Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Okay ladies guess who got herself some Horlicks :dance: :yipee:

I have a day's leave for tomorrow so that I can sort out all the medical stuff surrounding my ECG so I wont have the added stress of rushing around to make sure I get back to work in time etc.

I loved watching your video jyllian! So freaking bummed we are missing ours tomorrow :cry:

Do you remember when you started showing with your first? I know it was a while ago but figured I'd ask!

Aww that totally stinks you can't go to your appointment! I'd be heartbroken. I know you were anxious to hear the heartbeat. With my first I didn't show until about halfway.... but I was really trying to hide it from everyone. Once my news got out and I was able to relax, then I slowly started popping. Not sure if you saw the photo I posted earlier of me before my senior prom but I was 18-20 weeks there.

Oh and I just noticed the OP - is it Kenna? - doesn't have my due date with my name. It's September 2nd :thumbup:

That's my mom's birthday. You're having a labor day baby!

I'm so glad that everything went well at the doctors!

Question of the day: how much have each of you gained so far in your pregnancy? As of today, I am up 6 pounds. Kinda freaking but I know I need to gain more. At this point in the pregnancy according to my doctor I should be up at least 12 pounds by now.

That's what my boss said - Labor Day... how fitting :laugh2: I have gained 11 pounds - 136 to 147 - at 14 weeks. I was all excited thinking I did good at now gaining TOO much but the nurse had to burst my bubble and clarify that the recommended weight gain for first tri is 5 pounds. Seriously? I gained that within the first week or two! :rofl: I gained about 10 pounds more with my second pregnancy so thinking I may gain 10 more with this one than I did with my second, which would be 50 pounds total :wacko:

Forgot to mention, doctor said I measured 15 which is a week ahead. Baby measured a week ahead at my 12+1 volunteer ultrasound. Coincidence? :shrug:

I fit into one of my new tops I bought in a size larger for spring/summer when I would be bigger :dohh:

20150305_074658-1.jpg

Jyllian I think you might be a week ahead :rofl: I heard this girl yesterday who gained like 15-20 in the first tri and only 5 in the 2nd and 5 in the 3rd!

Pam so happy that everything sounds good! Sorry about your heart worries but hopefully the EKG will show everything is fine. Youre birthing at a hospital right? They would probably monitor you if you DONT decide to go for the c section I would think. But I'm with you! If I thought there were any serious issues Id be scrubbing in too!

Pam I'm sorry to hear about your heart too! I hope you get it all straightened out today. Keep us updated!! To be honest I would feel the same as you, not want to chance it even if the drs feel confident that you can try to go natural. Safety is so important! I was born with a heart murmur but I haven't had it checked with a scan since I was a child so your message reminded me that I probably should get that checked out too.

Jyllian- what a cute bump!!!

Cheryl that would NOT be good! I need all the extra time I can get!

Jyllian hahaha I mean.. Are you sure you know when you ovulated? Not that I want you to be due any sooner!!

Thanks ladies. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
The irregular beat is something that I've had for about 4-5 years and one of my aunts have it as well so I'm assuming it's a family thing. I only found this out after I told my dad about it.

I'm hoping all is fine as well. Just worried that it has increased since falling pregnant and that it now is at the point of flaring up if I over exert myself, stress or become excited etc. I have NO idea what my body is going to go through during birth so I'm afraid of spazzing out or something haha.

I'll let you guys know what the docs says tomorrow after I've been at the hospital for the ECG :hugs:

Pam if it makes you feel any better, my heart has been doing some pretty wonky things too. Not an extra beat but switching from high to low in a matter of minutes and making my chest hurt really bad. It could be that the extra beat is getting worse because you have more blood going through your heart and its larger now that you are pregnant.

My husband was so sweet and got me some bagels this morning after his meeting. I just wish I felt good enough to eat them.

I'm going by that assumption as well Jess. We have a lot of extra blood pumping during pregnancy so it's natural for our hearts to be working harder and taking more strain.
Having said that, reading it and acknowledging that it makes total sense I would just like the ECG and dr to confirm it :)

Very sweet of DH but a bummer you couldn't eat it :nope:

Cheryl according to my chart I'm pretty sure I ovulated on or close to December 11th (CD16) :shrug: I was half committed to charting that cycle because I just had enough of the chore and it ending in a :bfn: lol
FFDecChart.jpg

Omigosh Jess I'll eat the bagels for you YUM!!!

Jess I hope you feel better soon!!! That stinks you are this far along and still feel crappy!! Boo!

Pam- good luck tom! Let us know how it goes!

Ohhhh Jyllian I didn't realize you were charting. You just have a little power forward in there, no big thing! I already told DH, if we have a girl I'm training her to be a bilingual coder.. if it's a boy he better be a pointguard! Hahaha

Does anyone know how to determine placenta location? I showed my doctor photos from the volunteer ultrasound and he told me this was it:

2015-03-05_12.05.50.jpg

I also noticed that I could hear a very strong "woosh woosh" sound from the doppler on my left side yesterday picking up my heartbeat as the doctor was searching for baby's.

Just curious for when using Ramzi's Method to determine gender. I could have sworn the instructor at the volunteer ultrasound said right side... but I'm not 100% positive :shrug:

Ooooh another question/concern that actually popped up when my OH and I were discussing baby topics yesterday while waiting for me to be called back for my appointment:

How should I go about finding and establishing a physician for the baby?

I don't have a family doctor right now, the one myself and my kids did see has since retired. I have taken my son to a local pediatrician where he has been a patient for the past few years but I'm thinking since he'll be 14 this year it's time to switch to a general adult physician, one that myself and my OH (he doesn't have a primary care doctor either) would also see. I plan to take my daughter to said pediatrician, though she hasn't had any illness in the past couple years or any other reason to go {knock on wood} so has to have an initial visit to establish herself as a patient.

I'd like to use that pediatrician for the baby's as well. Do I call the office and explain or wait until after baby is born to set something up? I recall our family doctor (the retired one) coming to the hospital and getting a quick check of the baby and myself when my daughter was born. He had said she was a bit jaundice and required we stay an additional day at the hospital. So should I already have a doctor for baby in place ahead of time?

I think it looks like the uterus is mostly on the right side so that means boy right?!

I'd have the pediatrician picked out ahead of time. After the baby is born you won't want to be dealing with finding one fast! Since you typically have to bring the baby in to see the dr very soon after birth right ?

DH started fixing the dresser... :dance:

https://i57.tinypic.com/2uzb71l.jpg

Done..... After few hours..... :yipee:

https://i60.tinypic.com/2cntv09.jpg

I think it looks like the uterus is mostly on the right side so that means boy right?!

I'd have the pediatrician picked out ahead of time. After the baby is born you won't want to be dealing with finding one fast! Since you typically have to bring the baby in to see the dr very soon after birth right ?

Well looking at the photo what is on the left would be right for me and what's on the right would be left. So if it appears to be mostly on the right side then that's actually my left... girl?

And that's what I was thinking. Wanna have a doc in place and be ready as far as that goes :thumbup:

Looks like right side to me - but was that an abdominal ultrasound? If it's transvaginal it's true to the side you're seeing (like this would be right) but abdominal it's flipped. Like mine was trans-v and is on the right here

https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/IMG_5296-e1423707064226.jpg

But yours is more like.. on the bottom? But to the right

https://community.babycenter.com/po...e_ramzis_method_to_determine_the_babys_gender

Oh ok. I don't know then I'm confused:shrug: lol but what Cheryl says makes sense. Was it abdominal or vaginal?

Jess- do you have a fetal Doppler, and if yes, which one do you recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->