Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Just ordered this carseat cover for Cameron:

UHisr52eBaSchdNNiR83kg6Qi8H3rPgrSQGtJAsCgCs=w128-h116-no

Cute Carseat Canopy

There's a ton of colors, patterns, etc. If you use the code 1B1F2BF62 you get $50 off, so FREE! Have to pay S&H of course, but it's a $49.95 item and I got it for around $16 :thumbup:

Pam, I just saw ur comment about the MS. Thank you :). Its strange, although I feel SO sick, I'm ALWAYSSS thinking about food!! I'm like starving at the same time as being nauseous! lol. So, I do eat a ton when I'm not feeling as sick (usually right before bed for a couple hrs) and I love every bite I take! :haha: I def cant wait til the MS passes and I can enjoy eating ALL of the time! FX that happens soon!

Jess, thank you for ur advice on the progesterone. After you ladies giving me your thoughts on it, I've decided to definitely wean off and take 1/day for 7 days and then do the last 3 every other day until they're gone. That'll bring me to the very start of my 12th week. My RE did say the baby and everything is growing at the normal/average rate so they feel more than enough confidence in the placenta for me to stop at 10 weeks but I'm just a little nervous about suddenly stopping. I'm happy I have the extra 10 now! Its funny, before I could not wait to get done with these things but now that its almost time, I want to keep doing them! Well, the nervous part of me does anyway.. I do have good feelings about everything but I will feel much better once I'm in second tri, that's for sure. My doctor did make me feel better about stopping when he mentioned that women are on them for different reasons and that 10wks is standard practice for IVF patients who dont have low progesterone production on their own or whatever...Im not quoting that 100% right lol. Anyway, I'm happy I asked all of you about this! As much as I cant wait to have my energy back, the extra 2 weeks on progesterone will be more then worth it for our LO and like you said, it can't hurt any! :)

Chelsea
I would be very frustrated with the "not knowing" part. I take my hat of to you for keeping it together

I love your hair! Suits you and looks like it would be easy to maintain :D

Since falling pregnant my hair has not grown at all... okay a little but I use to have fast growing hair. I had to have my pixie cut razored every 4 weeks because it got long way too fast. Now I'm having a hell of a time trying to grow it out :( I look like shit most of the time now hahaha

Jyllian
Gift cards are a great idea for prizes. Nice of MIL to do that for you guys too.

Great car seat cover too and seems the price is a steal :D

Glad to read that OH is being productive and as long as he is nesting don't mention it as you don't want to accidentally jinx it and he stops :haha:

Jess
I know the stew sounds super disgusting to me too... but there are actually recipes online for that so people do do it :sick:

Depending on how much water I've had the plug takes on the same colour of my wee if that makes sense. When my wee is yellow the plug seems to be yellow tinged. It looks like ewcm but A LOT thicker and jelly like.

Mary

Just try to remember now what are the things that "trigger" you the most. My triggers were oros, peanut butter and few more things. I avoided them like crazy until much much later in the pregnancy. I didn't want to spoil a perfectly nausea free day with one of those triggers :haha:

2 Days away from my expected due date and it feels like nothing to me anymore because I don't know when he is going to decide to come...

On a random note before I update you ladies on my appointment, I wish somebody could take pictures of the faces I pull in the middle of the night when trying to get up to pee. If the faces look only half as funny as they feel I'm sure I'll pee myself laughing :haha:

Okay onto more serious business :D
Went for appointment and all is still well. Only thing that has changed is that Matthew has apparently never been fully engaged! The nurse that checked this morning felt a few times and said he is def not fully engaged but 3/5. I told her according to the other nurse he was and she said the other nurse must have felt it wrong.

I told her that I've been losing some of my plug since Sunday and wondering how far I might have dilated (yes, this is me clearly hinting that somebody can ram a fist up there and FFS just check). I get the typical generic clinic answer: "You won't have dilated as you are not in labour" :growlmad:

So I go back next week Thursday if I haven't gone into labour yet. Will then be referred to a Dr and should then start discussing induction options as I pretty much won't have a choice if my body doesn't go into labour by itself before 42 weeks etc.

