Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Thanks Kirsty and Cheryl.... I've been on waiting patiently :)dohh: :saywhat:) for Pam's progress.... :D

Pam - let the dog walk you again.... :haha: and bounce on that ball while sitting or walking :rofl:

AFM, getting better everyday.... and yesterday Adam's cord stump fell off....

Hi ladies :hi:

I'm still here... I'm still getting plug with loo trips but no contractions. Sometimes I get a dull af type ache but my bump isn't tightening. Lots of sharp stabs in my cervix last night as well so hoping that things are still on track and getting ready.

I've managed 2 nights in a row of sleeping propped up on the couch so at least I'm not exhausted. Weather was great yesterday and now it's cold today. Will see if I can manage a walk or I'll just bounce on the ball infront of my laptop.

Sorry for posting a bit late but here is my 39 week bump. I haven't any make-up on so please excuse my face :haha:

https://i.imgur.com/X4TCF70l.jpg

Woohoo Pam! My guess was tomorrow for Matthew's arrival :coffee: Do you have another appointment coming up soon?

Daphne that's great to hear you are feeling better as time goes on and yay for Adam's stump falling off! Have you and DH given him his first little tub bath yet? How are things going overall caring for him daily?

Had an emotional weekend, just frustrated with OH as usual and missing my dad a lot :cry: Did manage to get to the hardware store and buy the rest of the closet doors needed, as well as a paint sprayer to speed up the painting process with them all :thumbup: Hopefully this will be OH's last week off of work and he can start his new job next week. In the meantime, I hope he busts butt at home. He got our closet doors finally installed Saturday while I was at work and I love them!

r1KcFP98jJhvPshimguaFVvOWT0Ta0LtlXpN2jQ7MKQ=w360-h203-no
7kl8Kg_1pJxyIj1LMLV3xO_0ZQd8YV-PC_7l3M_AguM=w1186-h667-no

We made kabobs on the grill for dinner then went over to his grandparents' house for a cookout on Father's Day with his dad. I took my dad's dog, Cisco, with us and he was super excited to be with me and so well behaved... even with their shih tzu around. Papa was giving him little dog food treats and teaching him how to take it nicely instead of jumping and snatching it quickly.

4M0ugD9uff4iGUuDLXSwP0QEz7f4Tf1ZaPt3ya45e4E=w1186-h667-no
-kP5V4yd9dLPjZXfunL6YQaPKzx0qExy7hDd4dL1zY0=w376-h667-no
56zOujF0c4-kG_DnnUlZzIjSjmYN8RlP-y86ZtKOsA8=w376-h667-no

Our shower is this weekend and I'm excited! Kind of annoyed that we've been told of people who are coming but never RSVP'ed to notify us or anything :shrug: but... will be happy to have many people there to share the special day with us regardless. Grandma said she is going to check on purchasing the crib for us today :happydance: I cannot wait to start filling the nursery with furniture and supplies, wash everything and just be more prepared for Cameron's arrival.

Lets see if you were right Jyllian :D My next appointment will be Thursday if I have not gone into labour yet.

Bouncing on my ball at the moment but all I'm getting started is my tummy and not labour :rofl:

I love the closet! It looks great. FX OH pulls his weight at home this week so that you can relax by the time he starts working.

Sorry about your father hun :hugs: I was missing my FIL as well who passed and then my own dad who lives so far. Regardless of where they are physically we need to just remember all the memories with them and know that they are in our hearts!!

Closet looks great Jyllian! I'm sorry this weekend was hard :( i can't imagine going through Father's Day without my dad, so I feel for you :hugs:

Question about how you all have washed everything actually.. Lots of people have told me that he won't wear everything, especially if it's really small, so keep tags on etc, but I'd like to wash it all and put it away too.. What did yall do?

I have nooooo idea how to organize our dresser. Since we're cloth diapering we need to have lots of those on hand but want some clothes easy to reach too. We have two top drawers in the dresser so maybe some diapers in one and some everyday clothes in the other? I'm planning on getting a cart from ikea too for the diapers but we already have a TON and are only getting more and more!

