Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Wow Pam- I'm so glad everything turned out ok today ! Drink up girl! Don't be too hard on yourself, just use it to help remind yourself from now on. I like Dani's alarm idea.

Jyllian- scary! I'm glad everything turned out ok,with your son!! I do agree with both Pam and you. The monitor noises are not at all calming ! But I think they are necessary. And I'd rather be safe than sorry. Thanks for sharing your story!

Thanks for sharing Jyllian. One of the things I love about this thread are the real-life experiences we can all share as we go through pregnancy together. I feel so detached and uninformed about pregnancy. I love the tips!

Wow Pam, so glad everything turned out ok!!! And glad Matthew is feeling better, as is mama :) just to give you the flip side of the monitors, having regular fetal monitoring is shown to also increase the rate of unnecessary c-sections and interventions. Of course In cases like Julian's it was necessary! I don't know many places that will let you go without it totally but we are asking for intervals not constant. Heart rates change and nurses can freak out and you end up with a surgical birth even though everything was fine. I have some friends locally that happened to :/ plus I really really want to be able to move! Lying on your back works against labor and it's hard to get really free with the monitor on you all the time. My best friend her baby had he cord wrapped tight around his neck but they didn't use EFHM and the doctors somehow knew. I forget the details!

We are officially on the road! I brought a case of ginger ale cuz I read you can bring up to 12 sodas on the boat.. Those ginger ales are such a lifesaver when I have heartburn or just fire belly :haha: I'm such a dork, carrying soda up the gang plank!

Thanks Cheryl! I've read your side of the monitor story too online.

My initial request will stand for now that they can do monitoring but not constant. I think they do it like that anyway because I thought back to labor ward and now remember seeing birthing balls and I know they encourage movement. I don't want to be on my back constantly either so will be for monitoring purpose and then I'll get up and start moving around.

Have tons of fun on the boat and enjoy your babymoon :dance:

Remember to take holiday bump pics :D

Oh girls I packed my tripod and everything! Can't let a week go by without bump pics! I'm doing a vlog with my super silly 3 year old "niece" tomorrow too :D

You guyssssss, the chocolate mousse cake for my mom I just spent an hour and a half making fell on the freaking floor just now. I was practically done with it. I just cried like a little baby over that. So annoying!!!!!!!!! I don't wanna make another one :( ugh!!!!

PAm - I bet you were pretty scared but I'm so glad you and Matthew are both ok! I personally am requesting continuous monitoring so we know if something wonky is going on.

Cheryl - have fun!! Are you going to have wifi?

Jamie - I'm sorry you dropped the cake!! What are you going to do now?

Jyllian - thank you for sharing about your son. When I was born, my mom was on,y dialated to like 7 and said she needed to go to the bathroom. She pushed once and my head was out (in the toilet but not in the water). My dad went and got a real jerk of a nurse who was insistent that my mom wasn't dialated enough and as soon as she looked in the toilet she saw me and ran out to go get the doctor. My dad carried my mom to the bed because "no child of his is going to be born in the toilet", and when he dropped my mom on the bed the rest of my body came out and he literally caught me before I could hit the floor. The docs came in and I was literally blue and not breathing.....everyone ran out and left my mom laying in the bed.

DH being the sweet guy he always is, told me to go relax and he'd bake the cake for me early tomorrow morning before we have to leave.. I love that man!!! Lol. I'm sure I'll end up helping him tomorrow but him offering made me feel better in the moment! I HATE wasting, so I'm more upset about the fact that we have to buy new ingredients and can't use the original. I'm over it, but thanks for listening :)

Wow Jess! That's crazy about your burth story! So glad you turned out ok! Why do nurses have to be so rude and mean?!!

Omg Jamie my jaw literally dropped when I read what happened! That's the worst! At least DH is being super sweet :) mine would just be like just go buy a new one!!! Haha

Jess I hope so!! It's also some huge playoff games for our team so I hope we have tv too.. And that is such a crazy story about your birth! Those nurses sound like grade A b's

A lot happened in a day!!!! :wacko:

Pam - So sorry you got the infection again for the nth time but i'm super happy that you caught it early.... You really have a very good instinct. :thumbup: Glad Matthew is doing great. I'd take the antibiotic as long as it's prescribed by a doctor, we don't want this infection to affect our child and even cause an early/premature labor..

Jyllian, thanks for sharing your son's birth story.... Love reading personal experiences from people i know.

Jamie, that really sucks about the cake.... But hopefully you/DH managed to do another one... He's very sweet..... <3

Jess, your birth is a scary one.... Glad you're safely delivered and not in the toilet. I can't imagine having my son in the toilet.... :nope:

Fi, hope you feel better soon....

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

https://i58.tinypic.com/300snjd.gif

:yipee: 1 more week and Matthew will be considered pre-term. Oh, happy 40-ish days left. :yipee:

https://i57.tinypic.com/jzv30o.gif

:wohoo: It's Q's V-day in just 7 days!!!! :wohoo:

Oooooh have fun Cheryl! Can't wait to see photos and of course I'd never miss your bump update!

Oh my gawwwwd Jess I can't believe you nearly got your first swirly before you were even fully born :laugh2: On a serious note though, that's crazy how it all happened and that everyone pretty much left your mom hanging. It was super important to tend to you at the time but hellooooo what about your mom as well?! Was she OK after all that?

Oh no Jamie! I would have cried too!

Kinda makes me think of my current issue with these damn diaper cards... So I created them on my computer at work on Thursday. I ordered wallet size prints online that get printed like immediately at a local store so then I can just go pick them up. Well the first order I placed was for glossy finish and I wanted matte like the invites so I immediately called and even though the prints were already processed, she voided my order and I placed another one for matte prints. I picked them up and even though I checked them at the store, I didn't notice the little green spell check squiggle line had transferred from my Word processor to the image and printed :dohh: It was more noticeable at home and even my OH said I should reprint them and he is usually less picky about stuff like that. So yesterday I resubmitted an order for the prints and picked them up that evening. I checked them and after paying looked again and realized they were GLOSSY :growlmad: Ugh! I just dumped them in the trash on the way out of the store. So now I have to reorder the prints for a fourth time...

Oh Jyllian that is super annoying. I'm surprised the little squiggle lines transferred too! That's super weird. I'm glad OH is supportive though :) mine would be like whatever they're fine. Ha! Probably because he knows I'm such a perfectionist anyway that there's no way I'm gonna let it go

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->