Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

I wish I could help you out, but honestly I have no idea. I can ask when I go to my ultrasound next week.

Here, I think they won't let you leave the hospital without a doctors appointment set up for your newborn. I have no idea how they expect you to fit that in with everything else that's going on but well have to try our best.

Ok so it looks like chances are it's a girl then!!

Jamie, i, jess and kenna have sonoline B fetal doppler and i recommend it. First time we used it we heard the heartbeat at 11w3d.

https://youtu.be/HqRD5ZZugxU

Oh ok. I don't know then I'm confused:shrug: lol but what Cheryl says makes sense. Was it abdominal or vaginal?

Jess- do you have a fetal Doppler, and if yes, which one do you recommend?

I am so sorry I missed this. I was wondering what Daphne was talking about. I have the sonoline B and I love it. It was $40 on ebay with free shipping. I'll do a youtube review on it if you want me too. I definitely recommend it though. I heard the heartbeat at 9 weeks, maybe a little less (but I'm tiny and the wee one is sitting pretty high). Its comparable to the ones the doctors use. I do love it though because it was so reassuring to be able to hear the babys heart if I was nervous or scared something had happened.

Can any of you ladies overnight me your doppler so I can check out this heartbeat before we post our announcement?! :cry: How will I ever wait until next week!!

Oh ok. I don't know then I'm confused:shrug: lol but what Cheryl says makes sense. Was it abdominal or vaginal?

Jess- do you have a fetal Doppler, and if yes, which one do you recommend?

I am so sorry I missed this. I was wondering what Daphne was talking about. I have the sonoline B and I love it. It was $40 on ebay with free shipping. I'll do a youtube review on it if you want me too. I definitely recommend it though. I heard the heartbeat at 9 weeks, maybe a little less (but I'm tiny and the wee one is sitting pretty high). Its comparable to the ones the doctors use. I do love it though because it was so reassuring to be able to hear the babys heart if I was nervous or scared something had happened.

I would Love a YouTube review on it from you if/when you get a chance! Thanks so much! I'm going to research it on eBay now too.

We decided to announce regardless and have had an amazing response!

https://i62.tinypic.com/14c43o2.jpg

That's so cute!!! I love the announcement idea Cheryl!! Did you post it on Facebook?

I think some of you probably have said this already but I never went back and read through this whole thread so sorry if this is redundant, but what are the names you all have picked out for your little ones ?! :)

Haha I don't blame him Cheryl !! My DH is super private and doesn't even want me to make a big announcement on fb!! I told him he's taking the fun out if it lol he's so darn private! So he agreed we can announce it when I'm well into my second trimester. He thinks everyone important will already know which is true but still!

ECG done and waiting for Dr. Had a medical student that did it so have to wait for Dr as I want to discuss with them... Will let you guys know when I'm done

Micah Benjamin for a boy, not sure about our girl name yet.

Good luck Pam. Hope everything goes well :hugs:

Thx Kirsty :D

Jamie, we are still debating on a name but nothing yet.

Murphy's law the extra beats weren't caught on the ECG but the Dr is worried as my resting heart rate is 103bpm which is too fast. They call it Tachycardia. Urine and bloods taken for testing to see if I have an infection or thyroid not properly functioning etc.

I have to wait until Tuesday for test results... At my 4 weeks ECG they weren't worried but now they seem a bit concerned to prompt extra tests.

Now tell my not to worry...

Hope tests result will come back normal, Pam.... Maybe your heart beats faster because it needs to pump more blood since you are carrying a little boy... :hugs:

Thanks Daphne, I've started reading up a bit on it and once again this is one of those things that can be normal for some or not normal. So we will have to wait.

My extra beats (what I actualy went for) are being brought on by stress whether emotional of physical and then now the super fast beating heart. The wait is going to really work on my nerves :haha: because I want to know what is wrong if any and how to treat it or deal with it etc.

How are you ladies doing today?

