Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

So.......I went back and read but can't remember who said what so I'll do my best.....

Laura - I'm sorry your symptoms went away for a bit and caused some concern. I really hope everything is ok!

Daphne - I just about died from your picture....I had Ronny check, I have one too! Not as pronounced as yours though.

Pam - that would be great if they paid you to leave now! I have heard about the mucus plug coming out and then re growing.

Everything is going to be happening fast!

AFM: spent a few hours in Ob screening. I got really worried about the tremors I've been feeling Luke make for a bit. They were more concerned about the fluid. Either way, I was hooked up and he was moving like crazy with a steady heart beat. The fluid is just discharge and everything is still looking good.

I'm glad that you and Luke are well looked after Jess! Also happy that everything is fine :hugs:

Goodness - I'm not even going to try to remember all of that!

I hope everyone's symptoms are not causing too much discomfort, that the babies are all doing well, that employers are being understanding and that planning is going nicely.

AFM, I think I have FINALLY broken the back of this cold. I can't believe how much my immune system has been impacted by the pregnancy. Could be a long winter here....

So much! Let's see...

Dani, getting the nursery furniture will be so exciting!! We haven't painted obviously but love going in ours sometimes just to imagine where the little one will be soon :)

Daphne and Pam I just still can't get over the fact that you will both be basically going on ML right after we have the gender reveal party!! Those 30+ weeks have gone by so fast

Baby was going ca raaaaaazy today so I finally got a few little kicks on video. I didn't point them out yet but can you see them?! Little thumps :) though they feel big inside!

https://youtu.be/oKjCA2YCjwo

Oh yeah, we leave tomorrow for our babymoon!!! Woohoo!!! Mother's Day in New Orleans too, Awwww yeah! :happydance:

Ah Cheryl, I'm jealous of your babymoon! Having said that I hope you have a wonderful time :hugs:

https://glittertextmaker.info/glittertext/holdz/z554c73e58173c.gif

Cheryl, i see your baby's little kicks...oh, have a wonderful time and enjoy babymoom!!! :dance:

Jess, it really is pronounced irl. Pictures make it a little invisible.... Glad you and Luke are doing fine.

Oh yeah daphne I meant to say I loved your bump pictures this week!! DH does an awesome job!

Oh lord it happened again you guys! Finally got to poo and dropped over 1.4 pounds! Thank goodness.. I was a little like uh..... Don't think I should be gaining so quickly... :rofl: I had cactus paddles last night, maybe those are the cure!

Edit: just looked it up and they are totally an old Mexican constipation cure!!!! Loading up now :happydance:

What an eventful day I've had!! I am knackered :sleep:

I've posted yesterday about some brown discharge in pantyliner etc and how I came to the conclusion that I was losing a little bit of mucus plug. I thought my body was busy making "future arrangements" for labor... Anyhow turns it was not even close to mucus plug.

I came home lunch time, went to the loo, wiped and had some red on tp and brown on the liner again. I called the clinic and the sister told me to come in as it sounds like my mucus plug is being lost and the groin and vagina pain I complain of might be dilation :shock: I go in and get an internal exam (OMEHOLYCRAP did that hurt!). No dilation and she thinks it is plug.

To top this all off Matthew has not been active today... I felt him a few times this morning before getting out of bed and since he has really been very quiet and when I do feel something I wasn't sure that it was him. Wait there is more I start getting back aches and I haven't really had that as a pregnancy symptom.

I decide to go to hospital so that they can rather monitor me. At hospital they put me on the monitor (thank God they weren't dismissive and took my concerns to heart) and my bp is normal, heart rate elevated but okay. Find baby's heart rate and he goes steady between 140 to 160 bpm while monitored with no dips. So heart beat found but he still didn't really move around.

Hospital does ANOTHER internal exam and Dr says that my cervix has become longer but not dilated yet. No discharge found around cervix so off I go to pee in cup and what do we know I have contracted bladder/kidney pipe infection AGAIN... this now marks 4th or 5th one this pregnancy... I've lost count. On antibiotics again and the brown and red discharge is due to the infection. I'm also dehydrated according to tests and apparently my exhaustion/dehydration causes sleepy baby. Not sure how true that is but according to the hospital that could be why he has been so quiet today.

Hospital gave me their personalised kick chart to complete. Lie down for an hour a day, count movements up to 4 per hour. If less than 4 in that hour, do it again for another hour and if still less than 4 movements go to the hospital immediately.

I've been so busy at work the last few days since returning from leave + having to train 2 people that I can actually see how I might have slipped up a bit on the water.

Oh and just as a matter of interest after 2 internal exams today my vagina does not have a happy face right now... EFFING sore is what it is :haha:

Holy crap Pam! Glad you got it checked out and that everything with Matthew is OK... also that you got what you need to clear up the infection. My mom said there was a day when I didn't move at all for her and she was scared to death! But the next day I was back at it :thumbup:

Cameron has been a wild man lately, moving alot during the day but I can tell when he's having his naps. I had my right arm resting on the upper side of my belly and he kept kicking it until I moved it off. Then ten minutes later I set my arm there again and got kicked :haha: He's already a little stinker!