Cherry on the cake, I almost pooped my pants and literally just just made it home in time to hit the loo.
My day has literally been off to a shit start :D

Pamela you crack me up! :laugh2:

Seriously they said you can't be dilated at all because you're not in labor?! :saywhat: Um, there's women who are dilated for weeks on end and not in labor. And one said you're engaged and another said you're not?! Absolute rubbish! I'd be highly annoyed.

I did not see you going past your due date... I guess Matthew is very cozy in there! I'm sure you're patience is growing paper thin with the back and forth nonsense at appointments and waiting and all :coffee:

We had our final birthing class yesterday evening and discussed what to expect with a newborn, car seat safety and toured the labor and delivery and postpartum areas of our hospital. The men were instructed to hold an ice cube wrapped in plastic wrap on a part of our bodies that'd be most annoying to simulate a contraction. They lasted for different time lengths with varying breaks in between like a real contraction would. I was highly annoyed, as OH placed the ice directly on my skin on my side and then down my back :growlmad: I wanted to slap him! Not sure how actual labor is going to unfold for us but hopefully I don't hurt him... When we entered a laboring room at the hospital I lost it and began crying. Stupid hormones :dohh: Just being in there made everything seem so very real and close to happening. And unavoidable, like omigawwwd I HAVE to do this! I collected myself and we finished the tour. We could hear some newborns crying from the rooms, it was so cute! The hospital I chose is remodeling that area and will be completed in August, so right before I deliver... hopefully! The new postpartum rooms are very nice with a huge shower and a big, comfy, leather-like couch that unfolds into a bed.

OH made his first craving run for me last night. It was 9:30 and I suddenly wanted tabbouleh and stuffed grape leaves with Greek yogurt. The one store that had both was closed, but a grocery store that I know has the grape leaves and yogurt was open so he ran there. They had closed up the cart for the night but somehow he managed to get an employee to dig some out of the back and returned home with a giant tub of grape leaves and yogurt :happydance: :toothpick:

YBlGSUFIrldYExm-IMfjx7pAcSSaj3Zj5_dEUv8je9s=w1186-h667-no

Patience... what is that? A side dish to sex? :rofl:

Yip, I didn't see myself going over either but hey it is what it is now. I'm just annoyed and miserable today.
I probably look like a complete ass since I got so over excited on Sunday about plug and now there is nothing happening. At this rate they'll induce me just before 42 weeks. So everything I didn't want = going overdue and being induced :(

I'm glad the hospital is nice. At least you can rest assured that if you did hurt OH during labour he would be well taken care of :haha:

Pam :rofl: not that I am laughing at your day but.. Anyway those nurses sound crazy!! Once you lose plug I thought you are typically dilated.. At least a little. Dilation doesn't totally have that much to do with when baby will actually come BUT those nurses are totally wrong! I've had friends at 1-2 cm for weeks just like
Jyllian said and they were definitely not in labor yet. Glad you made it home for your poo though :thumbup:

:rofl:

Jyllian don't abuse OH during labor!! Actually that might be a fun time to take out some frustrations you've had with him :grin: I love that car seat canopy, we ordered one too and the underside is minky and soooo soft! I already want to put the car seat in the car because it's taking up too much space in the nursery :haha: but I figure I will look crazy driving around with it at just barely 7 months! If DH could only "find the time" to clean out the nursery closer with all his clothes and shoes in there.... Grrrrrr

I'm completely forgetting everything else I need to reply to that I read last night so I apologize if I missed anyone!

Pretty sure Sawyer is transverse again but I'm not totally sure. Trying to do belly mapping but it honestly kinda freaks me out to push on him so much!! Not that I think I'm hurting him but it just feels kinda.. Gross?! Anyway I guess we will see tomorrow. GD test!!

