Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Anxious for my next appointment now, July 1st. Perhaps when the time comes near my doctor will suggest inducing me depending on Cameron's size (if he really does seem bigger) as to avoid a cesarean. That's be something new for me as well... never had an induction. I'll take that over CS!

Damn you, OH :rofl:

https://www.quickmeme.com/img/e5/e5d8bf73053d614de24f464003f88cc5c6508d7e9cb5e224ff394a8efe43a65a.jpg​

Jyllian :hugs:
Try not to get too worked up about everything now hun. Just drink lots of water, eat healthy anyway and I'm sure it will all be fine. At this very moment you cannot change anything about the tets so try not to stress too much about it for now.

I'm really sure you'll be okay come Saterday.

Cute quiz to find out what kind of dad OH/DH will be:

What Kind of Father Will He Be?

I got "the dad that goes with the flow" :thumbup:

I got through the whole quiz and then it froze and is still not giving me an answer :dohh:

Oh well I think he'll be the best though :D

Does anybody else's ticker keep messing up? Think I might have to make new ones! :/

Pam - Come on, little man! Let's get a wriggle on. Your mum is great, so I understand why you want to stay snuggled in, but cuddles on the outside are pretty amazing too.

Daphne - glad to hear things are going well, and Adam's cord fell off. Hope the breastfeeding is getting a little easier for him. He is gorgeous.

Jyllian - Sorry to hear about your emotional weekend. The house pictures look great. Good luck for your GD test. I have to do one in a fortnight and I'm not looking forward to it. Similar thing - fast overnight, then in the office for about 2.5 hours with no eating. I WILL BE STARVING. I still need to eat within 10 minutes of getting up or I dry retch. It also sounds like a particularly boring way to start the day.

Cheryl - I'm planning to wash in stages, with the items I know we'll definitely use first. In terms of room planning, I've tried to put items that I'll use frequently in the easiest to reach places - just in case it's hard to bend over etc in the first few weeks.

Kirsty - it's weird that your tickers have disappeared!

Mary - hope you're starting to feel better! Maybe try the medication - I took some toward the end of first trimester, and I only needed it for a few days to break the cycle of nausea. It helped a lot.

Laura - ALL OF THE NAUSEA. Haha, I was the same. Hope you're feeling better, and Chip is behaving.

Jess - hope you're feeling well - you're getting closer now!

Anyone else I've missed - I'm sorry. It's 6.30am here and I haven't woken up properly yet.

AFM - I had a very productive day of cleaning and cooking yesterday, so I'm feeling a little tired and sore, but a whole lot more organised! Hopefully I can get quite a bit of work done today

Got Mr. Fix-it and a Mr. Mom.... :haha:

"You’ve got yourself a winning combo: a Mr. Fix-it and a Mr. Mom. In fact, your man’s been working so hard, wanting to do everything right with the baby, that you might find him trying to tell you what to do. As helpful as he’ll be, however, you’ll both quickly find that most plans are going to fly out the window when Baby arrives. And even if ten experts say something is best done a certain way, your munchkin is going to let you know that he or she is making the final decision. Don’t worry, though. Your guy will definitely get into a great rhythm with your new addition. He’ll just have to let go of some control (and probably some nights out with the “boyz”)."

Jamie, no new photos yet DH planning on doing the shoot this Friday.

Laura/Mary - sorry for the sickness but glad you two are doing well.

Jyllian - im sure everything will be fine. I think Dani failed her test as well but passed her next test. Can't watch the video on the phone will try tomorrow in my laptop. The

Fi - thanks... :hugs:

I have very little newborn clothing. Even if he is a bit too small for the 0-3 months you can still fold the sleeves back etc. So I washed everything that I got.
If there are unused clothes then it's okay as I got most of it 2nd from a friend and then I'll just donate them to the church.
At least everything is washed now as I'm having a winter baby and I don't want to get stuck with dirty clothes and a struggle to get more washed to be dry. I'd rather have a bit more ready than a bit too little.

Good luck at the appointment today Mary. Your nausea won't be much longer now as you've pretty much kicked the ass of 1st tri :dance: almost done

Michelle, I haven't forgotten about you hun! You are in my thoughts and prayers today. I really hope you are okay and again so sorry for your loss :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Thanks! The D&C went well, now I'm just in bed at home relaxing. Not really in any pain, just nauseous and sleepy due to the pain meds they gave me. Nice to just take it easy today.

https://glittertextmaker.info/glittertext/holdz/z5589045bf2885.gif

:yipee: 2 more weeks and baby is now full-term. Luke is so close to meeting you now.... :yipee:

Does anybody else's ticker keep messing up? Think I might have to make new ones! :/

I think mine is stuck... keeps on telling me I'm 4 days away from my due date but I think I'm suppose to have had this baby already!! :rofl:

Pam - Come on, little man! Let's get a wriggle on. Your mum is great, so I understand why you want to stay snuggled in, but cuddles on the outside are pretty amazing too.

AFM - I had a very productive day of cleaning and cooking yesterday, so I'm feeling a little tired and sore, but a whole lot more organised! Hopefully I can get quite a bit of work done today

Thanks Fi! Hoping little man listens to you :D

Getting organised is great! Just remember not to overdo it. Good luck with work... if you are on a roll you'll be able to get lots done!

