Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Pamela the nursery is really coming together! I'm still itchin' to start ours :coffee: I stress over finances as well. Like, things are OK right now but could be better... and then omigosh WHAT is going to happen when the baby comes?! We are SO screwed! But... I try to reassure myself that things will work out...

Jamie OH has been helping ALOT with yard work and remodeling inside the house, plus grilling dinner here and there :thumbup: Love your bump, so cute! You are def brave for wearing heels. I've sworn off them for awhile, even before I got my :bfp: I do good enough to walk in flat shoes :dohh: Don’t let ignorant comments bother you. A male coworker in the plant asked me when I’m due and when I told him I mentioned that I think I’ll deliver earlier because the baby is a bit bigger and he replied with “Yeah I was gonna say HE’S BIIIG” :saywhat: Excuse me? Men… I just had to laugh. Hooray for Thursday! More scan excitement!

Jess YES there's ALWAYS something to do! If it's not laundry or dishes or cleaning the house... it's yard work and continuing work in the inside of the house :wacko: My OH has been helping quite a bit... I'm just impatient and know we have a serious deadline. He was telling me last night how he doesn't like that I'm doing so much and it makes him feel like he isn't capable. I told him I like being able to do what I can and help out while he does the more strenuous stuff I can't handle. We are a team, working together to get everything done :thumbup: He made me sit down and take a break over the weekend and was making sure I drank plenty of water. I sure hope Luke moves himself into a better position, there's still time! I’m not quite ready to take a dip in our pool yet :nope: The water seems too chilly! I don’t get AF-like cramping but I’m afraid if I get in cold water it may make my muscles tighten and cause some discomfort rather than be relaxing.

Cheryl FINALLY!!! I kept checking Facebook more so than BnB and saw the bumpdate :happydance: I must have skipped over or forgotten the part about not having internet on the ship :shrug: Now waiting on the gender reveal :coffee: I’m super emoji coffee-d up from all this waiting! Glad you had a wonderful time on your trip! You bare bump is adorbs! I’m going along with the majority and my guess is boy :winkwink: I bought a tankini top from Target and had it on over the weekend while outside working. I am like in-between sizes because the bigger size hangs off my back and sliiightly in the boobs… but the smaller size fits well all around, just my boobs seem like they want to spill out :laugh2: I defo can’t wear my pre-preggy bikinis as they don’t allow for much coverage up top.

Daphne everything is so cute! That really is so sweet of people to buy you things for Adam. Glad BP is good but BOO on blurry vision! I’ve had a few instances of that with some slight dizziness but it’s very seldom. The tearing sensation sounds awful!

Dani, isn’t it nice to be recognized as pregnant? I love when someone asks how far along I am or when baby is due. I got a nice comment from a lady at the market the other week asking me how far along I was and going on about how great I looked :blush:

Hope you have a wonderful birthday Kirsty! That was really sweet of your DH!

Hope you feel better Laura! I agree, try some small snacks throughout the day, plenty of water and take it easy :thumbup:

AFM I started cutting the casing and baseboard for the new bedroom over the weekend and OH stepped in to help. I got our bifold closet doors painted as well, they just need to be trimmed a bit on the bottom and hung :thumbup:
K-V3SK2fhqGQk1tCO24tWWUc4pSsbkdN59rAYQq8XTc=w288-h162-p-no
v_zkKwyiRQ-W6hmGlHbmDIkszniyhDnOg0MCkz-HNy4=w91-h162-p-no

My son and I did the yardwork in the front on Saturday and back on Sunday. He cut and I edged, trimmed. My OH stepped in and finished up the cutting both times, as the grass was wet with the rain and humidity and it was just clumping everywhere. Even though he has been helping with everything for the most part, I often feel that I have to start something in order to get him to do it… if that makes sense? I don’t mind doing things but sometimes it would be nice if he took the initiative more often. I did get to sit out in the sun for a bit in my new tankini when I wasn't busy.
_vUEn9E1Igy2lhNuTuQSBrjeHaDCAN3Fe5RzQ5-pxSA=w385-h216-p-no
ONrGz7O0qEhfHCtGNWPXqgGf7luJzN38TV-hYYK7E2c=w368-h207-p-no