That sucks Pam!! Glad little Matthew is okay though. I started losing my plug at 24 weeks with Luca so I know how stressful that can be. :hugs:

Thansk ladies not only for the support but taking time to read that long ass post :rofl:

I was really stressed after it turned red. I mean I know the plug can be lost in bits leading up to birth so I wasn't worried last night. I was actually proud of my body for seeming to know what to do etc. But all that happened today just was too weird and thought better to go to hospital and make sure than leave it because I think it is "normal" etc.

I hate antibiotics but I'll do it.

There is still some things to do before Matthew can come so I would appreciate it if my body just keeps up to its end of the deal. I'm not 100% ready yet and need some more time.

So glad you got trusted your instinct and got checked. Water and rest for you young lady! I get busy at work and forget my water so I set my alarm throughout the day to remind me.

Speaking of water... it's all I want today (and FOOD, of course)! I just checked and my phone says it's 86 degrees here in northern Ohio which is the hottest it's been so far this year. I love warm weather... but when you work in a plant that makes a hot asphalt based material it gets a little stuffy! Thankfully my main duties outside of the office area are done for today and I'm now sitting at my desk enjoying an amazing chicken Caesar salad and baguette from Panera :toothpick:

20150508_124748.jpg

mmmmm that looks good, Jyllian. I'm making mac and cheese for dinner.

Have had loads of water and will make sure to get myself well hydrated through this weekend as well. I have had this "thirst" throughout my pregnancy and have always drank A LOT of water so I'm not very happy with myself that I slacked for 2 days. I should be better for Matthew.

He has picked up his movements a bit while busy with dinner so I guess he feels me feeling better :D

Oh and the fetal monitor was a bit weird. At some points it distorted the heart beat a bit and it sounded funny. DH proceded to put his hand into his armpit while the nurse was out and made fart sounds with his hand/armpit and I swear it sounded just like the machine :rofl: He normally gets to joking when he notices me being nervous which I kind of appreciate because it makes me feel better.

I was lying in the room where I would actually give birth so got to check out a lot of the stuff in there and the goggles that looked like ski masks kind of freaks me out :shock: I also think I might ask them to do minimal monitoring with the machine becuase as soon as the machine starts to distort the sound it freaks me out and my own heart rate would increase. I think that causes me more stress because even though nothing is wrong, I cannot see the screen and it sounds wrong.

Anyone else planning to use or not use a fetal heart rate monitor during labor?

This is not to scare anyone but with my experience while in labor with my DS, baby and I were doing just fine and nothing seemed out of the ordinary... but then the FHR machine began beeping which caught my mom's attention. There weren't any doctors or nurses in my room or coming in at the time so she went and got one and it's a good thing she did - my son's heart rate had dropped enough to trigger the beeping. My doctor came in and immediately got everything ready for me to deliver. Here, as my son descended further down into the birth canal the cord became wrapped around his neck and pulled tighter as he progressed. I recall my doctor saying he wanted to use forceps and I was upset and I'll never forget as he looked right at me and said "either I can use the forceps or we are going to have to prep you for a c-section". I immediately gave him the OK to use forceps and deliver my son as quickly as possible. My sister had been videotaping my labor and some of me pushing I believe, but my doctor asked her to turn off the camera... likely just in case something bad were to happen during delivery or once my son was out. I do have a photo of my son right after he was delivered, my doctor holding him up before taking him straight to the table for evaluation. His little lips looked bluish and his chest was sunken in and you can see his little ribs. He looked lifeless... I'm not fully sure what the situation was once he was born, but my son began crying shortly after and was eventually brought to me. If I hadn't had that monitor hooked up to me and something wasn't done as quickly as it was, who knows what could have happened :shrug: This is one of the reasons I personally prefer a hospital setting for labor and birth and have absolutely no objections to any monitors or machines.

I'm so sorry that his birth was scary Jyllian :hugs:
Thanks for telling me your story! I appreciate it and hearing real life stories helps better with deciding in what to do during birth.

Here's my start on shopping. All the boy clothes except the sailor suit are new, all the girl clothes except the hello kitty outfits are hand-me-downs, all the gender neutral clothes are new purchases, all the socks and mitts and shoes except the boxed set are also hand-me-downs, and all the rest was cheap stuff I bought for the reveal gift I gave Lalo. My apt is the 26th. So excited to get there. Once I've had an ultrasound to be 100% how far along I am, I'll be content to enjoy every day of my pregnancy...

Attachments

• untitled (6).jpg
    untitled (6).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 5
  • untitled (7).jpg
    untitled (7).jpg
    36 KB · Views: 5
  • untitled (8).jpg
    untitled (8).jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 6
  • untitled (9).jpg
    untitled (9).jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 5
I don't recall it really sinking in at the time, like I didn't fully comprehend what was really going on and the severity of it. I was 18 and not very educated about conception, pregnancy and birth like I am now... but just thinking back on it really makes me feel super lucky to have had a wonderful doctor and staff and fortunate to have a perfectly healthy, smart, handsome teenage boy! Now I'm curious as if they had to resuscitate my son or what exactly happened after I delivered... I suppose it doesn't matter now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->