Thanks! The D&C went well, now I'm just in bed at home relaxing. Not really in any pain, just nauseous and sleepy due to the pain meds they gave me. Nice to just take it easy today.

I'm glad you don't have much pain. Again I'm so sorry and take good care of yourself :hugs:

Whoa Jess I can't believe you're 35 weeks!! Can't believe how close we're all getting

Wow Jess! Not much longer for you! :happydance:

Michelle I'm glad you are doing ok and again so very sorry you are going through this :hugs:

Any progress yet Pamela? :coffee:

We had a tornado warning in our area yesterday. There was rotating action/a funnel cloud making it's way down a main road and the projected path was right along our neighborhood. Fortunately it passed us by without any touchdowns but we hung out in our lower level bedroom for a bit. The dogs even listened when I told everyone to go downstairs and sat together all orderly :laugh2:

ji3kGvQwPf1jdMDSLI9v2-o4UQ8-XZeT_yByzPDyLxg=w376-h667-no

OH's grandma bought the crib we wanted yesterday and we were too excited to go pick it up and assemble it. OH got all the pieces out and the second piece into assembly noticed that the piece wasn't manufactured correctly and therefore he couldn't fit it into place :growlmad: He went and grabbed the Dremel tool and was going to router out the tiny bit needed for the pieces to fit together but I stopped him. I was so frustrated and annoyed (and tired) and said that it should be manufactured correctly and ready to assemble to begin with. I called the store and of course they won't exchange the one defective piece so I called the manufacturer today and they're sending a replacement piece at no cost. Hoping it comes SOON because we were so anxious and excited to have the crib together and this just pisses me off!

OH's mom said she is going to buy our stroller/travel set and I guess his brother and sister are getting the pack-n-play :thumbup: My mom is looking into getting the bedding and accessories and possibly the dresser and changer adapter for the top that holds the pad :happydance: OH's mom told us not to buy the glider/ottoman set we want and have on our registry because she insists on getting one from a garage sale... I hope she doesn't because OH picked out this particular glider and seems really set on it, as am I. Thinking about going for a mani/pedi this Saturday to pamper myself a bit before our shower. Cannot believe I'll hit the thirties tomorrow!

Jyllian: sounds like everything is slowly coming together :) looking forward to seeing the final result. We're dragging our heels with the new nursery.

Update: we had a scan this morning. Baby is back on track and is measuring 3 days ahead now rather than 5. DH took the day off so we managed to get a lot done. Here comes the highlight of my day - we went through the KFC drive thru on our way home to grab some drinks. They gave me a coffee frappe rather than a caramel by mistake :happydance: I had to drink it. It would be rude not to, right? :haha:

Sounds like baby is right on track Kirsty! And mmmm that coffee frappe would be amazing right now! Excuse me while I wipe drool off my mouth... It's so humid here today and I'm burning up!

Put these together quick for the shower to give guests a little something to do since we aren't having actual games. Having a diaper raffle though so OH's mom asked if I could make cards for the drawing which won't be difficult.

04mdN0giO_as8DAEVG3kDYfGr9XeX1EObyAg82EUNyc=w579-h385-no
gyJkcD737E_XxFsOlf76UGrGSvYoos1V9Hc32ZSQdtU=w343-h511-no

Jyllian
I'm glad you guys are okay after the tornado warning. I would be so scared if stuff like that happened here.

I get your frustration on the crib. When we got the family crib my BIL forgot to bring the screws with. I was about 20 weeks then so was happy to wait till they came around again to bring the screws but DH insisted on buying screws the same day to assemble the crib :D I hope the piece comes soon so that you can nest in the nursery.

Love those cards you made for the shower!

Kirsty
I'm so happy all went well at the scan :dance: No more baby scares please :hugs:

Okay I'm going to rant now! If I should end up killing dh, his friend and our neighbour tonight I plead of you ladies to have sympathy with me later when I'm on trial!!!!!

I am seriously sitting here trying to not go ape shit on their asses. I want to labour at home for a bit before having to leave for the hospital and I DO NOT want anyone but DH here when that happens. I mean I don't want to have his friends or old neighbourly men faffing over me while having contractions.

I'm not in labour yet but got plug again.

Anyway our neighbour went hunting and he brought back ribs for us to braai (BBQ) which I said to DH last night was okay after he asked. I asked him though if he would mind not drinking seeing that we are so close I do not need the added stress of him having had a few beers and then having to still take me to the hospital. I was nice about it and I really did ask nicely not making it sound as if he was doing anythig wrong but more that the added stress of him having had a few and gets pulled over. 1 or 2 beers might not mean he cannot drive but the legal limit for alcohol is so low that they could seriously arrest him even if he has had only 1/2 a beer etc. I know the chances of this happening is slim but still I don't need to be worrying about that now!!

So I was going to make side dishes for the braai because they are EXPECTING me too seeing that they are doing the meat. I told DH he would just need to take me to the shop later to get a few things. I just woke up and they were at the shops so that they could get beers for the 3 of them to drink. Nothing to go with the meat WTF???

When I asked DH if he was going to be drinking he ignored me and that immediately stripped my lid. So I also told him that they can f'ing cook for themselves. I'm 4 days away from my EDD and I am not going to slave for them in the kitchen while the 3 of them sit and drink outside by the fire.

PRIORITIES!!!! For F*K sakes!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"