Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

I'm gonna go check Facebook for a Cheryl update while we wait for her on here :coffee: :thumbup:

That's tough. I don't think it's a big deal at all to tell her you are not comfortable with the baby at her house with the cigarette and marijuana smoke being around the baby. That's legit and if she doesn't get it, too bad! It's your baby. Stay strong! I agree with you, that's gross

That's hard Jyllian... But definitely need a talk with DH about it then her mom you have the right to think of what's best for Cameron.... It'll all be fine eventually. :hugs:

I just went online and registered for a breastfeeding course held in July, as well as a program that allows expectant mothers at least 34 weeks into their pregnancy to come in and fill out all the hospital paperwork in advance, as to avoid having to do it after delivery :thumbup: Just trying to see if they offer the birthing classes during the month of July. August is cutting it too close but I'll register us for the June one if need be. Also contemplating registering my kiddos for the sibling class which prepares them for the birth of their new sibling and helps them feel more educated and comfortable with the hospital setting and visiting routine after birth. I know they'll do great, but thought it may help them feel more included and prepared. There's also a free breastfeeding clinic that's open to the public - no registering or appointment required - with certified lactation consultants to assist nursing mothers, answer questions, offer support and weigh infants. I'm glad I'm getting all this planned out so we'll be prepared! It's going to be a busy summer!

Cheryl?! :coffee:

Glad all is well Laura :dance:

Jyllian, if I was in your shoes I would not allow baby at 'MIL' house if you are not there! The circumstances is no place for an infant at all and if his mom does not realise that then in my opinion she needs to have her loose brain screws tightened up again. Yes it is going to be her grandchild but if his best interest is not taken to heart then she will have to deal with that consequences.

I smoked before I fell pregnant. I stopped before so no issues. Dh hates smoking inside the house so we ALWAYS smoked outside. I have already told DH that if he smoked he WILL wash his hands before he goes to Matthew. I also intend on enforcing these rules with my own parents when they come to visit. I will not have my son exposed to smoke hands and clothes etc and that is final. Not up for discussion and absolutely no negotiating. They all know this.

I prob sound like a bitch taking into consideration that I use to be a smoker but I'm the one who has the responsibility towards my baby. So you do what is right for Cameron and if oh's mom has a problem then it is exactly that, HER problem.

Pamela you don't sound bitchy to me whatsoever! I feel like I may be coming across as a picky, overprotective expectant mother but so be it. My little infant son is helpless and has no way of defending himself, nor telling me anything. I feel a bit more lax with my older kids because of their age and they know what's right and wrong and can express concerns to me. I still would not want even them around any kind of smoke or possible danger. I smoked a cigarette in the garage with my OH right before going inside and getting my :bfp: on my lunch break and that was my very last. I can't stand being around cigarette smoke now and do not want anyone smoking around any of my kids and definitely not touching or holding Cameron with stinky smoke hands or clothing.

I texted my OH about all the courses I was registering for and he just referred to the free breastfeeding clinic as the "free milking class" :rofl:

Men...

I totally forgot about scanning that breastfeeding stuff and sending it to you guys! My bad!

Milking class :rofl:

Dh is the same and also has funny ways of referring to stuff. Breast feeding to him is "giving baby some boob" the worst was after my 2 internal exams on Friday when I complained about how sore they were. He replied "I would have been sore to if someone fist f*cked me" Sorry if that sounds crude but it was meant in the funniest way and I literally cried laughing at him :rofl:

SO I'm sitting here writing the written aspect of the birth plan.....the more detailed one and I am literally in tears thinking about the day Luke will be here. I can't believe how emotional I am right now over something that is still at least 9 weeks away. I was thinking though that since Ronny has no desire to cut the cord I am going to ask if I can do it. There is something very (I don't know the right word to put here) about carrying the little guy inside of me and being the one to physically cut the cord that has tied us together for 9 months.

Finished up the vaginal delivery portion of my birth plan. I just need the c-section plan and I am good to go for turning it in on Thursday at my next prenatal appointment. What do you think? Am I missing anything?

Attachments

• Birth preferences vaginal birth.pdf
    250.1 KB · Views: 5
Jess, I was knocked out during section recovery the first time, and asked to be kept awake the second time. I will most definitely ask to be knocked out should I have a third section. The recovery is sheer torture, you can't feel anything or move, you feel like you're choking on cotton and they barely even give you any ice chips (at least that's how it is here) to wet your mouth. Plus there is nothing to do, so you're paralyzed and bored and uncomfortable and can't even see your baby or spouse for an hour or so while being monitored by a nurse who will probably be rather unsympathetic.. I recommend not being awake during the recovery, waking in your room in your bed with the baby's bassinet next to you is much nicer.

I don't remember who asked what but I'll give a quick rundown on my situation. According to my lmp and my symptom progression, My edd would be 11-30. My cycles have been irregular since coming off b/c so it's a very tentative date for me. I have my very first prenatal on the 26th. I stopped testing after 5-1, partly due to lack of spare money for unnecessary tests, partly due to the symptom progression seeming to confirm pregnancy. I look about 3-4 months in and I swear I've had butterflies and popping popcorn sensations recently, crazy as that may sound.

MB - I just read your other thread about the dog and I feel horrible. Somewhere on one of these threads, I asked you if you were anti-bully breed and promoted pitbulls as wonderful dogs (which they really are). Now I see your situation and completely understand your aversion to this particular dog. Forgive me if that comment (wherever I left it) seemed insensitive or rude.

https://i61.tinypic.com/14nju3s.gif

I love <3 your vaginal delivery plan.... Read them all and you seemed really organized...

Great stuff Jess! I think you wanting to cut the cord is a great idea and I would think it would make me pretty emotional having to cut him from myself :)

I would love for DH to do it in my case, at the moment he says no. He has however done many things I never thought he would so hopefully once baby has been born and they ask him if he wants to he changes his mind.

Wow Jess! 29 weeks!!!!!! Your plans look amazing!

Hope you get some answers soon, Querida!

I have never smoked and DH quit years ago. The only smokers in the family are my dad and stepmom. I think my biggest pet peeve is people smoking a foot away from me right now! Like, hello! I have a huge belly full of baby and you think it is safe to blow smoke in my face?! Argh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->