Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Daphne everyone thinks that's what pregnant women want! It's so weird. People have already asked me if I have been craving it... But how am I to judge with my cjocolate fries?! :haha:

:rofl: I heard about it as well, thought it was your cravings... :rofl: The only thing i craved early on was KFC's gravy..... Now, i'm back to Hunger Games (as Aditi put it) and this time i only want chocolate cake.... Just that nothing crazy/weird to mix with it... :haha:

That's a cute video Cheryl. I'm probably the weirdest one so far......I haven't craved anything at all. The very thought of food makes me nauseous.

Cute video Cheryl!! you had me salivating until the pickle was added :rofl:

Yea mine haven't been any weird combos but I've definitely had cravings. Weeks 5&6 were all about McDonald's cheeseburgers!

Haha nice video Cheryl! I haven't had any cravings yet but curious if I will!
Ps. My boobs are officially sore!!

last night I had a bit of an emotional episode. I was laying in bed with my hands on my belly and tiny tot was just moving so much. S/he was making a figure 8 pattern and trailing a hand (or foot) across my belly. I started to cry (happy tears) because I've been so worried this whole pregnancy, and here my little one is playing around in my uterus. It was so much different than the usual pokes and jabs I get. Then I got to thinking about how I haven't really cried at all this pregnancy. I haven't cried at any of the ultrasounds, I havent cried when I heard the heartbeat for the first time, and I didn't cry when we found out what we were having. I thought I would be a lot more emotional through this.

I just got a bit emotional over being 2 days away from halfway there and trying to make a list of everything we are going to need for the tiny person so I can just check off what we get at the shower and have a handy dandy list of things left to buy. It sin't going so well though. On the bright side, we are up to about 50 people coming to the shower and I am surprising my hubby with a couple of his friends coming that he doesn't even know about.

Ah Jess, how sweet that your LO could reassure you like that :hugs: I've cried A LOT during this pregnancy and sometimes I cant even tell why :haha:

Dani, I'm all about McDonalds! I'm so excited for this weekend not because of the baby shower or my sister's kitchen tea but because I'll be close to McDonalds. OMG I am going to pig out on one of each burger they have!!!! So NOT even joking :haha:

Enjoy! They should totally change their marketing and target pregnant women :rofl:

I haven't had many mood swings yet. I think I've only had 2 random cries this whole pregnancy and no anger moments thankfully.

Cheryl I love the announcement video! Too cute!

Aww Jess you nearly made me cry! I can't wait to feel some good solid movement in my belly... and how much longer til you get to spill the beans to us?!?!

Jess- I can imagine it feeling very emotional and overwhelming! Knowing your baby is safe and sound inside your belly and happily moving around! So special

Have any of you ladies felt twinges on one side of your lower abdomen around 6 weeks? I've had this twinge on and off for a few days on my right side. It's not painful but I feel it. What could that be??? Makes me nervous.. I have no spotting.

Jyllian I can reveal to you guys after we tell our parents on Saturday......so 6-7 days.

Twinsie - I do remember feeling some twinges. They were just my uterus shifting into the proper position.

https://glittertextmaker.info/glittertext/holdz/z54fd3e25db506.gif

https://glittertextmaker.info/glittertext/holdz/z54fd303fd8cde.gif

https://glittertextmaker.info/glittertext/holdz/z54fd3098943c8.gif

Cheryl, welcome to the end of the 1st tri.. :yipee:

Jess- I can imagine it feeling very emotional and overwhelming! Knowing your baby is safe and sound inside your belly and happily moving around! So special

Have any of you ladies felt twinges on one side of your lower abdomen around 6 weeks? I've had this twinge on and off for a few days on my right side. It's not painful but I feel it. What could that be??? Makes me nervous.. I have no spotting.

We've all had some kind of twinge, cramp, ache, pain or pulling sensation depending on how you describe it during the early stages :flower:
As long as they don't become strong af-like pains with RED blood I'd say you are doing just fine :hugs:

Just gotta make it through this week! Jess you have super strong willpower... I would've caved by now!

We got A LOT done on our bedroom remodel over the weekend. Room is basically all emptied out, last sheets of drywall hung, primer on walls and ceiling is getting painted. We'll need to go get our wall paint and get that up because we are likely ordering the carpet sometime early this week :happydance: My OH got a couple friends over Friday and Saturday to help him and really busted his butt over the entire weekend to get over the major hump of work that needed done so now all that's basically left is cosmetics :thumbup:

Still unemployed, however... He was heading out this morning to apply for work he heard about and is also going to apply for some jobs he saw in the paper yesterday. He's trying but it's still very depressing because I know he won't be getting a paycheck at the end of this week... and he's continuing to smoke and chew tobacco. Plus, we were out with family to celebrate his grandfather's birthday and he bought a beer with his dinner. Seriously, why spend money on alcohol right now?! I ordered the least expensive item on the menu with a (free) water and even if I wasn't pregnant I still would not have ordered alcohol. Hoping for a miracle this week...

Thanks for the reassurance ladies:hugs: the twinges have stopped for now!

Mama- I would probably be telling DH he can't buy beer or cigs/etc. your handling it better than I would!! I would be more strict but more power to you being more calm than I would be!! I don't know your financial situation with living on just your income. I hope you guys will be ok and he gets a job soon!:hugs: and that's great about the remodel!

Great news about the renovations getting done now, Jyllian. I hope OH gets a job soon!!

Happy 12 Weeks Cheryl! From your posts it seems you've had an easy 1st tri so far :D

That's great about the renovations Jyllian but crappy that your hubby still doesn't have a job! I bet he feels like he should have thought it through more.

I just need to get something off my chest that is really making me mad. I can't stand how idiotic people are! Over the weekend I made a list of all the housework I want to get accomplished. Looking around I can see what I need to do, but wanted a list so I could check stuff off as it got done. I posted it on facebook with the caption "I made a list of everything (I think) I want to accomplish.....wish me luck." One person commented "you're not going to accomplish anything if you only think you want to....you gotta want to accomplish it then you will." A member of my husbands family (whom neither I or my husband has ever met) said "bucket lists are for old people."

Alright morons, first off: the I think part is regarding thinking everything is on the list, not thinking about getting the things on the list done. If you actually read the things on the list.....they are obviously things that have to get done before the wee one comes. Secondly: bucket lists are certainly not only for old people, and I can guarantee you laundry and dishes wouldn't be on my bucket list. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid!

Sorry for the rant, I had to let it out!

Jess how is that even a bucket list?! I thought that was a list of things like skydiving, traveling to a foreign country, etc... not housework! To me, you're being extra organized and seeing tasks checked off a list is a great way to assure yourself you're getting things accomplished. I actually just checked off a bunch on my bedroom remodel list - I made it so it would help me see the progress as I mark things off :thumbup: And I'm thinking the person misread your title... to me, it wasn't about whether you were unsure that you wanted to accomplish everything but rather that you "think" you listed everything but there may be more to add to it or some to remove as you see fit. I swear, some people...

And thanks everyone I'm really pleased the room is coming along. My OH even told me today I'm not freaking out over money like I did when he was laid off and I'm keeping pretty calm :laugh2: I said well here's what's all going through my head that I've been holding in... and proceeded to dish out all my concerns and stress, via text in a calm manner. I just don't see me constantly being in a funk helping anything. What's done is done. I do see him making daily attempts to get another job, applying for work as well as all the effort he's putting in at home to get the remodel done as that has been a huge concern of mine. I am trying not to beat him down so much, as I tend to do that at times. I keep telling myself it'll all work out eventually...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->