Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

When I get pregnant again I would love a water birth, but hospitals around here don't do that and no midwife would take me on BC I have already had 2 sections. The first was BC I didn't know what was going on and had no one with me who could stand up for me and my ob tricked me because he was in a hurry to go on his scheduled vacation and didn't want another doc delivering me. The second I had a hard early labor that lasted over several days and once I was finally dialated enough for an epidural I was out of my mind with pain and told the doctor on call to forget the VBAC if I had to wait another hour to be transported to a VBAC friendly hospital. My doctor later told me I probably wouldn't have been able to push DS 2 out bc his head was 19 inches around at birth and I have a smaller pelvis and never even made it to a 3 with DS 1. As long as you have and are willing to take your pain meds a section isn't so bad, but you really do have to be REALLY careful BC you are recovering from a MAJOR surgery. The hardest part is not being able to get up unassisted if you're laying flat or to turn over. By ten days each time I surprised the nurses that came to check on us by being able to kneel on the flor with baby, change a diaper in that position, and get back up without help and without struggling. I healed well too and the scar would be difficult to see even if I didn't have the big ole pooch hanging down over it. lol

I'm dreading a section. Apparently it feels like your insides are going to fall out the first time you stand up. No thaaanks

I've heard the same thing!!! :shock:

Brianna, I've also unfortunately heard that after c-sections it becomes more difficult to give birth vaginally as there might be complications. I'm by no means an expert though, my friend who is an ICU nurse said so...

Recommending that you all read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, particularly the second section. Start with Part II, then go back and read Part I. Trust me. You'll be so happy you read it. Especially if you fear labor and delivery. It has given me so much peace of mind and confidence! I can't wait to go through the birth process now and the only thing I fear is having people around me who don't understand my decisions to go all natural.

I also would love a water birth but we'll have to see how it goes.

I want to downloand this one... silly question :blush: I get results on Goolge for Ina May and then there is stuff about gaskin as well... is that the one?

I'm not sure if this a fact or just something I've picked up somewhere but I don't think you can have a natural birth if you get pregnant within 12 months of having a section. Something about the incision not having enough time to heal and a risk of it all splitting open.

I googled 'incision' to makes sure I'd got the correct spelling and nearly passed out. I don't think I was built for this! haha

Hahaha, you and me both Kirsy
My tummy hasn't been doing to well lately either. I could normally stomache a lot of things and now just the sight of some things makes me want to gag!

Goodness you ladies can chat!!
I had both girls vaginally, both spontaneous natural, drug free labours and I am hoping this little man is the same.
Oh and with dd2 I poo'd every time I pushed, was sooooo embarrassed but the midwife never mentioned it. Dh took great delight in telling me afterwards lol.

I'm Amanda for those of you who don't already know xx

Hahah at your dh, Amanda! He sounds like my dh... would never let me forget it if I did happen to poop on the table lol.

I think I might just as a precaution position him at my head :)

I've told my husband that there's no looking at my lady parts during labour! Poor man will be scarred for life. X

I've told my husband that there's no looking at my lady parts during labour! Poor man will be scarred for life. X

My point exactly! He might never want to have anything to do with the nether regions if he sees what happens. In my opinion what happens down there during birth should stay there :haha:

I told dh about pooping and all he said was "You just poop if you need to"
Sometimes he can be really sweet

Recommending that you all read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, particularly the second section. Start with Part II, then go back and read Part I. Trust me. You'll be so happy you read it. Especially if you fear labor and delivery. It has given me so much peace of mind and confidence! I can't wait to go through the birth process now and the only thing I fear is having people around me who don't understand my decisions to go all natural.

I want to downloand this one... silly question :blush: I get results on Goolge for Ina May and then there is stuff about gaskin as well... is that the one?

Yep, that's the one! Ina May Gaskin. Also check out on Netflix the documentary "The Business of Being Born". It's very informative and a great intro to natural birthing. I'm also a bit obsessed with YouTube birthing videos haha!!

You ladies definitely can chat, lol, I can hardly keep up!

It is true that a vbac after more than one section is more unlikely. My two sections were 17 months apart and my last one was just over 6 years ago so if my ob is willing I can try but I have to go to a hospital where he can attend me and where a vbac is allowed. If I have twins I definitely won't be allowed to try as I have had complications with both previos pregnancies (several bouts of pre-term labor) and would be high risk.

Yep, that's the one! Ina May Gaskin. Also check out on Netflix the documentary "The Business of Being Born". It's very informative and a great intro to natural birthing. I'm also a bit obsessed with YouTube birthing videos haha!!

You ladies definitely can chat, lol, I can hardly keep up!

Thanks.
I'm going to try and download that one tonight :flower:

I'm going to skip the videos for now... serious nausea kicked in and I would do anything not to be physically sick again.

I'm glad for the symptoms though :)

Ok ladies, time for bed but before that i just need to ask something. I went to the bathroom earlier and noticed something (TMI ALERT) my vag has some discoloration like it's bruised or something closed to that like someone punched and kicked it. Is this normal? Is it because of increased blood flow? I'm scared of what it looked like :haha:

I just wanted to jump in here and say Congrats Wishing/Kenna!!!! I've been keeping an eye on the other thread and have been keeping my fingers crossed! So exciting!

Ok ladies, time for bed time but before that i just need to ask something. I went to the bathroom earlier and noticed something (TMI ALERT) my vag has some discoloration like it's bruised or something closed to that like someone punched and kicked it. Is this normal? Is it because of increased blood flow? I'm scared of what it looked like :haha:

I also wanted to mentions about this it's called Chadwick's sign. " Chadwick's sign is a bluish discoloration of the cervix, vagina, and labia resulting from increased blood flow. It can be observed as early as 6 to 8 weeks after conception, and its presence is an early sign of pregnancy."

I hope that helps!

I just wanted to jump in here and say Congrats Wishing/Kenna!!!! I've been keeping an eye on the other thread and have been keeping my fingers crossed! So exciting!

OMG!!!!! I've missed you!!!! How are you doing?! Thank you so much!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->