Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Pamela your bare bump is beautiful! Absolutely perfect!

Glad everyone had an enjoyable Mother's Day weekend! Dani that sounds like something I would do, not celebrate Mother's Day so I wouldn't have to do it for Father's Day :laugh2: We are ALL mothers now, whether it be from previous children or the ones we are carrying inside or both! :hugs:

I got a double does of attention over the weekend because it was also my birthday :winkwink: My OH took me out for dinner at the new Quaker Steak & Lube for wings on Friday evening while my son was at Cedar Point for their season passholder night. I had to work Saturday morning on my birthday but only for a few hours. I went in an hour early so I could beat the hot weather and then have the rest of the day to do whatever. When I got home, my OH and son told me to go downstairs for a bit... they were scrambling to finish up their surprise for me. My OH brought down a sweet birthday card and a bag of Sour Patch Kids and then gave me some gel nail polish I had been eyeing up now that my natural nails are grown out again. My son gave me a card as well. I was thrilled to have that :happydance: But then they rushed me upstairs and outside to show me the calla lilies my son picked out for me! I had seen some while out and wished I would've got some to plant outside so it was perfect! I have them sitting in our front window. Then they told me to turn away and when I could turn around my OH had a big beautiful hanging planter of flowers for me! I lost my composure and started crying because I was so surprised they spent most of the morning running around to get me these things. I wasn't expecting it, all I had asked for was the hanging planter for my special weekend but after receiving the other things, didn't think he got me that as well.

20150509_134339.jpg
20150509_134419.jpg
20150509_113429.jpg

We went out for lunch and my mom met us. Then we came back home and did some work in the yard and I got to lay out in the sun for a bit. I made sure to sunscreen my linea nigra :thumbup:

20150509_145709.jpg

I got a free pizza from a local place because it was my birthday so that took care of dinner Saturday night! My OH took my son and I out for breakfast yesterday morning then went to Target where I found a cute tankini top since my boobs nearly flop out of my pre-preggy bathing suits and some white skinny jeans/ capris to wear with a flowy top I bought last week from Kohls. We picked up my daughter from her dad and then my mom stopped over to visit a bit and I gave her the big pot of pink geraniums and a card for Mother's Day. Then my OH, the kids and I went out for dinner with my OH's dad, his treat! I thought that was really sweet of him.

Birthday bump
tdOwU46ZEnhAKyTCyEV-il9ipx-KSRIy8FuNAn_RzaE=w211-h521-no

Mother's Day bump
VmlQlTBnDLed-4UZhPaemm3P9c794GIE78Q9gDzyI1A=w245-h565-no

Out for dinner on Mother's Day
20150510_183222-1.jpg

Now I gotta think of something clever to do for my OH for Father's Day :dohh:

Wow Jyllian you look amazing!!! Glad you had an amazing weekend and happy belated birthday :D

To be honest I could not see your linea as I was distracted by your boobs :blush: AHMHAZING haha

Cute pics Jyllian! Que, maybe I missed it. Have you confirned how far you are?

I woke up this morning with such excitement about the future! I'm actually excited now about my nursery furniture coming instead of having anxiety.

My focus for the week is finding a little getaway for me and DH. Something inexpensive but beachy!

Lovely pictures Jyllian.... :D You and your kids are beautiful.... And that bump is so tight as well as the side boob... :haha:

Pamela :rofl: While my OH was mowing the grass in our backyard I began skipping towards him and he got distracted and messed up his mow lines :haha: My bikini tops don't give much coverage now :holly:
I wouldn't wear my pre-preggy bikinis out in public, just mostly in our backyard and around the house. I got a cute polka dot tankini top to wear with black bottoms :thumbup:

Cheryl I can't wait to see your bump update!!!

I had to wait for it to upload but here's a quick little video I threw together late yesterday evening for a Facebook shoutout to my mommy :blush: It features many photos of my brother, who passed away nearly a year ago. This was her first Mother's Day without him :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXR0lgAz0AM&feature=youtu.be

Love the video.... Sorry about your brother.... I think your son looks exactly like your mom.... :D

Jyllian- what a wonderful wknd!! Hilarious about your boob distraction. So sorry about your brother :(

For all those using cloth diapers- I applaud you!!! I would prob do it too to save lots of money if it weren't for DH! He is very squeamish and I picture him vomiting all over just thinking about poopy diapers going in the washer lol. He is a huge germaphobe!! So that's that!

Dani- so glad you are excited now and anxiety is gone! That's great. I'm planning a day trip to newport RI for DH and me in a few weeks after the reveal party! We can't afford a baby moon since we are buying a house in a few months but day trips are great! Where you thinking of going?

Daphne- glad you had a good appt! You're so close I can't contain my excitement for you!!!

I agree! It's crazy to think that a few of our ladies are thisclose to giving birth!

Cute pics Jyllian! Que, maybe I missed it. Have you confirned how far you are?