My OH and I got into a bit of an argument yesterday. He was building a speaker box with my son Saturday evening and the drill fell over onto his phone, chipping the screen, which turned into major damage by Sunday morning. It looked like big ink blots all over his phone screen and although his phone still worked fine, he couldn’t see anything to use it. He said ‘Karma is a b*tch’, referring to the time he grabbed my phone and shattered it onto the floor. This happened last year, maybe in October-ish? I had to pay full price for a new phone, as I have no insurance and he couldn’t replace it. To say I was upset is an understatement and still not happy about it :growlmad: I wasn’t happy his phone was damaged, it’s not like I wanted revenge for what he did or anything but kinda serves him right, ya know? Anyways, went to Verizon Sunday morning and he ended up having to file a claim on his insurance (unlike me, he has it) and would be without a phone (well a phone with a fully visible screen) for a couple of days. He asked if he could use my spare backup phone and I instantly said yes… but after thinking about everything I told him that I’d rather him not. What if something happened to my spare phone? He can’t replace it. My son’s phone has been acting finicky and he may need it. What if I were to need it? Plus, my OH has a spare phone of his own but has let his mom’s fiance’ borrow it – because the guy can’t afford to purchase his own phone. Uh, NOT my problem. It’s not like I broke the phone nor is it my fault his mom’s fiance’ can’t get his own. I may seem like a b*tch, but I don’t feel I needed to help my OH out in this situation, especially with the irony of it all. I told him that he can get HIS spare phone back to use in the meantime… pretty much deal with it himself as I had to when he deliberately destroyed my phone. He accused me of being spiteful… well whatevs dude, call it what you want I don’t care. Karma IS a b*tch :finger: Anyways... he was telling me today about his boss calling everyone off work last Friday due to the rainy weather, or so he thought... but apparently it was only him and another coworker that were told not to come in and everyone else worked :shrug: He really isn't progressing with this job, doesn't get overtime pay as it is banked towards paid time off and isn't getting full 40 hour work weeks in :nope: He's going to look into picking up a part-time job or finding, yet again, something else altogether. I totally understand his reasons, just hoping he doesn't just not show up to work like before and go without for a month, but I'm pretty sure he learned his lesson there... I wish he would find a job/career he can settle into. The instability worries me. In baby news, his mom brought over a bag full of clothing she got for a great deal off of Facebook garage sale pages and a baby sale that was happening over the weekend at the local fairgrounds. She also brought over a few packs of Huggies brand newborn diapers she got for free! All of the clothing was super cute and clean! She even found a Steelers onsie (my OH’s fave). There were some little crib shoes and Reebok tennis shoes that looked brand new, a changing pad cover, tons of onsies, pants, jean, shirts, hats… My OH was thrilled and I said that should appease his clothing addiction for a while :laugh2: We tried getting Cameron to kick but he was sleeping before she left then began moving around and luckily him and his mom were in the driveway talking still so I was able to get her to feel a few kicks which she was ecstatic about. I thanked her again this morning, via text, for bringing over the clothing and diapers and she said she wants to help out with the shower, pay for the cake and help with any games/prizes or whatever. We weren’t going to do games since having to get prizes for winners would rack up our costs but she said she would handle it :thumbup: She suggested a diaper raffle so whomever brings in a pack of diapers can have their name drawn for a chance to win a gift card for dinner or something. Oh and my next volunteer scan is tomorrow! :happydance: It’s at 8:30am so won’t be online until a couple hours after that.

Sorry for super LOOOONG post!

Cute bathing suit! I have a similar one ! I hope OH learned his lesson and doesn't stop working without finding a new job first!! Glad he's helping and making you rest! And I agree you need to make sure there's a back up phone.

Have you all done the glucose test yet ? When in the pregnancy is that? I am dreading it! Also, how much water do you all drink daily? I'm tracking this week since I have my 3D scan Thursday and it's recommended to drink at least 64 ounces a day for 4 days prior. I'm at 36 ounces right now and it's 3pm here. I feel so full of water!! I guess i don't normally drink this much !! I do eat lots of fruit and veggies though so that counts somewhat!

My test isn't scheduled yet but I think it's 24-28 weeks when they do it. I drink 70 oz a day. Have to start early!

Yeah I keep my old smartphone juuust in case I may need it, heaven forbid, or if my son were to need it. My backup phone is paid for and in perfect condition, as I try to take good care of my belongings. If I were to let my OH use my backup for a few days and something happened to it - it's cracked, broken, lost, etc. - I know, based on prior experience, that he isn't capable of replacing it.

Update on that... he texted me and said his backup phone screen shattered while in his pocket. So there ya go :smug: Glad it's not MY phone again. Karma is working overtime lately :winkwink: Kind of one of those 'See what I mean' moments...

