lots of sweets and absolutely giving in pretty much daily... Dh said he has a craving for Oreo milkshakes and had two in two days this weekend! He's like "you have cravings too, you should understand!" Uhhh yeah honey but I'm, what's the word, pregnant?! And even I wouldn't have milkshakes two days in a row! :lmao: silly man!!

Cheryl, my email address is [email protected]

I haven't really craved anything this whole time. I pretty much gave up on sweets and haven't ever settled on something that sounds good.

Welcome Sylvia :hi:

This is my 1st baby so I'm going natural as I don't know what it would be like otherwise. Plus I've mentioned to the ladies before that the hospital I give birth at does not give you a choice.
Their policy is pretty much Cheryl's entire birth plan :D No pain meds, baby on your chest immediately, no pacifiers, exclusive breast feeding, after a hour they will take baby for a bath, baby sleeps in the room with you as they do not have nurseries etc. They will only allow C-sections in case of emergencies so I don't need to do a birth plan as their policy is my plan :D

I wont lie though, I am scared shitless, but it's a scared of the unknown mostly because I don't know what to expect etc. You can read and listen to stories but wont know until you go through it.

All the sugar has def made little man more active as he is going crazy down there using my bladder as a trampoline - bless him :haha:

Oh my gawwwwwd that damn dress!!! :wacko: Personally, I see a light blue and shitty tan/brown :rofl:

I personally think Jess is trying to throw us off with the gender test answers :winkwink:

I joined another August group on Facebook. There's around 90 or so members and a majority are BOYS :dohh: I've been feeling tiny little flutteres here and there and more often as of late. This morning I rolled over and pushed my tummy up against my OH and felt a few flutters. Wish he could feel it! Then at work sitting at my desk I felt a few more. I can't wait for some ninja kicks!

Cheryl I love your door sign, that's really detailed!

This movie is hilarious. I told my OH when it comes to the "toxic Western medication" I'm on board:

Really, I'm kind of undecided as what I want to do... I mayyyy try to go without an epidural if all seems to be going well but am deathly afraid of the "ring of fire". My OH says he will play the Johnny Cash song during the delivery. I say I will punch him in the throat if he does :growlmad:

Just wanted to throw out there that you can go medicated without doing an epidural. I still have to look into it more, but one thing my pelvic pain doc and I discussed was the use of a pudendal block, which blocks the nerves to your vagina and makes it numb.....so you still feel contractions but you don't feek the pain associated with the body coming out. They can also use pain meds to take the edge off without making you go numb.

I personally cannot have an epidural due to some issues with my spine and medication allergies. I'm not too worried about it to be honest, but I have a huge pain tolerance

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->