I woke up this morning with such excitement about the future! I'm actually excited now about my nursery furniture coming instead of having anxiety.

My focus for the week is finding a little getaway for me and DH. Something inexpensive but beachy!

I am so happy to see that you are excited! It is a lovely feeling and I hope it never leaves you :flower:

Pamela :rofl: While my OH was mowing the grass in our backyard I began skipping towards him and he got distracted and messed up his mow lines :haha: My bikini tops don't give much coverage now :holly:
I wouldn't wear my pre-preggy bikinis out in public, just mostly in our backyard and around the house. I got a cute polka dot tankini top to wear with black bottoms :thumbup:

Cheryl I can't wait to see your bump update!!!

I had to wait for it to upload but here's a quick little video I threw together late yesterday evening for a Facebook shoutout to my mommy :blush: It features many photos of my brother, who passed away nearly a year ago. This was her first Mother's Day without him :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXR0lgAz0AM&feature=youtu.be

:rofl: OH messing up his mow lines.... I might just pee myself here! In his defense though I can see how that could happen :D

I'm sorry about your brother :hugs:

I agree! It's crazy to think that a few of our ladies are thisclose to giving birth!

If it helps any, I don't think we can believe how close it is either :shock:

I mean we are couting down less than 50 days already!

We all are really getting close to the finish line. Checking my list again and can't help but smile. If we all give birth on our due date we have the following numbers of babies born per month:

April - 1
June - 2
July - 2
September - 5
October - 3
December - 2

https://i61.tinypic.com/2ivjqkx.jpg​

I didn't think about a day trip! We could just go overnight to get away. We're close to several beaches but the rates are ridiculous during this time of year.

Daphne you are so organized with everyone's dates! Is that a special program you use? At first, before I knew you have a chart, I was like 'Howwwww does this woman remember all of this information... especially while pregnant?!' :wacko:

Where is Cheryl with her bump update?! :coffee: A babymoon is no excuse to slack! :haha:

Ya I hear you! That's why I don't wanna stay overnight. It's easily $300 plus just for one night and most decent places do t allow just one night

No special programs i listed you all in excel and did some formula that updates everyday. :D I had to do it because i don't want to miss anyone from my weekly greetings... :dance:

https://i60.tinypic.com/2ryhkjd.jpg

OK so I'm having a bit of a mild panic over something that's months away... but still important to me. It's regarding OH's mom...

She has been buying quite a bit of baby stuff off Facebook garage sale pages - clothes, swing, playpen, etc. - and is keeping most of it at her house. Fine. But... my thought is, like HOW much does she plan on having this baby? Because, honestly, I'm not too comfortable with our newborn having extended visits there without my OH and I present. Not because I don't trust HER per say, but my OH's brother lives there and so does his giant pitbull (mix?) dog. Not sure if everyone caught a glimpse of my previous issues regarding my OH's pitbull mix: Maybe a good thing I haven't conceived. Need to vent. Thoughts are welcome.
His brother's dog is hyper, slobbery, jumps on people and things and could likely scratch or hurt the baby in some way and I don't want to risk it whatsoever :nope: Also, his sister lives there also and his mom allows them to smoke marijuana in the house :saywhat: Seriously? First off, it's ILLEGAL here in Ohio and secondly, I don't want my baby around that sh*t. What if something were to happen and law enforcement got involved? What would happen to my infant son in that sort of situation? They also smoke cigarettes in the house too, not that they necessarily would when the baby is there but gross. His mom had said she could watch our baby and take him with her to the home she works at. She is an in home health care provider and I've been inside the house of the child she cares for... it's a PIGSTY. Like literally you cannot freely walk through this house there's so much junk and filth everywhere. The couple has like 7-8 kids and the one his mom cares for is bedridden, has a breathing tube or something and needs constant care. His mom also takes care of the youngest child many times, who is around 2 years old, just because. I just can't see adding our baby to the mix as something she should undertake while working. I'd feel most at ease that if she were to babysit for us that she come to our house and do it, just as I would with my mom if she ever offered to babysit. My mom is 30 years older than his mom, however, so I would feel better if I had all the supplies she would need on the main level of the house so she wouldn't have to carry the baby upstairs... just to be safe. Her condo is one level, no pets are allowed and she definitely does not smoke anything so I wouldn't be opposed to taking the baby there if need be but my mom loves coming to our house anyways. Both sets of his grandparents live nearby and have a home environment I would feel comfortable with our son staying at so those are possible options as well. I just know his mom is going to want the watch her grandson as much as possible and I'm uneasy about it. I guess it kind of stems from how she (didn't) raise my OH when he was growing up, her lack of maturity at times (in my opinion), that she is an avid alcohol drinker, etc.

This is something I'll need to eventually talk to my OH about and I'm sure it won't be the smoothest of conversations. I'm just trying to figure out a halfway point where his mom can be involved but where I'm also not stressing out with worry :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->