Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Jyllian, we're in the same boat right now with our OH's, job wise. I mean DH has a job and all, its just not a stable year round job. We lose alot of money in the winter time. We're looking for a more stable year round job for him as we speak. We planned to months ago but with IVF, the job he had just worked out perfectly for spots and everything. I definitely want the security of him having a full time job in the winter before the baby is born, though, which I know will happen. It'd just be nice for it to happen right this second so we can start saving up more right now, u know? I'm a SAHM and have my own little eBay business so I'll be working from home all the way through of course, but if I worked away from home, id probably work until my water broke too. The more money saved, the better! And saving vaca time would always be nice for if the babys sick or what not. But at the same time, if you really feel like you need to relax or take a break, dont force yourself! You def want all the rest you can get after birth. Only 14 weeks left!! :dance:

I'm getting excited and am going to look at some baby stuff this weekend. I may not buy anything except 1 outfit but I just want to browse around and see what I'd like for our baby shower. I cannot wait for that to come so we can figure out how we want to arrange everything and set up a little nursery area.

Anyway, I'm excited for Aiden to get out of school so we can show him the pic! I wrote "To my Big Brother" on the back of one of the copies for him :) I can't wait to hear what he thinks it looks like at this point, lol.

Me too! I'm in CT!

J- wow you're a trooper planning to finish your work day with contractions lol. You go girl!

Mary- that's funny you quickly confirmed what the tech was measuring to rule out a second sac. One baby at a time is def less worrisome!!

lol, yes, 1 at a time is definitely best. I'd certainly be happy with two but I feel very blessed to have one healthy, strong LO in there!

Mary- I've always been interested in starting my own eBay business or something similar. How long have you been doing it? Do you sell a select few items or a lot? I'll be a SAHM too and am really looking for some kind of part time income from home. Do you find that you make decent money now? Did it take time to get it going?? You can message me privately if you want so we don't flood the thread with all my questions lol ... I'm curious!

Yeah, Daphne and Pam are very far from us! And Laura's just across the pond :haha:

urghhhhhh y'all being excited for maternity leave is making me a little stressed out because of my own situation! I don't want to just flat out talk to my client and be like "yo, so, maternity leave, like.. can you get me that stuff early or no?" because I really don't want them to be like "oh don't worry about it, we'll use something else we have for that 6 weeks" because uh, I want that money! It will be so freaking helpful. I figure when I send in this next batch of photos next week I'll start to ask. They're trying to hire someone to take the place of the guy who used to write the copy that I would base the photos on so there's not really any point in asking now.. bleh. It just seems like a delicate relationship to me, I guess, because they're so big and I'm sure could find someone else! But I love working for them and I think they like me too.. I just wanna keep it up. But once all the work is done mid-July then I can really relax!! I try to look at it that way..

Mary I'm so happy for you!! :happydance: Definitely ask which side bubble is implanted on :haha: Ramzi was right for me!

Who else was Ramzi correct/incorrect for?

Mary- I've always been interested in starting my own eBay business or something similar. How long have you been doing it? Do you sell a select few items or a lot? I'll be a SAHM too and am really looking for some kind of part time income from home. Do you find that you make decent money now? Did it take time to get it going?? You can message me privately if you want so we don't flood the thread with all my questions lol ... I'm curious!

I started by selling a few things and after more and more good ratings came my way, I started selling more, quicker. At this moment, I don't have much listed on eBay because I didn't want to over do it during our IVF cycle. Its really up to you personally. That's what I like about doing eBay, you can just post a few items here and there when life is hectic, u know? But when I'm posting 20+ items/wk, as I usually do, I do make a decent amount of money. I always look for amazing deals at Sam's Club or wherever there's sales going on and you can usually make about double what you originally paid for the item. If your looking for a good job for a SAHM, id def recommend eBay :). I set a goal of how much I want to make from just eBay before our little Bubble is born. Also, buying a "Lot" of pregnancy tests and such off of eBay or amazon and then reselling them in smaller quantities is a good eBay gig. Ive made quite a bit buying and reselling HPTs and opks. If I haven't answered anything, feel free to ask me more ;)

It would be interesting to plot us all on the map and see how far we spread out

NC for me!

Cheryl, I think you're being responsible by discussing maternity leave and asking them to prepare ahead of time.

Ugh... OH is having a rough day. After finding out his boss called only him off yesterday for no apparent reason he then overheard the shmuck and another coworker making fun of/mocking him and talking crap about how OH is leery about climbing onto scaffolding high in the air. He has a fear of heights regarding that and has been stressing out about an upcoming job that requires him to do it. I can totally relate to the heights things, I can't even climb a ladder and hate roller coasters! I took some time at work today to search for decent sounding jobs nearby and emailed the links to him so he's going to tackle that this evening I think. It really gets under my skin that this is happening. I don't always agree with or get along with OH... but I do love him and try to be supportive.

But with that said... I was just scheduling some bills to be paid and notice that his account has only like $10 in it. I just paid the mortgage and gas bill so I'm broke for a few days. Not sure how he is planning on funding the drive to this car/truck show tomorrow that's 45 minutes or so away, and the possible entry fee(s) and food, etc. :shrug: I'm sure not paying for any of it. I don't mind going to the show but it doesn't make much sense to do when funds are super tight.

Jyllian that reminds me being like fresh out of college with $10 in my bank account! Bleh. I hope he gets a really full time gig soon and doesn't expect you to pay for the truck show stuff!

