Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

I'm afraid that as my bump starts becoming visible that my partner will be weirded out or something. Or once he feels the baby move it will freak him out and not want to have sex. I've already shared my concerns with him and he assured me that he will think I'm absolutely beautiful and likely love me even more than he already does because I'm carrying his child. But he did warn me that if we are having sex and he feels the baby move it might throw him off momentarily.

I came across this photo of me when I was about 20 weeks pregnant with my DS.
Prom01.jpg
I like to tell my son that he went to my senior prom (and graduation) with me :winkwink: Yeah I was THAT girl... Age and having no prior pregnancies worked for me then. Now at only 6 weeks along my stomach looks so bloated and flabby :cry:

Whoah!!!!! 20 weeks and no bump????? Now i feel so big......

I didn't look that good before pregnancy, let alone at 20 weeks :rofl:

:saywhat: :shock:

I also did not look that good before falling pregnant.... well maybe when I was 5 years old or something! WOW for you you hot momma!!

I think we need to trust our partners when they tell us we look pretty and not worry about bloat and flab (I call it my fab flab :) )
The other day I put on a dress that I haven't worn since last summer and it became tight around my belly. I asked dh if I look fat or pregnant in the dress and he responded that I look very pretty. Just about melted my heart.

Oh and some advice that might come in handy later (not that I am an expert :haha: ) When having sex try doing "doggy" and make your tummy a no touch zone. That way your partner won't feel the baby move.

I'm thinking that once the baby starts moving a lot I might not want to have sex... It would just feel weird for me getting my groove on and then LO kicks or something to remind me that I'm here and I know what you are doing :rofl:

Bump Photos at 17 Weeks Pregnant:

https://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag240/mdscpa/picasion.com_3Z4g_zpshbf9chvw.gif

https://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag240/mdscpa/17wbumpsummary_zps29a33963.jpg

Here's 16 weeks. Decided to use the same dress from now on for closer comparison:

https://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag240/mdscpa/16wsummary_zpsd4b539a8.jpg

Wanted to share this video i just saw... I'm not sure if me and DH can have this kind of conversation with our kid(s) in the future, not that soon... :haha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3MyLt6l5n0&feature=share

Love the bump photos!!!

I got a belly band last night to try out. Basically, it allows me to wear my pants that I can't quite button and wear comfortably. I tried it on with a pair of tight fitting skinny jeans last night:
With the band...
band2.jpg
With the band and a shirt over top...
band1.jpg
I'm wearing it today at work with a pair of regular fit jeans. Sitting at my desk is much more comfortable on my lower tummy but before I even left the house I noticed some slipping and sagging. I have to yank my pants up every so often but that kind of happens when I would wear them pre-pregnancy so not too big of a deal I guess. The one I got is from Target and is called the beband and was around $16 which isn't bad considering the band can be used throughout your pregnancy and postpartum.

https://www.target.com/p/bematernity-...d/-/A-13742281​

I read some reviews and they weren't bad at all, though someone mentioned the slipping. Another review recommended putting the band on first then pulling up your pants and folding the band over the waistline of the pants, which is what I did today but noticed the back part has come untucked out of my pants. I feel it would work really well with a pair of lighter material pants such as khakis or dress slacks. Wish I would've had this yesterday because my black slacks were digging into my lower tummy and causing cramps. So far I'd say it was worth it, especially since I can now eat comfortably without being limited to leggings and sweatpants :thumbup:

You ladies all look amazing!

Here is a picture of my bump from Christmas, its pretty much the same atm just lower! Sorry for the fuzzy cell phone picture.

https://i62.tinypic.com/6zu6gx.png

Wanted to share this video i just saw... I'm not sure if me and DH can have this kind of conversation with our kid(s) in the future, not that soon... :haha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3MyLt6l5n0&feature=share

OMG!!:haha: That was so funny!

Ah SweetMelodies, thanks for sharing! I cannot wait till my bump is all nice and round :)

Happy 38 weeks sweetmelodies...!!!!! :happydance:

Thank you, I can't believe it's only 2 weeks until my due date. Crazy!

I have been reading up a lot on labor symptoms and things and trying to be prepared as I can be. I have my bag packed and everything is ready here to bring the baby home now we just wait.

So they say that you shouldn't go to the hospital until your contractions are strong, coming every 5 mins and have been like that for about 2 hours. Or if your water breaks.

But my Mother tells me if I start having contractions and they are 10 mins apart to go to the hospital. She says the women in our family normally deliver fast, and with both my sister and me she went from contractions every 10 mins to having us with in an hour or so.

