Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Gosh, it's quietened down on here after all the excitement of the baby arrivals!

How's everyone enjoying the weekend?

32 weeks for me!

We had our 2nd shower yesterday with dh's family and it was absolutely amazing. All the cutest baby stuff is making this all so real! My goal for next week is to narrow down pediatrician and daycare. The real things that matter lol

I saw your pics dani! You looked amazing! Looked like a great time. This is kind of a weird question but why sort of gifts did you get? We are using babylist and so I just organized everything as "top priority" by writing a note and putting it at the top of the general section but most of the stuff left is more expensive. I was wondering if people went in on stuff together or what happened for you

Jess I can do it. I Def won't be able to do it in the middle of the night, but I'm available pretty much all day every day

I saw your pics dani! You looked amazing! Looked like a great time. This is kind of a weird question but why sort of gifts did you get? We are using babylist and so I just organized everything as "top priority" by writing a note and putting it at the top of the general section but most of the stuff left is more expensive. I was wondering if people went in on stuff together or what happened for you

For this shower, I would say the most expensive item purchased was probably a rock n play or my diaper bag. I got a bath tub, traveling diaper pad, regular diaper bag, tons of clothes, a breast pump, some breast pump accessories, Rock n Play, diapers, burp clothes, blankets, wipes, a wiper warmer, a glider, a piggy bank, and gift cards.

The only things left that are expensive are a pack n play, the stroller and a baby carrier.

Most people bought gifts individually which is why I think the expensive items are left.

Congrats Kirsty!
Cheryl - hard to believe you're starting your 10 week countdown.
Dani - that's so exciting. I wrote my baby shower invitations yesterday. I'm looking forward to it

We had a really productive weekend. The change table and pram arrived (still waiting on the cot and sheets) and I purchased the travel cot, nappy bag, baby bath, bouncer and some smaller items (e.g. bottles). Starting to feel a lot more real now, and hard to believe I hit the 3 months to go mark this week. I'm starting to work part time from this week (informal part time) which is a relief, but a bit strange too. It's weird seeing clients that I've worked with for years come in to see another team member! We also made a list of tasks we'd like to complete before the baby arrives, and made some good headway on those. Feeling much more like we're on track than I was a fortnight ago

Fi, that's a great start! I can't wait to hear about your showers. It's fun to share your joy with your friends and loved ones!

Well.....still not much sleep. I'm having some pretty strong period like cramps today though.

Ugh that annoying Glad Gain scent ad is back :growlmad: It always opens up no matter how hard I try to avoid it...

We were very fortunate that family got us many of the big expensive items we were hoping for. Basically left to get was the glider, swing/bouncer combo, tub, play mat, diaper bag and little odds and ends like rash cream, powder, etc. His mom got a TON of clothes off Facebook garage sales, some brand new even, so we just bought some white socks and onesies in 0-3 and 3-6. Plus, OH and I had bought a few new clothing items we couldn't resist.

Now that we have everything, I have more of a calm energy about me which is a bit of a relief. I've been super busy though. Over the weekend while OH was at work all day I managed to cut, router and hang two closet doors. I hung drywall and corner bead in the laundry opening and put a coat of mud on it all. I also mudded/textured the ceiling downstairs and installed some baseboard, casing and quarter round with assistance from my DS. OH is off work today and tomorrow so his job is to work on closet doors in DD's room, transition strips, electrical outlet and anything in the half bath he can tackle. I can't believe how different and finished the downstairs looks in the before/after photo and how close we are to finishing! Cannot wait to bring our baby boy home to a home with fully functional space throughout. It will be nice to have friends and family see the completed work in person when they come to visit.

Ak-XfZzhNmYpSWRGS2mUP0SBKLkIYJQXPD6WvzwJD_k=w1186-h667-no
8VlVjh9BATpRXvREa6WKx5r9eRawe8tof47UIP2pxGY=w1186-h667-no
mnLjNsuUewqH4szWTRyZtoUm5RVbwGzlNfBSvmm15k4=w376-h667-no
BcqAKbAE_9yS4dvZBU_Kw85m-iKsI-Kq1c3GrsyRzGM=w376-h667-no
E72B6T49z0AAaKpPuhhOXH7lKUlgA28bCQk8bmAgXZY=s667-no
_a-edmoUq33-FZMKDOhJXPrC8PVGKFcQXl67tWXLOsY=s667-no
M4OgHMSM0Xh2-odJPCfN63EKridhxNrB2kWTSFvqKaE=w376-h667-no

My appointment is this Wednesday. OH was excited but then realized he works Wednesdays during my next two visits. But I reminded him that He will be able to attend at least one, if not two, of my weekly appointments and that's where the real excitement is with the addition of internal exams... yay :happydance: Then I had a mini panic attack realizing I'm getting that much closer :wacko:

It's so exciting to hear about everyone's planning and showers and new babies! Remember when we are all pretty much moping around in a funk like "Ugh when is something gonna happen?!" Like at a standstill for awhile there. Now... BOOM! Time is flying and we all have so much to look forward to!

Cameron was super active Saturday morning. I caught a lot on video but have to edit it, as he was being a stinker the first minute and half in...

Ugh Jyllian I cant see any of those photos!! I'm so excited to see your progress :D Where did you learn how to do all of this?!

Our nursery is coming together.. I got a basket for next to the glider and it's totally painted so now we just need some sort of cube storage and a cushion to make it a bench, shelf over the changing area for diapers + the little L E O prints we're going to hang, and other art. I think my sister and I are going to paint a huge canvas hanging piece. They used to have it at Pottery Barn Kids but they're out now so we figured we should try it! DH wants a Winnie the Pooh print in the room (random!) so I figure I should honor that - hah! - but not really sure where it should go. Maybe a little gallery wall with our favorite kids books and some other random prints. Doesn't quite go with the theme but well!