Jamie I used to sell on eBay/etsy too! I just got rid of a TON of awesome vintage, easily would've brought in $1500 or so, I wish I had known! I'd have sent it to you. I did well going thrift shopping and finding trendy stuff within the older unique vintage stuff. Especially now with high waisted mom jeans being in :rofl: are you crafty at all?

That was helpful, thank you so much Mary!! I need to start doing some good sales research!!! Lol I love to research so that's fun for me... :) yippee

Cheryl I agree with Dani, mentioning ml to your client isn't a bad thing. It shows you are organized and planning ahead! I would preface it like that to your client, just letting them know you really love the job and want to make sure your available to get the work done for them. Make it more about them then you ;)

That's a good way to frame it Jamie! I'll mention it when I send in my next batch!

Oh that's too bad but thanks for wanting to help :). I am somewhat crafty! I do make candles and have listed some on esty but it's slow going!

Jyllian- aww that is horrible that they are talking about OH! That's not cool. Maybe it'll be the motivation he needs to find a steady job.

If he can't afford to go to the bike thing, he can stay home and work with you around the house! ;) Do you own the house under your name or both? Does he see it as both of your home? Just curious bcuz if you guys found the house and live there together he should care as much as you to fix everything up and help pay the bills. I know his income isn't steady right now but when it is...

Ps. Cheryl the styles that are coming back make my eyes hurt!!! Younger guys are now wearing super skinny straight leg pants so they can show off their sneaker collection...:dohh:

Jyllian, sorry things are a little tight with finances, hopefully your OH can find a better job soon that he's respected at.

Mary, SO excited that your scan went great today and that you were able to see the heartbeat!

Cheryl, I hope your client starts the project soon! I loved Jamie's suggestion as well.

Also.. If we're making a map of where we're located, I'm in Austin!

I do Chelsea! I have family from close to that area, and I've driven through the town many times! Do you know someone from there?

Pam- you must feel so relieved that you are done with work!!! Until nov?? I will be done in august some time! Two more months.. Come on June and July!

That's so exciting. I can't believe you only have 2 months of work left! Pam, awesome that you've finished work.

Ok so I was curious as to exactly where Pam and Daphne are in reference to my location in northern Ohio because I am a nerd and wow!

Pamela
5nz8Ibh4ZNXfwdzV0FqVaceTan0Q79jQVzGy9ixT5Io=w622-h389-no

Daphne
Hzk_eSy4Nn_G-2LwAsMGTpSxP_dWvkB1fTKs9h-fWzE=w585-h343-no

Add me in! I'm in Australia.

Me too! I'm in CT!

J- wow you're a trooper planning to finish your work day with contractions lol. You go girl!

Mary- that's funny you quickly confirmed what the tech was measuring to rule out a second sac. One baby at a time is def less worrisome!!

lol, yes, 1 at a time is definitely best. I'd certainly be happy with two but I feel very blessed to have one healthy, strong LO in there!

So excited for you Mary! It must have been fantastic seeing the heartbeat

Yeah, Daphne and Pam are very far from us! And Laura's just across the pond :haha:

urghhhhhh y'all being excited for maternity leave is making me a little stressed out because of my own situation! I don't want to just flat out talk to my client and be like "yo, so, maternity leave, like.. can you get me that stuff early or no?" because I really don't want them to be like "oh don't worry about it, we'll use something else we have for that 6 weeks" because uh, I want that money! It will be so freaking helpful. I figure when I send in this next batch of photos next week I'll start to ask. They're trying to hire someone to take the place of the guy who used to write the copy that I would base the photos on so there's not really any point in asking now.. bleh. It just seems like a delicate relationship to me, I guess, because they're so big and I'm sure could find someone else! But I love working for them and I think they like me too.. I just wanna keep it up. But once all the work is done mid-July then I can really relax!! I try to look at it that way..

Mary I'm so happy for you!! :happydance: Definitely ask which side bubble is implanted on :haha: Ramzi was right for me!

Who else was Ramzi correct/incorrect for?

It is hard to keep the relationships working. I had a client inform me that my maternity leave was inconvenient for them - I must confess I laughed and said "well I can't send the baby back!".

Ugh... OH is having a rough day. After finding out his boss called only him off yesterday for no apparent reason he then overheard the shmuck and another coworker making fun of/mocking him and talking crap about how OH is leery about climbing onto scaffolding high in the air. He has a fear of heights regarding that and has been stressing out about an upcoming job that requires him to do it. I can totally relate to the heights things, I can't even climb a ladder and hate roller coasters! I took some time at work today to search for decent sounding jobs nearby and emailed the links to him so he's going to tackle that this evening I think. It really gets under my skin that this is happening. I don't always agree with or get along with OH... but I do love him and try to be supportive.

But with that said... I was just scheduling some bills to be paid and notice that his account has only like $10 in it. I just paid the mortgage and gas bill so I'm broke for a few days. Not sure how he is planning on funding the drive to this car/truck show tomorrow that's 45 minutes or so away, and the possible entry fee(s) and food, etc. :shrug: I'm sure not paying for any of it. I don't mind going to the show but it doesn't make much sense to do when funds are super tight.

It sounds like you're being very sensible about it. I really hope he finds some more stable work asap, as that doesn't sound like the right fit for him

Jyllian, sorry things are a little tight with finances, hopefully your OH can find a better job soon that he's respected at.

Mary, SO excited that your scan went great today and that you were able to see the heartbeat!

Cheryl, I hope your client starts the project soon! I loved Jamie's suggestion as well.

Also.. If we're making a map of where we're located, I'm in Austin!

Thanks, Michelle! Do you have any idea when your first scan is?! I'm so excited for that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->