I'm surprised MY heart isn't beating super fast from stress :wacko: I'm so glad this week is over but not excited to start another... One entire week my OH has been unemployed and it's been tough on our relationship, to say the least. It's so hard getting up every morning and getting myself ready for the work day knowing he doesn't have a job :growlmad: I had told him earlier in the week that I feel HE is the one that's supposed to take care of the family and I'm supposed to count on him and I just don't feel that's the case whatsoever :nope: He's submitted resumes and applications at various places daily... but the thing is there isn't many great opportunities open and waiting out there right now. It doesn't happen instantly, and for him to tell me Monday (when he quit) that he'd have a job by the time I got off work was complete bologna and I knew it. He should have been thanking his lucky stars he HAD a job in the first place, whether he liked it or not. Well, on a more positive note at least we are making some progress on our bedroom remodel :coffee: Ooh, annnnd my boss is ordering pizza for everyone today... just because she wants to! And it's from my favorite local family owned place! Yum! Hope everyone's feeling ok!

Pam that's not your resting heart rate. That's your "holy sh*t I hope nothing is wrong omg What if I have to have a c section Ahhh I am being studied like a lab rat" sitting heart rate :haha: do you have one of those heart rate apps on your phone? When I go to a certain doctor to give blood my blood pressure is always way higher than anywhere else! I don't think you should worry :) can't wait for an update!

Great name kirsty!

Pam- I wish you the very best with your results. I hope you can find some way to relax. Bath? Candles ? Soft music ?

Mama bunny- pizza sounds amazing!!! I may need some for dinner now !!! I hope your oh finds a job soon.. Did he stop buying the beer/etc ??

I can't wait for pizza!!! :happydance: My OH still has chew and cigarettes so I'm gonna say no he has not stopping buying the crap :nope: He is taking his resume and application to a local car dealership where his dad works in the body shop in hopes of snagging something.

We were discussing today the option of him coming back to work at my employer. I referred him in but it was a seasonal position so he was laid off in the late fall during our maintenance downtime but guaranteed a callback when production started again. While on layoff he was able to collect unemployment but came across the opportunity to work for a local vending machine company working more hours, making more money and getting medical benefits. When it was time and he was asked to come back to my employer he regretfully declined, as our situation had changed with a baby on the way and after much thought he knew keeping the new job was the better option. Had he known how the vending machine job would slowly turn out he would have came back to my employer without hesitation.

I'm sure I failed to mention because I was so frustrated and upset, but here's the whole rundown as I feel I've totally pegged my OH as walking out on a job for no reason other than to be an idiot:

The job he was hired for went like this: he would drive a daily local route, stopping at various businesses to service vending machines throughout the day. His training pay (driving with a coworker/trainer) was set and then he would get a raise once he was running the route independently. His hours were 3:50am to anywhere from 3-5pm with a half hour lunch.

He was unable to take a lunch most days due to the extensiveness of his route. There are other drivers and routes that do not have nearly as many stops but the company doesn't divvy up the stops to equal out work time between drivers. He was accused of stealing product... he would NEVER. He brought home some expired vending treats right at first but was told it isn't allowed so that was that. The company is super unorganized and would have him making multiple stops back to the warehouse to grab items that weren't picked for his day or other misc. things, which wasted time and extended his already super long work day. Then on top of the long route hours, they were asking him to run additional errands/routes after he returned. The boss and supervisor's attitudes changed towards him and they seemed to be profiling or singling him out for whatever reason. As of recent (last week) they took him off his driving route and stuck him in the warehouse picking orders with a decrease in pay and no benefits, same hours. He came home one day and his feet were raw, blistered and in absolutely terrible shape from being on them all day. On top of that they began asking him to stay even LONGER and do additional work. Then told him when he came in this week his hours would be 11am-7pm. Basically they hired him in and completely changed his entire job around... not at all what he applied for or turned down my employer for! Finally my OH had enough and just didn't show up on Monday. I can understand his frustration but if he would have stuck it out for a week or two while actively finding a replacement job then it wouldn't be as bad as going without a paycheck for who knows how long now? And with everything we have going on... just not smart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->