Ahh Cheryl the big 3-0 today! I can usually remember your bump days since it's the Monday before my Wednesday bump update.

Pottery Barn Kids has CUUUUTE stuff! I'm wanting to do some kind of mural or big decal on the nursery wall above his crib area... or we were considering hanging his name in painted wooden letters. A lot of people are doing that I've noticed. I do like the monkey decals I saw earlier. I don't want to put anything on the walls until we are certain everything is placed exactly where we want.

I fixed my photos. I had taken the URL code from my AOL email instead of saving em to my Google account and doing it from there but should show up now :thumbup:

I have no idea how I learned anything :shrug: Likely just picked up stuff from my dad and my ex husband, and most recently just doing things with OH we are both learning more together. I was super shocked I pulled all that off, being as I have super preggo brain attacks and pretty much incapable of simple tasks the further along I get :laugh2:

:hi: ladies

There is way too much to catch up on here :blush:

For the most however it seems you ladies are doing good.

I'm still trying to get a little bit of a routine going with Matthew so it is really hard to get on here and start a parenting journal and keep up better with you ladies.

DH has been amazing since the hospital by rubbing my back, all the support through the birth itself and helping me at home with cleaning, cooking and making tea when I'm breast feeding.

Matthew is 1 week old today and at his appointment this morning he weighed 3.4kg (was 3.34kg at birth) so he is showing weight gain and still feeding like a champ.

My weight is totally screwing with my mind. I weighed 87kg when I went for my very 1st pregnancy appointment. Lost weight down to 84kg during ms and weighed 90kg when I went into labor. Got weighed today and I now weigh in at 81 kg :shock: That is 9kg less than last week when I was induced but also 6kg less than pre pregnancy weight :dance: Don't know how I did that but I like it :D

I'll try my very best to check in more regularly with you ladies and load some photos of Matthew. Winter here so he is always wrapped up in blankets or he has a boob attached to his face :haha:

I really miss you all :hugs:

Hi Pam! :hi: We miss you too!

Thanks for the update! We all understand that you ladies with new babies are busy and BnB isn't top priority... it's so nice to hear from you all when you do get a moment to pop in!

So glad you are doing well and that DH has been so helpful! How does he like being a daddy? I sure hope I can drop the weight like you and Daphne have right after giving birth! Cannot believe Adam is ONE MONTH OLD already and Matthew is ONE WEEK :wacko: And now we have Princess Shelby :winkwink:

Luke may be making an appearance soon too. I've been having so,e pretty extreme period cramps all day and on the way to my moms physical therapy appointment I felt and heard a loud pop come from my vagina, more specifically my cervix and then the contractions picked up in duration and intensity.

Jyllian - you get such a lot done! I'm rubbish at DIY skills, so I'm very impressed. It's a great feeling when you can see the house close to finished. We moved house last year, and I love being home ever since we moved. I'm a bit the same with wall decals. I've seen some that I like, but I want to see how the rest of the room comes together first.

Congratulations on reaching 30 weeks, Cheryl! It's amazing to think that the next round of babies will happen so soon. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your nursery. We've just started to try and get organised for ours. I hope some of the furniture arrives soon so we can get it set up.

Jess, I hope you feel a bit more comfortable. Not too long to go!

Pam, thanks for popping in! I can't believe your weight has dropped so quickly. It sounds like Matthew is doing really well, and lovely that your DH has been so supportive. I can't believe it's been a week already.

I hope everyone else is doing well. I had my first pregnancy tears yesterday. We've been without gas for 4 days now (so no hot water, or cooktop - it's winter here) and they were supposed to deliver yesterday (finally), and when I called to check where it was, they said they weren't delivering until Wednesday or Thursday! Very frustrating because there's nothing we can do about it. Thank goodness my parents live close by and I was able to go and have a hot shower.

Oh geez, Fi!!! You made it four days before tears? I would have made it 4 minutes! Glad your parents are close and hope everything is straight soon!

Jyllian, love the nursery!!!!! So cute!

Happy 30 weeks, Cheryl!!!!!!!!

Great hearing from you, Pam! So glad all is well!

Shelby and I are doing great! Breastfeeding has been our only struggle but we have found alternatives and it is working. :)

Omg Jess! Any fluid leaking?? Timing contractions??

Hi Pam!!!! So glad you're well and DH is helping!! That's wonderful about your weight loss too! Glad Matthew is weighing healthy too!! Pics and updates when you can! Miss you too!

I had a very emotional wknd. You may remember me mentioning that I am planning to move next month and we were buying DHs parents home (for a great deal) since it has two apts off the house that are rented out and that money practically pays the mortgage so it allows for me to be a stay at home mom and us live comfortably financially. Well his parents told us this wknd (after a year of us planning to buy this house) they don't want us buying it anymore, one month before we are gonna move! They think it's too much work to have tenants and it's an hour away from DHs job so he'd have a long commute until he finds a new job. They didn't want us dealing with any of that. Which is valid and I think it would've sucked to deal with but now we are stuck in the little condo and have to look for a house we can hopefully afford on just DHs income !! So I was a bit stressed with those new thoughts and changes and now all of a sudden having to come up with a new plan! After some research on houses and finding some towns that we an afford that have good schools, I feel better about the situation and actually am excited about being able to pick my own house and town! We were def settling on a lot of our "taste" and preferences when we agreed to buy his parents house in not the nicest area/town. So I'm pretty excited about getting to choose now!! Now we just have to convert DHs office into a nursery for the baby! He works from home some days so it's not ideal but thankfully he doesn't seem bothered by losing his office. Only temporary until we can sell the condo and buy a house sometime next summer. Onwards and upwards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->