Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Boredome went on a date with curiosity and they killed the cat... :rofl:

Okay so a while ago I posted about leaning towards Jessie being a boy and I just can't wait for 20 week u/s to find out for sure. I will however be happy either way girl or boy :)

I just did the baking soda gender prediction test. Your drop a little of your urine on 2 tbsp of baking powder. If it nothing happens you may be having a girl and if the mixture starts to fizz you may be having a boy.

Mine fizzed like a mother upper :)

Again I know this isn't accurate (although 70% of the women who took part in the study got the correct answer) was just something fun to do. Will be happy regardless of whether Jessie is a boy or a girl!

See you ladies made me want to pee on stuff so I took to the baking aids hahaha.

Now your turn to go and do it and then we see how many of ours were correct when we find out the genders later! You gals up for it?

Yay Jess!!!! Woohoo! I was going to ask if you wanted to join!!! Just finished watching your video and its so beautiful! I'm so ecstatic for you!!!! Can't wait for your US on the 4th!!!!!! We finally got our BFP! Woohoo!!!!

Pamela, we are secretly hoping we have a little boy (Shawn) but would be over the moon either way!

Thanks Kenna. I'm contemplating calling the on call doctor as I have been having some sharp pains and dull cramps since yesterday and a very sore back. I don't quite know what to expect especially after 3 miscarriages. Did any of you have this?

I think I can safely say that we have all had this Jess.

I kept thinking af cramps seeing that I found out 3w4d and was so afraid of chemical.

I've read many articles saying that the cramping during early pregnancy is normal as your uterus and surrounds will start making place for your baby. Brown spotting is also common for some women. Try not to let that get to you and just be on the lookout for red blood with strong cramps. They say the cramps should be bearable as well, must not get too strong.

With your great numbers I'm sure your bean is just making sure that he/she is nice and comfy :)

i had cramps for as long as i can remember and i think it's just normal as long as the pain is not severe and accompanied with blood then you should be fine. I know you've have MCs before and that for sure will haunt you with every bits of twinges you feel down there. I'm praying that this one sticks and all is well.

Jess, I was thinking even though we can all tell you that we have had it if you would feel more comfortable you can call the dr.

I remember after my FIL passed away dh had severe panick attacks and always felt like he was having a heart attack. It always calmed him a bit if a dr looked at him.

I hope what you are feeling is normal like we've had :hugs:

So I'm wondering if my placenta has started to take over... I've been feeling surprisingly good since yesterday morning when it comes to eating... I was worried about the nausea sort of being gone and many ladies on Google have had the same thing on or about 9 weeks. The ms lessens a bit as the placenta starts taking over and placenta should be fully functioning by 12 weeks.

Maybe I'm lucky and it started a bit earlier for me :)

You ladies don't half chat! How're you all doing since I last checked in? X

Hi Kirsty! How arte you and Leo? No signs of him coming earlier anymore?

I'm hanging in there. My ms seems to have lightened way up since yesterday. Made up for it and ate a lot. Fx everything is still fine and that I'm just lucky in it stopping early.

I'm still on bed rest but he's doing really well so far and we're feeling pretty optimistic that he'll stay put until at least 37 weeks. I've got another appointment tomorrow morning so I'll check back after that. I'm really hoping they decide to take me off of bed rest so I can go back to work for another month at least.

My morning sickness came as and when it pleased after my first trimester. You're nearing the end of your first trimester now so fingers crossed it lightens up for you too! X

Question: does anyone know what baking soda is supposed to do for not pregnant women? I wanna pee on it now too, just for fun (still dk whether I am or not yet) but wouldn't know how to read the results assuming I'm not preggers..

Pamela, mine ease off at around the same time as you... Still had few episodes though but not like before... I googled as well and found this.

"Gestational Weeks 7 to 14

Between gestational weeks 7 and 10, the placenta starts to produce progesterone, replacing the corpus luteum as the primary source for the remainder of your pregnancy. Progesterone levels often plateau or sometimes even decrease during this transitional period. After week 10, progesterone levels start to increase again to reach a first-trimester peak of 15 to 60 ng/ml, notes an article in the January 2004 issue of "Gynecological Endocrinology." Levels will continue to increase throughout pregnancy. Expect them to be even higher if you are pregnant with twins or triplets. These higher levels of progesterone relax smooth muscles in the uterus to help make room for your growing baby and prevent uterine contractions. Unfortunately, the smooth muscle in the digestive tract is also affected, possibly leading to heartburn, indigestion, hemorrhoids and constipation."

It is around this time that placenta starts to take over and starts to replace pregnancy hormones (HCG), which causes most of our symptoms, with progesterone hormones. So i'm feeling ok after reading that.. I continued temping and my temps had a decreasing pattern from 8w1d until yesterday 10w3d (my lowest temp near the cover-line, just .4 degrees higher) and today, 10w4d, it jumped back up. I'm going to continue temping til after 12weeks when they say the placenta will now be fully formed and progesterone will continue to increase. I wanted to see if i'm really going by the book here. It's my only assurance while waiting for any appointments.

Thanks for that info, Daphne!!! :hugs:

Making me feel a lot better as well. I think for us who are going through this for the 1st time we don't know what to expect and what is normal or not. So I feel better because I can eat :dance: and better knowing that this is just the placenta starting to do its thing :)

Brianna, I'm not sure what the baking soda would do if you were not pregnant. It's not accurate either when you are pregnant - just something fun to do and not to be relied on. Try to google it and see if it gives you better answers, sorry

Kirsty, keep us updated once you've been for your appointment! I hope that it all goes well and that Leo stays in there till 37 weeks. Oh and yes that is an order little man :)

Oh and it would seem my constipation has become a little better as well.
Sorry for the TMI but 2nd day in a row that I could 'go'

I'm having some gagging this morning but still better than the period I went through where I could not eat at all!

That's good.... I forgot to mention yesterday I got so dizzy i almost faint while i was waiting for a taxi going to work. Good thing i found a post where i could lean on for while and waited til i felt a breeze on my nape. And last night i got to release after 2 days constipation :haha: Stayed hours in the loo i even saw small blood in my stool.... Sorry TMI.

Saw this now... And i'm heartbroken... How could a person leave her child for 5 days in a drain??? No matter what her reasons are, this is unacceptable. A lot of women are trying so hard to have a child and it's just so easy for her or some to just throw away their miracle.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...rm-drain-mom-charged-attempted-murder-n254691

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->