Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Dani, I actually just recently read a study in a baby magazine stating that there's no benefits from eating the placenta. Apparently these are new finding's...? I'm not sure how true it is. Dh and I also just randomly heard it on the radio as well...He just reminded me as I was typing this. Let me know what u end up finding out ;)

I read that today, about there being no benefit.it was an article published in june this year. It was saying that continuing prenatal vitamins Has more benefit. It's the iron. I saw a commercial with vitamins from first response. they carry a ttc, pre natal and post natal vitamin. I wonder what all is in the post natal

I think it's one of those things with opposing sides that is case by case.

So as the resident super hippie I'll chime in :D I was planning on encapsulating but talked to my doula about it and she believes firmly it doesn't do much for you. There are two reasons why you would encapsulate: hormones to ward off PPD or nutrition. She told me if I'm worried about PPD then bio-identical hormones are actually proven to work and that would be my best bet. And a juicing plan is best for nutrition as it too is actually proven to work and we have a postpartum delivery service in town. She convinced me immediately! I don't plan on doing anything with it. She said "the reason mammals eat theirs is to hide evidence of birth and vulnerable young.. Not for some nutritional benefit we just don't understand!" I thought that was interesting and made sense!

I nearly died reading yalls responses to pam's DH!! Especially Chelsea wanting to light hers on fire :rofl: I experience that every other day pretty sure!

Jess and Kenna your bumps are beautiful! I cannot believe how close you both are.. Whoa

I found a yoga + spinning babies video today and I'm super excited about it! I downloaded it and already been spinning that baby! He's positioned well already but I'd like him to stay that way :thumbup: my yoga butt is back so I feel like i should take a short break from yoga but iiiii don't wannnaaaaaaa weh! When I don't do yoga I feel like I should clean the house :rofl: anything but that!

Beautiful bumps ladies.... And Jess, your bump is huge.

Pam - sorry about DH making you upset I would be too. Hope you feeling better today... FX for more plug and contractions.

Jyllian - Happy 30 Weeks.... :dance:

Mary - 9 Weeks already????? That was fast..... FX MS is treating you nicely...

Jess your bump looks great!!!!! Wowee :D

Kenna, I mentioned on your journal but I think your bump is getting a bit lower now. Still look great!

As for the placenta, I haven't even looked into any of it as it grosses me out. That is just me personally and I won't judge anyone drinking theirs in a capsule or having it in a stew etc.

AFM:
When I woke up this morning at 11am I went to loo and got plug everywhere except in my damn liner :growlmad: Why am I being tortured???????? :haha:
Nothing else to report so far. I hate the wait and I hate it more that I'm keeping everyone waiting too hahah

It is freezing outside today and raining + I'm almost 40 weeks pregnant. The fact that I got out of bed should be more than enough... meaning I WILL NOT BE TAKING MY PJ's OFF unless it is to get dressed to go to hospital for labour :D

I think a PJ day is allowed!
I feel the same about the placenta. Apparently here they can be donated so I think we will be doing that.

Nausea is still very much here. Eating salt and vinegar pringles like they are going out of fashion

I watched a programme on a woman that left her placenta attached to the baby. She carried it around in a lunch box and covered it in salt and lavender to mask the smell. Not for me personally!! :sick:

Yup I've seen stuff about that too. Lotus birthing? Or something like that

I think a PJ day is allowed!
I feel the same about the placenta. Apparently here they can be donated so I think we will be doing that.

Nausea is still very much here. Eating salt and vinegar pringles like they are going out of fashion

Thanks, PJ's it will be for as long as I can.

I'm sorry your nausea hasn't eased up yet. I really hope it does soon. When it does you can eat to your heart's desire... I promise that is loads of fun :winkwink:

I remember that I had 2x Magnum ice creams on the day that I felt better :D Then I had spinache, mushroom, ham, cheese and chicken breasts for dinner and food never tasted THAT good!!!

Mary - 9 Weeks already????? That was fast..... FX MS is treating you nicely...

Right?! I'm in my third month of pregnancy as of today! It feels like only a week ago that I was 5 weeks and saying "happy 9 weeks" to Laura! Lol. AND my ticker changed to the next baby! Aiden said "Yay! It doesn't look like a squid anymore!!" :haha:

As for the MS, its worse then ever! Buut ill survive.. I'm def excited for this part of pregnancy to fly by though! Hopefully I get at least a few months without sickness!

I hereby declare myself the birthing thread tester. My mind goes back to progrsterone and how after 3 losses and 3 doctors telling me they won't test and there's no proof, I had enough personal accounts to make me pop a suppository up my bum for 12 weeks lol.

Doctor's appt tomorrow. I've been eating pretty great and feeling awesome. I'm kinda bummed to go in and hear them slap some number on me and tell me to be careful but I'm thrilled to hear how big Q is measuring now.

Happy 30 Jyllian and happy 9 Mary!

No placenta pills, beverages or stews for this gal :laugh2: Once Cameron's here, I'll continue taking my prenatals as I plan to BF and focus on a healthy diet and getting enough fluid intake :thumbup: But omigosh I was so craving Cracker Barrel pancakes with maple syrup just the other day!!! No excess sugar for me this week tho :nope: We went to Menchies yesterday evening and I got frozen sorbet thinking it'd be ok and come to find out it actually has tons of sugar :dohh: Oh well... I've been doing good avoiding sugared drinks and junk food so far...

Kenna omigosh your bump is sooo cute! Once Pam puts us all out of our anticipation here then you're next followed by Jess, am I right ladies?

Happy 9 weeks Mary!

Cheryl did you post your bumpdate on BnB for this week? I don't think I saw it :shrug:

30 flippin' weeks today... holy crap!

JkYGFd2SJSHg92NvfsxQ97_MbFuB3W2mI1xZr6hGtv4=w250-h667-no

I'm getting a bit uncomfortable, like overall. My back is aching more, my feet and ankles swell, I have a hard time getting comfortable in bed, I get random aches and pains in my midsection, I've been burning up during the day and night and I lose energy quickly. But... I love feeling Cameron's little limbs poking out more and more, feeling him twist and turn and responding to my touch! I stuck my bare belly against OH's bare side this morning in bed and Cameron was kicking and punching away on his dad :laugh2: And it's awesome because he can definitely feel it now. He always wraps his arm around me from behind when we lay in bed and holds his hand over my belly to feel for kicks... and usually always gets some. My mom ordered all of our bedding/accessories yesterday as well as the dresser and changer topper. It should all arrive to us next Thursday :happydance: Hopefully we will have the crib piece by then and can put everything together! Final birthing class this eve and we get to tour the hospital maternity/postpartum wings. Baby-Q in four days and my next prenatal appointment is in a week. My 3 hour GD test is this Saturday at 7:30am then I'm getting my nails done and a pedi to pamper myself a bit before the shower. Ahhhh so much going on! :wacko:

Jyllian, I've been craving waffles and syrup and I never, ever eat them. So weird! I mean I guess that's why it's called a craving lol.

So this guy at works sees me in the kitchen and says WHOA! Not what I needed this morning :(

Jyllian, I've been craving waffles and syrup and I never, ever eat them. So weird! I mean I guess that's why it's called a craving lol.

So this guy at works sees me in the kitchen and says WHOA! Not what I needed this morning :(

Wait, what?! Am I reading that right? What an a*hole!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->