Pam, from the sounds of it, I'm guessing you'll go into labor on Wednesday. :) FX! I can't remember what my original guess was but Wed sounds like a good one! :thumbup: Also, I'm loving the bump!

Jyllian, your dads dog looks so much like mine, except mines black. They could be best friends! :haha:. Mines name is Chico. It sounds like you all had a good weekend...well for the most part. I'm sorry it was a rough day at the same time though :-\.

I felt bad for dh yesterday because I was planning to do something with him but I couldn't stop throwing up :(. Dh didn't mind though. He and Aiden just hung out for the day & had their own fun. He did wake up to a card a his favorite chocolates though so at least he had something fathers day related from me...lol ;).
Today is our first appt with our OB. I think we'll just be talking and catching them up on everything with the pregnancy so far. I can't wait for my appt on the 13th so we can see our LO again!

Cheryl, with aiden, I pretty much washed half of everything and kept half aside. I was really happy I did, as he only fit into the newborn clothes for a couple weeks. I picked out my favorite outfits and after he was born, if I wanted to put one of the others on him, I just threw it in with the next load of laundry. Maybe these ladies have some new, fresh ideas for you ;). People are def right about not needing all of the outfits though. Babies grow TOO quick! I wish they'd stay tiny for the first year and THEN start growing! :haha:

Cheryl thanks for even mentioning the clothes washing thing... I would have went crazy and washed EVERYTHING then possibly ended up with unused clothing items :dohh: I'm just gonna wash the used items OH's mom got as well as bedding and such, but leave tags on the new stuff and wait til Cameron is here before I dive into tha. If we are able to return anything we can put that money towards essential stuff :thumbup:

Mary omigosh my first white chihuahua was named Chico! He was hit by a car on his 6th birthday in 2006 :cry: I have two others and Cisco is my dad's, I have him now since my dad passed. I call my little trip "The Ankle Posse" :laugh2:

I have very little newborn clothing. Even if he is a bit too small for the 0-3 months you can still fold the sleeves back etc. So I washed everything that I got.
If there are unused clothes then it's okay as I got most of it 2nd from a friend and then I'll just donate them to the church.
At least everything is washed now as I'm having a winter baby and I don't want to get stuck with dirty clothes and a struggle to get more washed to be dry. I'd rather have a bit more ready than a bit too little.

Good luck at the appointment today Mary. Your nausea won't be much longer now as you've pretty much kicked the ass of 1st tri :dance: almost done

Michelle, I haven't forgotten about you hun! You are in my thoughts and prayers today. I really hope you are okay and again so sorry for your loss :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I washed everything. We knew we were going to have another baby and the chance of another boy was 50/50. Everything will be donated after this baby is done with it :)

Baaaaddddd sickness day today. No vomiting, but just CONSTANT nausea. Bad times. Come on Chip, we're in second tri now!

I so hear you, Laura! Although in not in second tri yet...With how bad my MS has been, I highly doubt I will shake it at the beginning of second tri, like Id hope to. I hope at least half of this pregnancy is as enjoyable as my pregnancy with Aiden. If not, I hope the 40 weeks fly by! lol. Feel better hun! :hugs: Ive only actually thrown up maybe 4 times but I have the same ALL day nausea and its literally every day. I honestly feel like I'd feel alot better if I could just throw up whatever is upsetting my belly! U know?

J- I'm so sorry Father's Day is hard for you. I def can't/don't want to imagine not having my dad around and I'm sad for you. I hope OH gets a lot done this week!

Pam- hooray for more plug! My new guess is Thursday!

Daphne- glad to hear you are feeling better everyday! That's great Adams stump fell off. Did you take any nice newborn photos recently?

Cheryl- I plan to only wash half too. I'm gonna be getting a lot from my sister too.

Mary- I'm sorry you're still so sick! Boo!

Laura- I hope the nausea goes away soon!

that's exactly what I feel like and have felt like. I've thrown up 5 times since finding out about baby, but mostly just nausea. ALL OF THE NAUSEA!

Mary and Laura, hope you're feeling better soon. I can't even imagine as I lucked out with no MS.