Good luck at your scan today Jamie!! Can't wait to see sienna!

Anyone else have appointments soon? I know Jyllian has one today too

GL with your GD test Cheryl! My next appointment is Wednesday but my 3 hour GD test is Saturday :wacko: Jess has an appointment and scan today. Hey, you could always install the car seat in your car and drive around with the current week's fruit strapped in :rofl:

Oh yeah, I knew it was 2 of you 3 that had appointments today! I think I will indeed drive around with a pineapple strapped into the car seat.. not weird at all! :D

So... I'm polling. Favorite name?

- Sawyer Thomas
- Jack Thomas
- Leo Thomas

Ugh!!!!! I posted on the Bump and Sawyer got the least number of votes. I know that's a stupid way to consider it but I'm like ???

Ugh Cheryl this is tough because I think they all look and sound good :shrug: I really like Sawyer or Leo because they're more unique and not heard of often like Jack. But "Baby Jack" is cute too! :wacko:

Sawyer and Leo are my favorites. My appointment was today. HB is 150. He's measuring 30w and mama has only gained 2 lb. Whoo!! Also got my Tdap vaccine.

We just talked about the mucus plug in class Monday. Losing it means your cervix is preparing for labor but not that you're going into labor. You can lose it a few weeks early but i did think it meant dilation was staring. In any event, it's coming Hun!!

Dani how was you tDap? I've heard from a lot of women that it hurt! I'm getting mine at my appointment next week :sad1:

Jyllian - the actual shot didn't hurt me, but my arm ached for a few days almost a week afterwards.

Shot didn't hurt at all and so far no soreness at all.

Hi ladies- feeling like death currently with a raging sinus infection and not being able to take anything really sucks!!! No sleep the last two nights since lying down = more coughing and when I sneeze I think my chest is gonna crack open ! Ouch :/. Anyways, my appt was a complete let down! Apparently the appt I had two wks ago which I was told was for genetic testing was really my "20 week" and final scan. I'm so bummed! I opted for the testing thinking it would give me an extra scan, but they are being total cheapos and counting that as their final scan even tho I went somewhere else for it. Meh!
Also, I hadn't been seen by my OB in 6.5 weeks so my weight gain since last appt was 4 pounds, putting me at 14 total so far at 22 weeks (measuring exactly 22 today) which I really didn't think was terrible but my dr told me I'm gaining too much already and then proceeded to nitpick everything I eat and tell me that if I continue to gain too much the baby will be born with a genetic predisposition to become fat. GREAT! So not only am I so sick and miserable right now and hormonal, you're gonna tell me I'm being a bad mom already by predisposing my child to obesity! I'm so so sad. I basically balled my eyes out as soon as I walked out the door. DH felt terrible and tried to tell me I'm fine. But I seriously can't stop crying. And I'm at work now until 9 ... Just feeling sad and miserable overall today :(

Cheryl- I really like sawyer and Leo.

Pam- I hope you get some progress soon !!!!

Jamie I'm so sorry you're not feeling well and having a rough day :hugs: Um 14lbs is getting to be too much? :saywhat: At 22 weeks exactly I had an appointment and gained 21lbs at that point ](*,) I think it's insensitive for doctors to point at every little thing. I know it's important to eat healthy and all but every woman gains differently and shouldn't be ripped apart over it! The recommended gain is like 25-30lbs, isn't it? Don't let it get you down! If you are being a bad mommy then I'm a horrible one!

Jamie that's total bull!! It's much safer to gain too much than not enough. Not gaining enough is linked to low birth weight which can cause real problems which is why I have been nervous about gaining enough! Seems to not be an issue anymore though haha :D Your doc sounds like a turd. That sucks you didn't get a scan too!!!

Thank you so girls!!! I really needed your kind words. Feeling super sensitive today. I agree too that every woman and body is different. I guess well see how things go from here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->