This is slightly frightening to me since the hospital is a 20 min drive away. I really don't know what I should do when it happens, I'm tempted to call the maternity ward and ask them just to see what their take is on the situation. hmm

My gut says you will know when it's time to go. It's better to go too soon than too late.

Went to my high risk Ob appointment today and got a trigger. The doc prescribed me some more anti nausea pills and something to help me breathe. She found baby with the doppler (too bad I could have had another scan :( but the heart rate was a bit fast. Baby was very active and kept swimming away from the doppler

Jess, could you briefly tell me again your ms story and meds? I have another ttc buddy that can't hold down any foods and is doing pretty bad :(

I'm glad you have a healthy strong and active baby Jess!!! Almost 2nd tri :yipee:

I'm also worried about contractions and time to get to the hospital SweetM. Our hospital is 30-40 minutes drive away and in the winter the road sometimes gets flooded. OMG I just remember the flooded roads :shock: So it might then take longer to get there. I'm agree to rather get there a bit earlier than too late.

Dani, I had ms badly as well but I don't think it ever got as bad as Jess'
I've read that ginger does wonders! I bought pickled ginger (used in sushi) and made black redbush tea with a slice or two of the ginger in. Take very small sips and try finishing the cup. That seemed to help me in the beginning. Later it turned on me though. Mint might also help. When the ginger turned on me I brushed my teeth about 7-8 times a day :haha: Because the mint taste helped A LOT. I tried store bought peppermints but they didn't do the trick like tooth paste did.

Shame I hope she feels better soon!

Jess, could you briefly tell me again your ms story and meds? I have another ttc buddy that can't hold down any foods and is doing pretty bad :(

I don't really have a story but I was unable to keep anything down (and by anything I mean anything....spit, water, food). None of the regular methods of easing morning sickness worked and I landed in the er twice due to dehydration. I probably need to go again but I'm holding out. They tried me on unisom b12 and then b6, but it did nothing but make matters worse. The er doc put me on Zofran which only helped for about an hour. I am now on phenegran in both oral and suppository form and Atarax, with a script to fill for cloprimide. Even with the meds I still have been puking 4-6 hours every day.

I know I am going to be judged for this (but I don't care). Yesterday I took a sip of a medicated marijuana drink and the nausea subsided so much! I looked it up and did some research and it will in no way affect the baby negatively. I've never smoked anything my whole life so I was pretty scared but the pot did help some. My mom bought me a medical marijuana patch that you place on the top of your foot and it should help for about 8 hours. The patch is pretty cool because they remove the carcinogens and just leave the medication part of it. It's given frequently here in Colorado to cancer patients that are struggling like I am with chemo. If it works I'm going to keep doing it.

I'm not judging you Jess.
My opinion is that you are doing what is best for you to be able to continue healthily during your pregnancy. I have heard that dehydration is very bad during pregnancy and can cause mc. So if you get some relief and a healthy meal I'm with you :hugs:

I will continue to hold out hope that it wont be that much longer for you now and you feel super and don't need any help from meds!

Leonardo had his 2 week check up today (he's 3 weeks old tomorrow!). He's gained back all of the weight he lost after birth and has put on another 6 ounces, putting him at 5lb 14oz. Everything looked perfect :cloud9:

Can some of you ladies hurry up and give [full term] birth so I'm not the only one with these slightly awkward updates? :rofl:

I know that im not quite in this thread but I read from time to time to keep up with you ladies pregnancies. I just wanted to chime in on your post jess, do what you got to do! I actually read an entire thread that was discussing that very thing, and more than not everyone was supportive on that thread. The only way it will do any harm is if you smoke it, and thats because it effects the babies lungs. But patches and drinks wont do any harm. Im a firm believer and always have been in the medicinal uses of pot.i actually wrote a paper on it once. In my opinion its natural, and is no different then natural supplements. so no matter what anyone thinks, you have to do what is going to keep you and baby at a healthy weight! Good for you!!

Sorry haven't been on lately. I'm starting to experience intense anxiety and sadness and so mean. Been wanting to be left a lone. I go to doctor the 21st and plan on talking with her about it during my first visit. It's a struggle especially when my bf is my best friend and we never argue to now I'm pregnant and I cant stand when he breathes my air so I lash out. It's a struggle and he's the only one I am getting pissy with. Everyone else I am fine. He left for a few days till Monday to give me space but he still struggles with giving me space and leaving me alone by texting and at times acting immature. Uggggg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->