Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

I agree with you Jylian, I'm not opposed to an Epidural either. I'll make a game time decision if I can't handle the pain. I want it to be a positive experience, not frightening! And I def want skin to skin time immediately after birth and breast feeding. My family is very supportive of whatever way I decide to birth the baby. I'd be open to hearing more about the way you can block the vagina from feeling pain though Jess if you could elaborate a bit more!?

I'm with you Jyllian! If they don't plop that baby on me right away I will be throwing a fit!!

Soooo I finally found an easy way to take bump pictures! It dawned on me last night when I couldn't sleep (duh) that we have a big open window with sheer curtains where I could do a blown out background sort of look. After the grocery store cashier asked DH yesterday if I were pregnant I decided it's time to start documenting the bump.. and it's real! I really thought I shouldn't start showing at all for another 6 weeks or so but damn! It was like this in the AM before eating anything so it's not bloat any more.. get ready for loads of pictures of my pooch and tush.. fair warning!

https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/11week-bump3-small.jpg
https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/11week-bump-small.jpg

And since you still don't *GET IT*, here's an extra bonus shot.. because I care!

https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/11week-bump2-small.jpg

:lmao:

With respect, I don't think anyone is disagreeing that a birth that is as natural as possible is great. However, just like pregnancy, everyone's birth is different. If your body is not a good shape for delivery, then you are more likely to rip and have difficulties - regardless of how many squats you do.

I was born with birth trauma, resulting in difficulties latching, feeding difficulties and consequently unable to breast feed. The midwives left the 'natural' birth to go on for far too long, and I fatigued.

For me, my birth plan is for the baby and I to be as safe and healthy as possible.

Jamie - I'm not sure what info you are looking for. I have been having these done pretty much monthly for 3 years. Peudendal nerve blocks are quite painful to get but you get a ton of relief. Basically what happens is the doctor will inject lidocaine into the nerve that runs along the side of your vagina, numbing the nerve and providing pain relief. In order to get to the nerve they must push a needle into the muscle running about half an inch from your vaginal opening and then wiggle the needle until you feel a shock and then push the meds in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 2
With respect, I don't think anyone is disagreeing that a birth that is as natural as possible is great. However, just like pregnancy, everyone's birth is different. If your body is not a good shape for delivery, then you are more likely to rip and have difficulties - regardless of how many squats you do.

I was born with birth trauma, resulting in difficulties latching, feeding difficulties and consequently unable to breast feed. The midwives left the 'natural' birth to go on for far too long, and I fatigued.

For me, my birth plan is for the baby and I to be as safe and healthy as possible.

That's great! And that's why my birth plan says "barring complications" :) Except I disagree - squats DO help your body get in good shape for delivery. It is a very natural position and it makes sense that it was probably easier for women to give birth in the past, when we actually used this posture frequently. As well as kegels (I do 200 a day), low back rocks, and tailor sitting. Granted I practice these every day, so it's not just like oh, I'm 39 weeks, let me squat for a minute! Haha

So update as of 4 1/2 hours later: no job :growlmad: but then I knew that was coming.

He said his interview did go very well but likely won't hear anything on that for about a week. He also applied with other places and could be contacted at any time...

I said "Well since you likely won't have any income for at least a week if not two you might wanna stop this (as I pick up a bottle of beer he bought while out today) because it's not very smart right now, just like your decision to up and quit your job"

Oh hell I would be livid if he up and quit and then went and bought beer!!! Well fx for you hon!

Good luck Jyllian.... I'm not wishing strength on you as I fear for your OH's life :haha:

You look gorgeous Cheryl!!! Love the start of your bump and so looking forward to watching it grow :D

Fi, how are you feeling? If I recall correctly you said something a while back about the start of ms? Did it pick up or are you coping?

:rofl: Pamela yeah I just dug into him via text this morning. I got to WORK and sat down and was thinking... this guy needs to KNOW this IS NOT ok. Like I was somewhat fine yesterday but was also super tired and slept all evening and night for the most part. Then today, thinking about the beer and the fact that he smokes and chews tobacco now... I forewarned him that if he thinks he's going to continue those nasty expensive habits after totally just up and quitting his job then I'm going to be theeee biggest b*tch everrrr. The fact that he quit then went and bought beer shows a severe lack of maturity and it's NOT ok.

It's nice that he's home and can help out a lot and hopefully get some major progress done on the house... BUT the renovations cost money as well as the bills we have. I'm just so very disappointed :nope:

Looks like he'll be able to join me at my 14 week doc appointment tomorrow...

So sorry Jyllian..... :hugs: What your DH did really is so irresponsible... He should have not made that decision esp now that you are expecting... He should have made sure there's a job lined up before he quit with his job.... Oh well, i hope he finds one as soon as possible.

Cheryl, your photos are amazing..... I should ask you more questions about any tricks and tips on how to have a great pictures so i can tell DH.... :dance:

I am such a huge Finding Nemo fan :D I love animation movies in general but Nemo is my ultimate favourite. When there is nothing on the tv I put my dvd on and then DH literally goes :dohh:
Anyway long story short I have just bought this Nemo themed playmat for my little man :D

https://i.imgur.com/xGqhwnR.jpg

Thanks Daphne... I just had a mini panic attack.... like what if he doesn't like Nemo as much as I do :rofl:

I've also started knitting a blanket for him. Taking into consideration that I cannot do patterns or anything I'm just going to do one massive square and then have somebody teach me how to crochet a white border around the blue square... FX I finish it before he gets here :D

Pamela that's so cute! I also LOL'd when you said you were worried about baby not liking Nemo as much as you! Hahaha

Jyllian I am beyond annoyed for you. Like.. Now is not the time to show off your immaturity!! Really hoping he comes around with a better job here in the next couple weeks. Le sigh!

Daphne I am happy to help! I actually wrote a food photography book so I should be able to give you a pointer or two, though um people are very different! Lol. Do you guys have a DSLR or a point and shoot?

For those who's having MS, found this on FF... Maybe it will help.

Community Tip or Tale

From Tiffany, Chehalis, WA:

This one came from my midwife I had when pregnant with my second child.
For morning sickness relief suck on a lollipop. I bought a bag of DUM-DUMS and they REALLY did the trick! I will do it again this time for sure.

We have Canon EOS-600D..... DH only gets ideas from youtube....

Oh man Jylian I am so sorry he is being such a butt!! Did he respond to your texts? I hope he agrees that he should not be buying recreational items now !!! Or ever! Time to quit for good I say! Soooo expensive! I'm sure he is a good guy and just going through a personal hurdle, tell him it's time for him to step up and redeem himself. Show you the man you know he can be! At least that's what I'd say if my DH was pulling sh*t like this!

Pam- so cute!! I love finding nemo too!!

Daphne- thanks for the ms tip!! I had my first nausea spell this morning!! It totally caught me off guard when I got up to pee. All of a sudden I felt sick and wanted to get back to bed fast!!!!

Jamie, take care of yourself.... Sorry MS caught you but it's a great re-assurance... FX it won't last for so so so long.... And i hope you'll find something that'll ease it up....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->