But.. guess I'm not so lucky after all with other things as I spoke with the nurse at my doc's office and turns out I did indeed FAIL my glucose test. Was convinced I passed as I hadn't heard a thing from them in a week :dohh: Now I get to go to the hospital again this Saturday at 7:30am after fasting and have blood drawn again then drink the sugar drink, wait an hour, more blood drawn... wait an hour... more blood drawn... wait one final hour and one final draw of blood... and without eating the entire time :growlmad:

I swear this pregnancy has brought me so many new side effects and now add failed GD test to the list!

Mary and Laura, I'm sorry you guys are still feeling the all day nausea. Mine didn't subside in the start of 2nd tri either... only started to get better 15-16 weeks. Hope you guys manage okay :hugs:

Jyllian, I'm sorry you failed the test. I'm sure you will pass the long one with flying colours. I think I read that lots of people fail the short test because of the level to pass being so low etc. FX for you

Sorry for posting a bit late but here is my 39 week bump. I haven't any make-up on so please excuse my face :haha:

https://i.imgur.com/X4TCF70l.jpg

You look great Pam, even without makeup on. Your bump definitely looks a whole lot lower as well. I hope Matthew comes this week!

Closet looks great Jyllian! I'm sorry this weekend was hard :( i can't imagine going through Father's Day without my dad, so I feel for you :hugs:

Question about how you all have washed everything actually.. Lots of people have told me that he won't wear everything, especially if it's really small, so keep tags on etc, but I'd like to wash it all and put it away too.. What did yall do?

I have nooooo idea how to organize our dresser. Since we're cloth diapering we need to have lots of those on hand but want some clothes easy to reach too. We have two top drawers in the dresser so maybe some diapers in one and some everyday clothes in the other? I'm planning on getting a cart from ikea too for the diapers but we already have a TON and are only getting more and more!

I washed everything I had weeks ago. I did take the tags off and everything but since we are planning on 2 more babies and most of the newborn stuff is gender neutral I figure it's ok. My suggestion is to put the baby in every outfit when they are small and take a picture, that way you have put them in each outfit once and have momentos of your favorite outfits.

In the dresser we have for Luke I put samples and crap in the top drawer (needs to be cleaned out), socks, bibs and hats in the second drawer, newborn clothes in the third drawer, 0-3 month in the fourth drawer, and wipes on the bottom. We have a diaper organizer from target for $20 next to the pack and play with diapers, breast feeding stuff, sheets and blankets. I'll send a pic of it to you because it works really well and is super cheap.

Baaaaddddd sickness day today. No vomiting, but just CONSTANT nausea. Bad times. Come on Chip, we're in second tri now!

Oh Laura, I'm sorry. Hopefully it will pass for you soon. I was so incredibly sick and still am so I know what it is like. Hopefully yours and Mary's will pass soon.

Mary and Laura, hope you're feeling better soon. I can't even imagine as I lucked out with no MS.

But.. guess I'm not so lucky after all with other things as I spoke with the nurse at my doc's office and turns out I did indeed FAIL my glucose test. Was convinced I passed as I hadn't heard a thing from them in a week :dohh: Now I get to go to the hospital again this Saturday at 7:30am after fasting and have blood drawn again then drink the sugar drink, wait an hour, more blood drawn... wait an hour... more blood drawn... wait one final hour and one final draw of blood... and without eating the entire time :growlmad:

I swear this pregnancy has brought me so many new side effects and now add failed GD test to the list!

That sucks!! You'd think they would have called sooner than a week later when they said Monday! Your little one is measuring right on schedule though right?

The nurse said the passing number was 130 and mine was 140 :wacko: Cameron has been measuring ahead by 1-2 weeks, even a little more at times, since my 12 week volunteer scan. That would be all I need... to have GD and a huge baby that results in me having a CS :cry: At this point I should just assume I'll have a CS because so much with this pregnancy is different - swollen ankles, food cravings/aversions, stretch marks (yes, I found some on my left side... not sure if they are previous ones that are just becoming more noticeable or what), measuring ahead (baby and now myself), failed GD test, massive weight gain, heartburn... oy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->