Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Jyllian, now that song is stuck in my head and :rofl: at the mental image of you punching OH in the throat!

Haha that movie is funny! Those two women are hilarious. I'm debating epidural too. But not making any decisions until I'm more informed. The ring of fire totally freaks me out too!! My sister went unmedicated (she couldn't sit still enough for an epidural) and explained the ring of fire to me! Yikes! I wish I had a high pain tolerance! I think anxiety of pain and fear of the unknown make the process terrifying so if knowing I'm gonna get pain relief helps me relax and makes the birth process more enjoyable and a positive experience than it may be worth it for me. I have really bad anxiety sometimes. But we shall see!

Welcome Sylvia!!

I never really thought much about it until we got pregnant and I started doing research. We're fairly crunchy to begin with but I never really understood how like.. having the bottom half of your body paralyzed would be good for the baby?! Like, the baby's in there.. haha! It can also delay your contractions because you can't properly push

You guys might want to watch "The Business of Being Born" -- it's really educational. But I like to think about the billions of women before me who have birthed "naturally"! If you educate yourself on positions and how to best use contractions and pushing for your own purposes I think it can be helpful, and will make you way calmer! I would much rather be "in control" than like a bit out of it/not myself - that would scare me more. DH attends each class with me and will be my "coach" so he is in charge of all low back massage (more like violent kneading I am sure) etc

Pamela I am so jealous of your hospital!! Ours is very "Western", ie, heavy on the interventions and medications!

I'm happy to explain my reasoning for any choice we made on the birth plan - I honestly didn't know so much about most of this stuff until our class and I love to share!

HAHA Pamela! :rofl: Well I really AM going to punch him in the throat when I see him... apparently it's totally fine to just decide not show up to your job because you have had enough with their b.s. so you quit with a near 14 week pregnant gf and home remodel going on and NO guarantee on a job lined up :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad:OMIGAWWWWWD I'm gonna lose my shit! Someone hold me back. Hold me back!!!

:saywhat: Jyllian
That is NOT cool at all!! What in the hell was he thinking? I mean you prob did not expect him to be the sole bread winner but help to pull your weight!

Jeez I cannot believe it! I am so sick and tired of the bs at my job and I have a vision every single day about resigning BUT I cannot as I don't have another job and a responsibility to my baby. Same with your OH! This is real life and he has to grow up and deal with it!!!

Sorry for ranting on your post :haha: I just get your frustration and anger!

Whoa Jyllian!! He did what?! I can't believe it!! Not cool man.. he better be printing out resumes as we speak..

He had told me earlier this morning he got an interview at a local power sports store for tomorrow at 10... but that doesn't guarantee a job nor does he know what the pay or hours are. Last week he finally got a chance to travel shortly out of town to apply for the an electrician apprenticeship. He had been talking about finding not just a job, but a career for himself and was super anxious about it. It was the last day to apply and he left with just enough time to make it there. Well the guy didn't tell him he would need some documents with him when he applied so he didn't get to. He was heartbroken and I felt so bad. I know he's been loathing this current job for some time and the boss(es) really have been dicking him around. They took him off his route and stuck him in the warehouse picking orders with a $1.25 pay cut! Lately it's been like they have really tried pushing his buttons and onto him big time to see if he'll crack... well he finally did. I think he was so anxious at the slightest possibility of a potential new job because of that interview he decided not to show up to his current job anymore. I'm so disappointed that he just up and quit without having anything solid lined up, no options for employment. That's just NOT what you do right now :nope: I had to run to the bathroom here at work and break down. I'm so upset and worried.

Not an easy position your in hun, we'll just all have faith with you that somehow this will all work out.

I can respect your oh feeling bummed out with his job / career but he has to be responsible right now.

Keeping you in my thoughts :hugs:

Thank you ladies. Idk I guess because both my boys I had epidural its more relaxing to me.... My second son was pushed out in 5-10 minutes.... My first was pushed out in 2. Both of them were comjng out facing me so I guess that's because my curved uterus? I really do want to look into no epidural...but I do not want to feel the pain of the baby coming out so I will have to be numb down there somehow, I've ripped both times and it hurt like hell.

Jyllian I would be livid!! Does he have something in mind or is he just going to wait and see what happens?

Do you ladies want to know something......the benefit of projectile puking in the shower is that you can wash the walls immediately. I totally just projectile puked up salmon colored cinnamon toast crunch across the shower. :doh:

Have any of you gone to the dentist in second tri? I was hearing that up to 40% of pregnant women have pregnancy induced gum disease, which can lead to preterm labor and low birth weight. Given the fact I've basically non stop puked for 19 weeks, my gums are in pretty bad shape. I'm nervous! I still need to call the eye doctor too because I think my headaches are a result of needing a stronger perscription.

He says he will have a job by the time I'm off work today. Well he's got 3 1/2 more hours... :coffee:

Jess I need to go to the dentist. I have a cavitiy that needs filled! My gums bleed a lot now.

With my first pregnancy I went to dentist in my second trimester. I got everything you imagine done lol my son sucked the life out of my teeth!

Sylvia did you have any other drugs besides epidural? It should take a bit longer than that to push which is probably why you had tearing. A lot of hospitals will try to speed it up and that can cause ripping which is no fun - but easier to heal than an episiotomy! If you're given plenty of time to push your body stretches and the risk of tearing is lower. You might always want to try squats during this pregnancy which will greatly help the perineum become flexible. You can try perineum massage too - most of my friends who have had natural births have done that and none have had tearing

I feel like natural birth is very empowering! You are absolutely capable of giving birth without interference - your body was made for this after all! It's just helpful to be prepared - it will make you much more confident. But only if it's really something you're interested in :)

Wow I'm sorry Jylian! That sounds stressful :( I hope he finds a job soon!!!

Cheryl :rofl: Oh I will be sure to update. He's actually at his interview as we speak (the one that was scheduled for tomorrow but he pushed it to today).

Agh, all this talk of burning, tearing and pain... makes me squirm :sick: I wouldn't be opposed to trying all natural BUT I am in no way against an epidural. With my son, labor was going so smoothly and easily I bet I could've did without. My mom was super impressed with how well I did handling my contractions. I was young and they said if I wanted the epi to get it because the nurse was there and available otherwise it could be too late. With my DD I had major back labor and remember crying in pain and agony and had my ex-husband crying with me. It was terrible! Nothing like my first labor :nope: Not at all. I tore with both. With this baby my OH wants me to go without (probably bc his mom did with all 3 of hers) but I say I will see how things are and go from there. I have nothing to prove to myself or anyone else. I just want to be somewhat comfortable and actually take in and enjoy every bit of the labor and delivery. What I'm more concerned about is after delivery and how things are handled. I want baby on me asap and no visitors until my OH and I have had time to bond with baby and I can relax and start trying to nurse :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->