Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

That is def cute!!! What nickname did your have for yours, Kirsty? And Daphne, what's yours?!

Ever since TTC, we already have these "first" names ready:

Adam for boy and Amira for girl. Amira is arabic word for princess. :happydance:

We're gonna put 2nd name in it, still deciding what though....

For now we call our bean,baby-bulilit. Bulilit means tiny in english. :haha::rofl:

Here's the picture we got not that clear though but we saw the flickering heart and the sac. Baby is measuring 7w1d (1 day behind).

Edit: After posting the photo and checking it on the PC, i think i'm seeing a very small baby with 2 black circles as eyes. I may be imagining things now and it's so weird how my avatar and the circled image looked the same just on a different side.. :haha::lol::rofl:

https://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag240/mdscpa/image_zps93dbdb78.jpg

I love the progression in your tests Kenna!!!
I had the 2 faint ones and then the digital. Never pee'd again to see 2 dark lines.... but hey if I still want to I can join you in the POAS parade :rofl:
I'm really so happy for you!!!!

I like your names Daphne!

So ladies what have you guys got in mind for birth? Natural, c-section, water birth??

I want to go as natural as I can with no pain intervention (the hospital closest to us does not do elective c-sections anyway, only emergency)
I would not be too happy, but will settle for a c-section in case of emergency to ensure safe delivery.

I'm hoping for a water birth. If that doesn't go to plan, I'm hoping for a drug free natural birth. X

I'm a big girl, right now I want an epidural and vaginal birth lol!!!! I'm terrified of giving birth! I'm not terrified of being a mother, just actually going through labor. Ugh!

I think that's normal Kenna, I'm also scared of going through labor. I just want to try as far as possible to have it go the way mother nature intended it to be and that is with vaginal birth.

In South Africa some private GYNS have become so. Money driven that they only book c-sections regardless of whether the mom is able to give natural birth or not. They don't want to be called at 2am to go and 'catch a baby'. Also some women have become lazy and don't even want to try... I'm not against c-section don't get me wrong, its just that if there are no complications Vaginal birthed babies are healthier :)

Is it true that C sections are harder recovery than vaginal births? Both of my sister in laws have birth canal complications and cannot push a baby out. I believe they were told they couldn't lift anything over a small amount, even lifting the baby was dangerous. I don't know if I'm remembering that correctly or not. Lol

From what I have heard from friends Yes c-section takes longer to recover. It's actually a major operation as they cut through your abdominal muscles etc. My friend had vaginal birth with her 1st and with her 2nd she chose the c-section route because she was too tired after the natural birth. She said she regretted that c-secion so much because the pain she experienced when having to stand up for the 1st time the day after was horrible. She and most of my friends said that natural is the way to go if there is no complications.

The only thing that has me worried about natural birth is pushing so hard that you accidentally poop on the table which is apparently VERY normal :blush: :rofl:

From what I have heard from friends Yes c-section takes longer to recover. It's actually a major operation as they cut through your abdominal muscles etc. My friend had vaginal birth with her 1st and with her 2nd she chose the c-section route because she was too tired after the natural birth. She said she regretted that c-secion so much because the pain she experienced when having to stand up for the 1st time the day after was horrible. She and most of my friends said that natural is the way to go if there is no complications.

The only thing that has me worried about natural birth is pushing so hard that you accidentally poop on the table which is apparently VERY normal :blush: :rofl:

OMG! I have worried about that too but I've been told that the docs and nurses clean it up so quickly, no one will even know it happened! :)

I can't wait to give birth! Of course it's going to hurt but it'll be 100% worth it when we've all got our little people! My mum has had 4 sections because she can't give birth naturally and she's always said that she'd rather have another baby than go to the dentist. X

Haha I actually don't mind the dentist.

You are right Kirsty, it's going to hurt but will be long forgotten as soon as we hold our babies!

Wow this thread is moving fast now!!

I had a section with my first. Recovery really wasn't that bad, considering that it's a pretty good surgery. My daughter had no complications, we breastfed for 14 months (some initial struggles at first, but that's normal for any type of birth), and no issues bonding. I am hoping for a VBAC this time, because I now have a very active toddler who will want to jump allllll over Mommy when we get home from the hospital :) I have every intention if having an epidural if I get to have a vaginal birth!

And by the way - a good friend who is an L&D nurse told me that 95% of moms poop on the table. It's gonna happen. They take care of it so quickly no one ever knows it happens. So...just pretend it didn't ;)

I'm dreading a section. Apparently it feels like your insides are going to fall out the first time you stand up. No thaaanks

Hey girls,

recently 2 of my friends gave birth via c-section, apparently its so much more common now due to babies being in breech. :| Or is it the docs pushing for a higher fee? I am hoping for a vbac due to the fast recovery time as well, also scared of the pooping part though :D

Heres my NT scan attached. The pics didnt come out so well :| but everything is in the normal ranges, heartbeat at 164rpm. Ive also had bloods drawn that will tell me the odds for anomalies etc. Hope its all good, we'll know on Wednesday :huh:

Attachments

• 10448740_10152776626230041_2325944503281941385_n.jpg
    10448740_10152776626230041_2325944503281941385_n.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 9
Well if the drs and nurses clean poop away so quick hopefully I won't know about it either :rofl:

Love the scan pic MolGold! Thx for sharing! FX all good news by Wednesday and that baby is strong and healthy!!

Recommending that you all read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, particularly the second section. Start with Part II, then go back and read Part I. Trust me. You'll be so happy you read it. Especially if you fear labor and delivery. It has given me so much peace of mind and confidence! I can't wait to go through the birth process now and the only thing I fear is having people around me who don't understand my decisions to go all natural.

I also would love a water birth but we'll have to see how it goes.

I've been watching birth videos on the internet. I'm definitely a lot more confident about labour now than I was to begin with. Knowledge is key, I think. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->