I try to drink three of my 22oz bottles of water a day but that usually doesn't happen. As of late, with the humidity however I've been doing good with it. In fact, now that I'm talking about it I just filled up my bottle :thumbup: I hate water so usually add a little bit of a sugarless flavor packet.

I had my glucose at 28 weeks, found out at today's appt that i passed! :)

My fundal height is measuring a week ahead, maybe Shelby will come earlier :)

Yay for passing! A lot of the girls on the August Facebook group are failing. I blame it on my frequent junk food posts :laugh2:

I'm here ladies!!! Its been a long time coming! For those of you who dont know me yet from the other thread, my names Mary and we just had our first beta today after our first round of IVF annndd we're pregnant!!!! Beta was 80 today, 9dp3dt (12dpo) so thats a great starting number! FX it doubles as it should! I'm very happy to be here with you all! yay! :)

Kenna, I'm very happy to see u passed your glucose test! Great news!! :)

:haha: Thought he won't move at all during the entire vlog... Don't you worry hun i covered my eyes with my hands but the fingers were apart. :rofl:

Omg Daphne! You seriously crack me up! This made me laugh out loud while reading :rofl:

Hey Mary! Welcome!! Congrats!!! I do remember you and was wondering how things were going with your ivf!! First time success!! Amazing!!

32 weeks https://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a556/barnkn312/Mobile%20Uploads/20150518_194511_zps86vjevtz.jpg

Yay Mary!!!! I'm so excited to see you over here FINALLY!!!

Kenna your bump is so cute! It's so like compact and somehow seems even little to me?! I just feel like a whale soooooo

Jyllian good call not letting OH borrow your phone!! :rofl: at karma working overtime!

So I know I just updated my bump pics yesterday but here's this week's! 22 weeks.. baby is a freaking whopper, at around 11 inches, the length of a papaya! The length doesn't really change for a few weeks so I'm going to rock the papaya until like week 25. I just can't get over how massive that is!

https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/22-weeks-bump.jpg

https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/22weeks-papaya-400px.jpg

https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/22weeks-gif.gif

https://glittertextmaker.info/glittertext/holdz/z555add271cfb1.gif

Jyllian - nice decision on not letting him borrow your back up phone. Hopefully he'll learn his lesson to be more careful. Sad about his job though, i hope he can keep it and do good in future :thumbup: with his plan on taking a part time job. Oh and you look cute in that swimsuit. :dance: Goodluck with your scan today. Can't wait to see Cameron again.

Kenna/Cheryl - really great seeing your bump updates. You both look beautiful.

Mary - Welcome... After a long wait you're FINALLY here... :wohoo:

Lol, it seems huge to me Cheryl!! I gained nine pounds in the past month but doc said that was good bc i hadn't gained much at all. Trying to keep my diet in check though, just in case :). Your bump is adorable, you look amazing!!!!

Kenna and Cheryl, your bumps are both so incredibly cute!!! You both make me think of me while pregnant with aiden! I hope & pray I'm all belly again! LOL! My bump pics will start coming in AS SOON as I get even the littlest bump! :haha: I have a belly shot of me from Saturday, when I got my dark BFP on the frers, that way I can compare it when a little bump does pop out :). I'm going to do a little pregnancy scrap booking project, once I have some pics, that is! ;).

Thank you all so much for the warm welcomes! I have been dyinggg to get my butt over here!!! Finally did it!!! :dance:

Welcome Mary! Love the ticker!

Thank you, Laura!! :) Soo happy!!

For some reason my ticker hasn't changed from yest. I wonder if it froze at 3wks 6days. Or does it change at a particular time of day? Lol. I'm so new to these tickers!

This a.m feels so strange, lol. Of course I LOVE LOVEE that I'm pregnant!! But after 2yrs of obsessively googling, idk what to do with myself this a.m! :rofl: Usually I sit here on google for hrs when I wake super early. This is the exact reason why I need to start a pregnancy project! lol :).

Welcome Mary! Love the ticker!

Thank you, Laura!! :) Soo happy!!

For some reason my ticker hasn't changed from yest. I wonder if it froze at 3wks 6days. Or does it change at a particular time of day? Lol. I'm so new to these tickers!

It's correct Mary, it's because when i made it it's already past midnight here. You are at 13 dpo today right? My tickers change at 9 am so maybe the same for you. Oh, and based on your time, yesterday you are only 3w5d.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->